Studio Cabins available to participate in bidding process?

Shayhooper

Are studio cabins included in the bidding process? If so, would they be able to bid on a balcony as the highest category or an OV be the highest?

I'm currently booked on a studio on Epic in January but would love get myself into a balcony at a reasonable rate. Bidding seems the cheapest way but if that isn't a possibility I want to start pricing upgrade options.

Are studio cabins included in the bidding process? If so, would they be able to bid on a balcony as the highest category or an OV be the highest?

I'm currently booked on a studio on Epic in January but would love get myself into a balcony at a reasonable rate. Bidding seems the cheapest way but if that isn't a possibility I want to start pricing upgrade options.

Promotional materials available online say studio (T1) cabins are not eligible for the program. I'm not sure if that's your category or if there are other categories of studios.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sadly, T1 is the only category of studio cabins. Bummer. I'll have to start looking at prices and decide if it is worth the extra cost.

Thanks for checking for me!

Please keep in mind just because you get to bid does not mean you will get the higher cabin. Lots - (hundreds?) bid and get nothing.

Oh, I know. It felt like happy medium between paying full fare for 2 people on a balcony for just me and perhaps, if I was lucky, paying a few hundred extra dollars.

I'll have to examine my budget, watch the fares, and make a decision if paying extra is worth it. Regardless, I'll be happy with studio. Insides make for the most epic napping.

It's not like you're cruising in Hawaii or Alaska, where relaxing on your balcony would provide you with spectacular views. It's January in the Caribbean. Take whatever monies you would have spent on the upgrade and use it towards specialty dining or shore excursions. Unless you can possibly snag a reasonably priced upgrade about a month or so before your cruise. I assume you picked UBP as your included perk.

Promotional materials available online say studio (T1) cabins are not eligible for the program. I'm not sure if that's your category or if there are other categories of studios.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

T8 (connecting Studio) on Bliss is a new cat. Studio. But noone at NCL thought about adding that to the excluded list, yet, heh. Not sure if that benefits one as bidding for Bliss is a bit far out at the moment. ;)

T8 (connecting Studio) on Bliss is a new cat. Studio. But noone at NCL thought about adding that to the excluded list, yet, heh. Not sure if that benefits one as bidding for Bliss is a bit far out at the moment. ;)

Another money grab attempt by the CEO! How desperate are they- I am glad I had booked my Escape trips already .Pretty soon they are going to charge more $$ for being next to the Studio lounge- and then even number rooms will be given a surcharge!

Charging different prices for studios depending on whether or not they are connecting.
Hate to blow your theory to shreds, but before you go making assumptions that it's a money grab, why not go on NCL.com and compare the pricing for a T1 versus a T8. I just did that for two different 2018 Caribbean sailings and in both instances, the T8 connecting cabin was 50.00 cheaper than the normal T1.

Hi,

I was told by my TA in the UK that studios are eligible for the bidding process - she did also mention that it might not be worth it as you would probably still pay alot more as its double occupancy, but said we will be offered it. I am going in December on the Escape so will wait & see if i get the email! I would like to go for a balcony at the right price too :)

Hi,

I was told by my TA in the UK that studios are eligible for the bidding process - she did also mention that it might not be worth it as you would probably still pay alot more as its double occupancy, but said we will be offered it. I am going in December on the Escape so will wait & see if i get the email! I would like to go for a balcony at the right price too :)

That would be inconsistent with the attached material NCL sent to all its partners earlier this year. See the middle "Who?" section.

http://partners.ncl.com/destroot/norwegian/files/download/pieces/50611/Downloads/33774_Upgrade_Advantage_Flyer.pdf

That would be inconsistent with the attached material NCL sent to all its partners earlier this year. See the middle "Who?" section.

http://partners.ncl.com/destroot/norwegian/files/download/pieces/50611/Downloads/33774_Upgrade_Advantage_Flyer.pdf

Just passing on the information i was given - whether its true or not i don't know! The bidding upgrade programme only started last week in the UK so maybe there are different rules. We shall see i guess!

Charging different prices for studios depending on whether or not they are connecting.

that is not a money grab any more than charging more for an aft balcony vs mid ship balcony.

Simple marketing and pricing. If you do not like what they offer....

Some people just think the world is out to get them. So sorry for them.