Hurricane irma....ugh

I certainly wouldn't bet on it given that the storm is just beginning and is expected to last until Sunday evening. Then following the storm safety inspections need to be completed to ensure the worthiness of the the airport, planes may need to be re-positioned (I believe they tried to get as many as possible out of MIA and FLL when the fear was that the worst of the storm would hit the south east coast), and finally (actually I'm sure I left out other activities that need to take place) staff need to be able to reach the airport.

Thank you !!!!

I don't know the answer to your question but I will say I just learned something while cashing in my credit this week. If you book a cabin in a category lower than the one you had booked on the sailing that you received the credit from you forfeit part of your credit. I originally had a category of an oceanview room booked which they did not have available on the new sailing I was booking. Was told they only had interior rooms. The new sailing was much cheaper than my original one. My FCC was for $1607 (they refund you the taxes and fees, prepaid gratuities, etc... Your credit is for the cruise fare alone) and the total for my new sailing was only $1577 including taxes, fees, and gratuities. So pretty it pretty much evens out except because of the lower cabin class I was going to have to pay another $556. Forfeiting roughly a third of my credit is ridiculous. Just keep that in mind when looking to re-book.

Thank you for this information. This is very good to know.

Here are some links to live cams by city. I know there's a lot of people on ships watching this thread, so hopefully it will be of some use to them.

Florida

Large List

[link to "]www.funbeaches.com]

ST. Lucie

[link to www.earthcam.com (secure)]

Hollywood Beach

[link to www.skylinewebcams.com (secure)]

Daytona

ST Petersburg airport

Sarasota

Sunset Beach

Naples

Sanibel Island

FT Lauderdale

FT Myers

Clearwater

Indian Shores

Miami

North Carolina

Outer banks

[link to "]www.funbeaches.com]

Wilmington

[link to thenews-journal.com]

[link to "]www.oceanisleinn.com]

Georgia

[link to "]www.beachlive.com]

South Carolina

Myrtle Beach

[link to "]www.funbeaches.com] List

[link to "]www.visitmyrtlebeach.com]

[link to "]www.beachcove.com]

[link to www.seacrestmyrtlebeachresort.com

That's interesting, thank you! We went to St. Maarten after a hurricane had hit there in 2015, and at Maho beach, the water was gone, just sand. I took a picture and posted it in my review and people were so mean to me saying things like they didn't believe me and it wasn't Maho beach. You could see in my picture the airport and the bar that's there, they just wouldn't believe me. Here are a couple of the pics from 2015

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

Edited by Terre

That's interesting, thank you! We went to St. Maarten after a hurricane had hit there in 2015, and at Maho beach, the water was gone, just sand. I took a picture and posted it on my review and people were so mean to me saying things like they didn't believe me and it wasn't Maho beach. You could see in my picture the airport and the bar that's there, they just wouldn't believe me. Here are a couple of the pics from 2015

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

I can vouch for Terre. I too was on that beach two years ago almost to the day. I was on the Carnival Breeze. There was no sand/beach just the rocks. One of the cab drivers a local said the size/length of the beach varies depending on the weather and currents. I was expecting a return visit to the Vista which should have set sail 7 hours ago with me and my close friend as vacationing passengers.

ALARMING!! Hurricane Irma map shows Key West Florida to be HALF UNDERWATER as Path hits USA
I'm confused. Why would this be a surprise? They've been saying 12-18 foot surge, and the highest elevation in Key West is 18 feet. Wouldn't it be expected for half (or more) of the island to be flooded?

We are being told in the Tampa/St. Pete area to get a good night's rest because tomorrow we won't be able.
I'm hoping for the best for all of you there in Florida.

new update:

Weather Update – 09/10/17 – 11:00 AM (EDT)

Guests on any of the following sailings who are unable to travel will receive future cruise credits:

- Carnival Paradise – September 7

- Carnival Sensation – September 7

- Carnival Fascination – September 10

Due to heavy call volume, you do not have to call Carnival to receive your future cruise credit as this will be automatically processed within 30 days.

