Ship board account - help about reading statement

Shih-tzu

Quick question about the shipboard account statement.

Previously on HAL I cruised with a friend so our "key cards" were each linked to our own individual credit cards.

There are two of us that may be using the same credit card on our upcoming cruise...

So, does each person get their own statement based on what was against their key card? or.....

If it appears all one one statement, is there a way to tell who's key card was used?

We were thinking this might be a work-around to keep the ship board charges and the $60.00 hold for both all on one card, and keep the other for any shore expenditures.

As always, thanks in advance as I know someone out there will have the answer :)

I don't know for sure, but it seems logical that each key card would apply to each individual. That said, I would think that there would be double the hold. And each account would have its own charges, gratuities, etc.

Both keycard accounts would be charged to the same credit card at the end, which would leave your second card free for excursions.

Maybe couples who have done that would know for sure.

Thanks for your quick reply......- we realize that it will be double the hold (in our case $1200) ... just not sure how it works when 2 people are using the same credit card....but in the end paying their share separately.....(i.e. one will owe the other their expenses). I just can't imagine trying to keep track of all those little slips they give you....so was hoping their was an "easy" way ;p

Usually the charges are mixed together, with no notation of which card was used, but our last time on the Veendam we got two separate lists. I don't know if you can request that on other ships.

You could get a print-out of your statement each day at a kiosk near the front desk and mark which charges belong to each of you.

I just found one of our statements. Guest 1 (my DM) is listed at the top of the page. All charges appear to be listed in chronological order. For any charges that I made, my name is listed as the "source" on the statement. Since we started combining our accounts (because of OBC that was too much for one of us), we have never received separate statements or sections within the same statement.

Same experience as Alberta Quilter.

If you are worried about a bunch of slips and, assuming they are drinks, what you could each do is buy a beverage card. That way those "little" charges won't appear on the statement and you will only be left with the major purchases and HSC which will be easy to identify.

Just a suggestion to try to help.

In my experience if you use the online app/webpage to check your account during the cruise the charges will be co-mingled if both occupants use the same card. The printed statement will be co-mingled as well but the "secondary" occupant's charges will be marked with their name.

Ms Amsterdam from mid-August...

If both are link to one credit card for onboard purchases you get one statement . The statement will come in two sections . each section is for each sail-pass card.

Yes, ^ this.

My DH and I always had our charges put on the same credit card. Our stat ement always relfected which of us made the charge

I would think Underwatr's post is what happens. When you give the information regarding the travelers in your party there is a page that comes up that asks for payment methods for each party. At least that is the case if you book direct thru HAL. Consequently I would presume that each party's charges would be applied to the account used when giving that information. I don't know for a fact but you can probably ask that question to your PCC for confirmation.

Not sure how that works if you use an outside TA but would presume they have to provide the same information to HAL at some point.

Sail7seas is correct. When you check in at the port, just Tell the HAL rep that both of you on same credit card and to ensure each person listed. That how

My partner and I do it on HAL. And then we confirm it got set up correctly at Pursers office after sailing or next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quick question about the shipboard account statement.

Previously on HAL I cruised with a friend so our "key cards" were each linked to our own individual credit cards.

There are two of us that may be using the same credit card on our upcoming cruise...

So, does each person get their own statement based on what was against their key card? or.....

If it appears all one one statement, is there a way to tell who's key card was used?

We were thinking this might be a work-around to keep the ship board charges and the $60.00 hold for both all on one card, and keep the other for any shore expenditures.

As always, thanks in advance as I know someone out there will have the answer :)

Call HAL Guest Relations: 1‐800‐599‐8256 or 206‐626‐7393 Their reps can pull up your account and go over it line by line with you if need be.

Sometime after you are on board, at your convenience, doesn't have to be immediately, the front desk can help you set it up however you want. You may use one credit card for both people's charges, but they can make separate account statements, each statement linked to one of your room cards. Or the statement can be a combined statement which will show the name of the person's room card used for each charge but all charges on one statement. It's easy and clear. No worries!

There have been times I have had to ask them to combine DH and my charges into one statement because they were separated even though all charges were to one credit card, so I know it can be done, or could then.

Have a great cruise. m--

Thanks - I'll double check once onboard. I don't care if it's all on one sheet but just shows passenger A or B for the line items...

Transactions a listed sequentially by date. Transactions by the second person are flagged with their name.

Sent from my iPad using Forums