Can the Diamond Lounge on Harmony Really Handle All the Diamonds and Diamond Plus?

yogimax

It's pretty clear that Diamond Plus members were sacrificed on the altar of suite guests on Oasis class ships. Being unceremoniously evicted from a great lounge with a great view to a windowless dungeon is bad enough. Add in the large number of Diamonds sharing the lounge and you have a massive downgrade for Diamond Plus. These ships have a great amount of space and it would have been relatively simple to create a CL. Instead the CL is gone as is the VCL. Not good!

That really only applies to Oasis ships and Liberty. So far. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I don't understand why diamond & above want to go to the crowded diamond lounge when you can get your comp cocktails at most bars??? Just curious....

Hot/cold snacks, unlimited drinks, catching up with old/new friends, concierge services.

Hot/cold snacks, unlimited drinks, catching up with old/new friends, concierge services.

Word of the day - Unlimited. [emoji6]

Random thought. Didn't think I minded giving waiters my card for drinks on MJ, except the last night they forgot to give it back. Had to go back and get it.

I don't understand why diamond & above want to go to the crowded diamond lounge when you can get your comp cocktails at most bars??? Just curious....

Depending on our mood, some evenings we enjoy a drink or two at one of the bars, generally the Rising Tide. However, having drinks in the Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge or Suites Lounge is more interesting because of well-travelled people that are there. On the Oasis Class ships there is a distinct difference between the DL and the Suites Lounge…the DL is lively, louder, and sounds like a neighborhood party of friends. :):)

It's pretty clear that Diamond Plus members were sacrificed on the altar of suite guests on Oasis class ships. Being unceremoniously evicted from a great lounge with a great view to a windowless dungeon is bad enough. Add in the large number of Diamonds sharing the lounge and you have a massive downgrade for Diamond Plus. These ships have a great amount of space and it would have been relatively simple to create a CL. Instead the CL is gone as is the VCL. Not good!

Not on Allure or Oasis, unless it's changed since last Easter. I believe it's located on the 11th & 12th decks. The 12th deck has no entrance. If I remember the first time we sailed on Oasis the D lounge was in Blaze.

First, a word of commendation to RCCL for their relief efforts in the Caribbean! Yes, some cruisers are mad that they lost their cruise, but look at how many lost their homes!

o.k., so no Concierge Lounge on the largest ship in the world. Can the Diamond Lounge on Deck Four really handle all the Diamonds and Diamond Plus who are onboard, not to mention any Pinnacles who choose to go slumming?

It seems like a relatively small venue for a large number of people. Do you have to get there by 4:30 to even get a seat? I'm interested in hearing recent experiences.

Thanks!

Jazz on Four had to be opened everynight for 14 straight days on our B2B in February, March. The drinks were the same .....;)

... Random thought. Didn't think I minded giving waiters my card for drinks on MJ, except the last night they forgot to give it back. Had to go back and get it. ...

We didn't mind it either. They just took it once at the beginning of the night and give it back with the first drinks. Nothing to sign either, so minimal hassle.

We favor the CL and DL for meeting people and making new friends. We still keep in touch with many on a regular basis. Sitting at a bar doesn't do it for us. We gave up on meeting people in the MDR after a couple of bad experiences and choose a table for two with MTD. We would much rather socialize in the lounge than in the noisy and oftentimes hectic MDR.
Not sure about your logic, but we EAT in the MDR and socialize in the Lounges.:)

No. You already know that very few venues on any Oasis class has an oceanview. For an ocean view we hang out in the Suites Lounge. However, the Diamond Lounge is a very attractive room filled with delightful, interesting people.
Agree with you on both counts, the word dungeon doesn't seem appropriate at all for a description of the DL on Harmony, just my humble opinion.

We'll be on Explorer this Friday. I think we've been in the CL on Explorer maybe 2 times over 4 cruises. Once to get coffee; once to have a seat on disembarkation. Much prefer DL, even when overflow into Dizzy's Just look out the windows - that's reason enough.

The D lounge on Oasis & Allure have a wonderful view.

I agree. The two floors on Oasis is very nice. My fear is that at their next drydock (2019 & 2020), it will be moved to a more dungeon-like location. Some of the signage near the aft elevators on Oasis still says "Wonderland". I am regrettably betting that a revenue generating option will occupy those two floors after the drydock(s).

mac_tlc

We'll be on Explorer this Friday. I think we've been in the CL on Explorer maybe 2 times over 4 cruises. Once to get coffee; once to have a seat on disembarkation. Much prefer DL, even when overflow into Dizzy's Just look out the windows - that's reason enough.

Agree, but I was answering a question about using drink vouchers vs using the lounge.

I agree. The two floors on Oasis is very nice. My fear is that at their next drydock (2019 & 2020), it will be moved to a more dungeon-like location. Some of the signage near the aft elevators on Oasis still says "Wonderland". I am regrettably betting that a revenue generating option will occupy those two floors after the drydock(s).

mac_tlc

My belief is that there is a plan--as there should be--and one of the first steps of the plan was the roll-out of the 3-drink load on our Sea Passes. Slowly (because it has to do with refit schedules) but surely, the DL will be history.

Unlimited drinks in the DL--therein lies the rub. Planners know that once you've had the 3 freebies, the fourth and subsequent drinks say $$.

mac_tlc

You are correct. Harmony and the DL on Deck Four says it all! It's now all about suites and revenue generating venues.

Can you say Pinnacle Lounge. [emoji6]

I doubt it. Relatively speaking there aren't enough Pinnacles to merit their own lounge. RCCL would rather use the space for venues that would generate a source of income. Besides, the Pinnacles already have access to suite benefits. No need for their own lounge.

I doubt it. Relatively speaking there aren't enough Pinnacles to merit their own lounge. RCCL would rather use the space for venues that would generate a source of income. Besides, the Pinnacles already have access to suite benefits. No need for their own lounge.
I'm thinking John meant Suite & Pinnacle lounge.

I'm thinking John meant Suite & Pinnacle lounge.

The Oasis ships are Pinnacle magnets. 56 this week. Blaze is pretty much bingo only. Comedy club totally sold out.

Move comedy club to Blaze only do two shows a night and use old comedy club as Pinnacle lounge. Turn existing DL into Wonderland. Use Blaze as D+ lounge. Shrink SL and expand CK.

I'm not saying they should do this, but they could do this. [emoji6]

the oasis ships are pinnacle magnets. 56 this week. Blaze is pretty much bingo only. Comedy club totally sold out.

Move comedy club to blaze only do two shows a night and use old comedy club as pinnacle lounge. Turn existing dl into wonderland. Use blaze as d+ lounge. Shrink sl and expand ck.

sent from my htc one_m8 using forums mobile app

lol...ok;)

The Oasis ships are Pinnacle magnets. 56 this week. Blaze is pretty much bingo only. Comedy club totally sold out.

Move comedy club to Blaze only do two shows a night and use old comedy club as Pinnacle lounge. Turn existing DL into Wonderland. Use Blaze as D+ lounge. Shrink SL and expand CK.

...he opines , as he approaches Pinnacle ......:o