Can the Diamond Lounge on Harmony Really Handle All the Diamonds and Diamond Plus?

yogimax

My belief is that there is a plan--as there should be--and one of the first steps of the plan was the roll-out of the 3-drink load on our Sea Passes. Slowly (because it has to do with refit schedules) but surely, the DL will be history.

Unlimited drinks in the DL--therein lies the rub. Planners know that once you've had the 3 freebies, the fourth and subsequent drinks say $$.

Quite a cunning plan to get people to use other bars with the 3 free diamond member drinks then RC will say oh no need for DL lets close it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Not on Allure or Oasis, unless it's changed since last Easter. I believe it's located on the 11th & 12th decks. The 12th deck has no entrance. If I remember the first time we sailed on Oasis the D lounge was in Blaze.

That space was used for Wonderland restaurant (money generating) on Harmony.

I got the feeling when we were on Harmony that the horrible dark location with no windows was probably the reason that it was never overcrowded.

Good point,we stayed for about 45 minutes each night because they had some great snacks and we don't normally eat in MTD till 8.30 pm.

We then sat on seats in Central Park and used our drinks there.

Both times on Harmony, we took advantage of the beverage/voom package, so we only went in the Diamond Lounge once each trip. We have found that people go early in the week and daily, claim their 'spots' to sit, and if you enter say mid-week, there's all these clicks of people, so we just get a drink, perhaps a snack and leave. So perhaps, we are leaving space, making not so crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both times on Harmony, we took advantage of the beverage/voom package, so we only went in the Diamond Lounge once each trip. We have found that people go early in the week and daily, claim their 'spots' to sit, and if you enter say mid-week, there's all these clicks of people, so we just get a drink, perhaps a snack and leave. So perhaps, we are leaving space, making not so crowded.

I agree with you on people claiming their spots and cliques. We found this to be the atmosphere in the Diamond Lounge on the Oasis in August. However, I believe that if two people were sitting at a space for four people they would have allowed us to sit with them if we had asked. When we go into the DL we seldom stay for long and leave to vacate our seats when the lounge begins to become crowded.

Someone else said Wonderland could be going in the DL as originally planned. I was just offering up a way to keep a DL.

How would you do it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just kidding...

I think it is inevitable that the D’s will have no lounge, just the drinks loaded on the sea pass card.

I think the D+’s get the lounge. The P’s stay with suite guests in the lounge that has free drinks 12 hrs a day. To put the P’s with the D+’s would be a downgrade.

The math tells you that the current setup is not sustainable. I do not think they create a third lounge—- to much non-revenue space. I do think a $$$ restaurant goes where the DL is on Oasis/Allure. The Symphony deck plans already have the D lounge on deck 4, aka dungeon.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to sound harsh to my Diamond friends, who are many, but it only takes 80 points to become Diamond. That's becoming easier and easier to reach. It is certainly attainable in a few years. Unless RCCL ups the requirement, thousands will qualify each year. On Oasis class ships, the DL will become saturated, including both Diamond and Diamond Plus.

Remember that Diamond includes those with points between 80 and 175 while Diamond Plus includes those between 175 and 700. It's clear to me that D+ deserve their own lounge. How do you justify someone with 650 points not having a seat when it is occupied by someone with 85 points?

RCCL needs to figure this out!

Just kidding...

I think it is inevitable that the D’s will have no lounge, just the drinks loaded on the sea pass card.

I think the D+’s get the lounge. The P’s stay with suite guests in the lounge that has free drinks 12 hrs a day. To put the P’s with the D+’s would be a downgrade.

The math tells you that the current setup is not sustainable. I do not think they create a third lounge—- to much non-revenue space. I do think a $$$ restaurant goes where the DL is on Oasis/Allure. The Symphony deck plans already have the D lounge on deck 4, aka dungeon.

mac_tlc

No offense taken.

It's definitely a challenge to design these lounges in a worst case scenario mode.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to sound harsh to my Diamond friends, who are many, but it only takes 80 points to become Diamond. That's becoming easier and easier to reach. It is certainly attainable in a few years. Unless RCCL ups the requirement, thousands will qualify each year. On Oasis class ships, the DL will become saturated, including both Diamond and Diamond Plus.

Remember that Diamond includes those with points between 80 and 175 while Diamond Plus includes those between 175 and 700. It's clear to me that D+ deserve their own lounge. How do you justify someone with 650 points not having a seat when it is occupied by someone with 85 points?

RCCL needs to figure this out!

Although i am all for equality your points certainly make sense to me and Diamond at 80 points is a low level for high rewards.

The several loyalty levels favours the low end and I'm convinced if RC loaded 4 drinks each rather than 3 which is an odd number for a couple lots of Diamonds would not go to the DL and RC could reward true loyalty at 175+ points.

It is interesting that you got that feeling.

The 4 cruises we've been on the Harmony we thought that the Diamond Lounge was one of the attractive venues on the ship.

They must have moved it.

We were on the TA last fall. The diamond lounge was a relatively small windowless room on deck 4.

There are many attractive venues on this ship. The diamond lounge is not one of them. . . . unless they have moved it to another venue.

Just kidding...

mac_tlc

You forget that P and D+ passengers all have an expiration date. So, I think it is an interesting social science experiment. Might last longer than people think. Of course it all depends on the economy... if the economy picks up then you are probably right, if the world keeps on the current path... then who knows.

JC

Although i am all for equality your points certainly make sense to me and Diamond at 80 points is a low level for high rewards.

The several loyalty levels favours the low end and I'm convinced if RC loaded 4 drinks each rather than 3 which is an odd number for a couple lots of Diamonds would not go to the DL and RC could reward true loyalty at 175+ points.

What do odd and even numbers have to do with being a couple? It's THREE DRINKS PER PERSON.

What do odd and even numbers have to do with being a couple? It's THREE DRINKS PER PERSON.

Well if you do the maths as a couple you can get a round of 2 drinks once on each card then for the third round you have to hand over both cards.

Would you not want another drink on each card?

I think a lot of people would give the DL a miss in this scenario.

UK D+ member.

This D would be happy with the three drinks on my seapass card redeemable at any bar. The D+ and Ps can mingle in the lounge.

I think a lot of people think like that and 4 drinks on each card would seal the deal especially if they are going to let screaming kids into the DL.

UK D+ member.