re meat pies

It didn't look like haloumi, and the description didn't match that either. I'm trying to think what cheese would work. Probably one that has a lower fat content. The top pastry would protect it from direct heat and that would also help to stop it melting.

I remember the NZ Georgie Pie steak and cheese pies had cheese that didn't melt.

Talking about Cheese.... in oven cooking.... often use Massdam...  stands up well for about 30mins in 200 deg oven......   on the other end is bega cheese slices   about 3 minutes and has turned to liquid and run off....

Hmmm steak and cheese pie sounds  nice for lunch...

Don.... but   I think I will have soup today

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure it tastes nice but I would  have liked the cheese to have melted throughout 

I find when the cheese is fully melted it tends to get lost in the gravy. Having a semi melted cheese isn't so bad as I find it makes the cheese stand out better. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

15 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I find when the cheese is fully melted it tends to get lost in the gravy. Having a semi melted cheese isn't so bad as I find it makes the cheese stand out better. 

Better off getting a plain meat 🥧 and whacking a slice of cheese on top.

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have actually had a cheese pie with gooey melted cheese and it was delicious😋. I recommend it👍

I have devoured meat and cheese pies over the years, always gooey.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I have devoured meat and cheese pies over the years, always gooey.

This one didn't have meat, it was just cheese but in a pie casing. Sounds weird but works really well🤗

Edited by ilikeanswers

14 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

This one didn't have meat, it was just cheese but in a pie casing. Sounds weird but works really well🤗

Had Cheese and bacon ones in the past, bit like a quiche.

Well Mrs G had the week off. We had to go out so decided to have a little drive.

Lamb and mint pie (well actually a couple) a pastie, a vanilla slice and a couple of milk shakes. Of course had yo share with Maxy.

742F307C-3AA9-4731-9E61-A2936CD801F7.jpeg

54A2867E-14DA-4BD0-9FAE-E638AA2DF095.jpeg

21E20F24-94A3-4DA9-B62E-9AAB3899A6A3.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well Mrs G had the week off. We had to go out so decided to have a little drive.

Lamb and mint pie (well actually a couple) a pastie, a vanilla slice and a couple of milk shakes. Of course had yo share with Maxy.

742F307C-3AA9-4731-9E61-A2936CD801F7.jpeg

54A2867E-14DA-4BD0-9FAE-E638AA2DF095.jpeg

21E20F24-94A3-4DA9-B62E-9AAB3899A6A3.jpeg

That's a gorgeous photo of Maxy guarding your wheelchair but who's the cute cat in the background with the very fluffy tail?

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's a gorgeous photo of Maxy guarding your wheelchair but who's the cute cat in the background with the very fluffy tail?

That’s Oli cat, Miss Gut got her from a rescue, meant to be a small shorthair, a few months later met her now hubby (is should say re-met) he is allergic to cats, so she lives with us now. Her and Maxy get in great, run around the house, wrestle, she gets her claws caught in his beard so he walks off dragging her around the house, he grabs her tail and uses her as a duster, then they curl up together for a nap.

The vet says if she isn’t;t pure Turkish Angora, she is close to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s Oli cat, Miss Gut got her from a rescue, meant to be a small shorthair, a few months later met her now hubby (is should say re-met) he is allergic to cats, so she lives with us now. Her and Maxy get in great, run around the house, wrestle, she gets her claws caught in his beard so he walks off dragging her around the house, he grabs her tail and uses her as a duster, then they curl up together for a nap.

The vet says if she isn’t;t pure Turkish Angora, she is close to it.

Great that they get on so well. And obviously a good playmate for Maxy when he's not looking after you.

It's surprising how many gorgeous cats end up as rescue cats, usually dumped by breeders when they haven't turned out how they hoped. My cat was one of those. Him and his two brothers were dumped. The rescue people thought they were probably either Bengals or Egyptian Mao that bred to the tabby side not the spotted side. He has the primordial pouch that is common to those breeds which means he can run really, really fast! Especially when he knows he's done something he shouldn't. Little sod!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Great that they get on so well. And obviously a good playmate for Maxy when he's not looking after you.

When Miss G got her we were worried as she was looking after Max if we went on a cruise etc, but Oli and Bones the Dally had already bonded and that was good enough for Max, (Max and Bones had been best mates from day 1, again we were planning all the steps to introduce them, got Max home and Bones ran over with his favourite ball and dropped it at Max;s feet) then when we lost Bones they seemed to turn to each other for comfort,

• Like 1

Pastry but not pies! After seeing a news snippet recently about Coles frozen croissants that are made in France I managed to get a pack the other day. We had them yesterday and they were the best croissants I've ever tasted outside of Paris. They are frozen raw so fully baked at home, not just reheated. https://shop.coles.com.au/a/lane-cove-park/product/butter-croissants-6pk

Apparently you can get pains au chocolate as well but our Coles had run out of those.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2