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma and given the projected path of the storm, the following cruises have been cancelled:

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Ecstasy – September 9

Carnival Liberty – September 10

Carnival Paradise – September 11

A full refund will be automatically processed, including Fly2Fun reservations, pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We remain in constant contact with port officials regarding port closures. In preparation for the storm, Port Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and the Port of Tampa are now closed. Our intentions are to operate the following cruises from South and Central Florida once the port reopens. Guests who decide to cancel because their cruise duration has changed, will automatically receive a future cruise credit in the amount paid. This will be automatically processed and you do not need to call us if you decide to not travel.

PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED TO THE PIER UNTIL WE HAVE CONFIRMED OUR ARRIVAL AND CHECK IN TIMES ON OUR WEB SITE.

Carnival Conquest – September 9

Now scheduled to depart Port Everglades on September 12 for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Carnival Glory – September 9

Now scheduled to depart Miami on September 12 for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Carnival Magic – September 9

Now scheduled to depart Port Canaveral on September 13 for a 3 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau.

Carnival Vista – September 9

Now scheduled to depart Miami on September 12 for a 5 day two port Western Caribbean cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Victory – September 11

Now scheduled to depart Miami on September 12 for a 3 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport.

Carnival Sensation – September 11

Now scheduled to depart Miami on September 13 for a 3 day cruise to Nassau.

THE FOLLOWING SAILINGS WILL DEPART AS SCHEDULED. GUESTS ARE ASKED TO ARRIVE AT THE CRUISE TERMINAL ACCORDING TO THEIR PRE-SELECTED ARRIVAL APPOINTMENTS. ALL GUESTS MUST BE ON BOARD ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE SHIP’S SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME.

Carnival Dream – September 10

Will depart New Orleans on September 10 on a three port Western Caribbean cruise to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Pride – September 10

Will depart Baltimore on September 10 on a cruise to Canada and visit Halifax and St. John. Given the significant itinerary deviation, guests may elect to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. Guests wishing to sail will receive a 25% future cruise credit based on the fare paid for this cruise.

Carnival Fascination – September 10

Will depart San Juan on September 10 on a cruise to Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua and St. Kitts.

Guests who sail on shortened cruises will receive a pro-rated refund of their cruise fare. Additionally, anyone who pre-purchased our beverage packages will also receive a pro-rated adjustment. These refunds will be to the original form of payment. Pre-purchased Carnival Adventures for cancelled ports, as well as any taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Gratuities will also be adjusted to reflect the shortened duration.

We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma’s forecasted track and provide further updates as needed. Please sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Conquest – CCL2

Carnival Glory – CCL3

Carnival Magic – CCL4

Carnival Vista – CCL6

Carnival Victory 9/11 – CCL8

Carnival Sensation 9/11 – CCL10

Carnival Dream – CCL13

Carnival Pride – CCL14

Carnival Fascination – CCL15

Carnival Paradise 9/11 – CCL16

We sincerely apologize for the disruption Hurricane Irma has caused and we look forward to welcoming our guests on board. We also want to apologize if you are experiencing long hold times at our contact center as many of our employees are preparing for Irma’s arrival.

Please join us in keeping our Caribbean and Floridian friends, Carnival employees and those communities in Hurricane Irma’s path, in our thoughts and prayers

We are being told in the Tampa/St. Pete area to get a good night's rest because tomorrow we won't be able.

That is true. If you've never experienced a hurricane, you will not be able to sleep. Hugo hit Charlotte, NC as a Cat 4 at 2:00am. Did not expect her to come here as we are 200 miles inland. I was up in a flash and was up the entire next day. We were not prepared for anything like that. Our power was out for a week. No gasoline. Grocery stores opened up to sell what they could. Lines were hours long.

Hugo took the same path as Irma and looked like Irma. I have never seen , heard, or felt winds like that. My garage door and patio doors were actually blowing in and out and rain was pouring in. Very scary. Neighbor's chimnies were in their yards. Never want to experience that again.

My prayers are with everyone who lives there. My brother, SIL and niece stayed. They live in Kissimmee...still worried for them.

Edited by Terre