drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Goes back to the depends who you talk to apparently. Some have reported they had to get a replenish package if they got an exception, others have heard no exceptions, and you were allowed with just a pop package.

Yes know what you mean. As I ordered the alcohol package for my wife over the phone with no problem and a few days later I ordered the coke package online.

There will be 3 of us on our Harmony cruise in May. My husband and son always get the refreshment pkg for the sodas, smoothies, and coffee drinks. I don't drink that stuff, so I don't purchase a pkg. Our son is 15, will that be okay since the other adult in the room is not purchasing a pkg.? Or do we need to call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There will be 3 of us on our Harmony cruise in May. My husband and son always get the refreshment pkg for the sodas, smoothies, and coffee drinks. I don't drink that stuff, so I don't purchase a pkg. Our son is 15, will that be okay since the other adult in the room is not purchasing a pkg.? Or do we need to call?

So far, I've not seen them requiring all guests in a stateroom to purchase a Refreshment package. You should be able to confirm this by attempting to purchase using your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

This is not gonna last, people will bitch and complain and will drive the customer service people crazy, they will find the loop hole of the approved exceptions and get them removed. In the long run they will take it out, they just need to make the cruising all inclusive and just make soda, juice and cheap liquor free and just charge the top shelf stuff. They can include it in the price as other cruise ships do and end up making more money in the long run vs doing these dumb moves and just pissing people off. Im going on the Allure Nov 5 and it was just implemented. I bought my Zoom / Deluxe package 2 months ago so im ok, but are we not able to share our phone/ internet also. This is not about sharing, this is about making more money as the prices have also increase. I got my zoom/deluxe package for $56/Day it now $62/ Day. They are starting to nickle and dime us to death, this is why other lines like NCL and doing well with all inclusive deals. I see all cruising going this way in the future kind of like Punta Cana where all resorts are all inclusive. Well, let see what happens.

This is not gonna last, people will bitch and complain and will drive the customer service people crazy, they will find the loop hole of the approved exceptions and get them removed. In the long run they will take it out, they just need to make the cruising all inclusive and just make soda, juice and cheap liquor free and just charge the top shelf stuff. They can include it in the price as other cruise ships do and end up making more money in the long run vs doing these dumb moves and just pissing people off. Im going on the Allure Nov 5 and it was just implemented. I bought my Zoom / Deluxe package 2 months ago so im ok, but are we not able to share our phone/ internet also. This is not about sharing, this is about making more money as the prices have also increase. I got my zoom/deluxe package for $56/Day it now $62/ Day. They are starting to nickle and dime us to death, this is why other lines like NCL and doing well with all inclusive deals. I see all cruising going this way in the future kind of like Punta Cana where all resorts are all inclusive. Well, let see what happens.

I disagree with pretty much all of your conclusions.

You CAN share an internet package. If it's a one device package, only one device at a time can be connected to the internet, but any device whatsoever can use your access code to sign on.

If you like NCL better, I hope that you enjoy all of your NCL cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why should those who do not drink have to pay for "free" drinks?

Instead of nickle and diming, I see it as allowing me to choose where to spend my dollars.

If I don't want room service, I don't pay for it. If I don't want specialty dining, I don't pay for it. If I don't want sodas and unlimited drinks, I don't pay for it.

Why should those who do not drink have to pay for "free" drinks?

Instead of nickle and diming, I see it as allowing me to choose where to spend my dollars.

If I don't want room service, I don't pay for it. If I don't want specialty dining, I don't pay for it. If I don't want sodas and unlimited drinks, I don't pay for it.

Due to those sharing a room often share a drink package in violation of the purchase conditions.

I disagree with pretty much all of your conclusions.

You CAN share an internet package. If it's a one device package, only one device at a time can be connected to the internet, but any device whatsoever can use your access code to sign on.

If you like NCL better, I hope that you enjoy all of your NCL cruises.

I think there are some valid points to his post. DW and I have been "Loyal to Royal" by taking 3 cruises a year. We have noticed a drop in quality, coupled with the petty charge increases, that has made us begin taking a serious look at other cruise lines.

RCCL is lowering quality and raising prices, and it DOES make NCL look more attractive. Businesses can't afford to take the attitude that you display of "I hope you enjoy all your NCL cruises."

I think there are some valid points to his post. DW and I have been "Loyal to Royal" by taking 3 cruises a year. We have noticed a drop in quality, coupled with the petty charge increases, that has made us begin taking a serious look at other cruise lines.

RCCL is lowering quality and raising prices, and it DOES make NCL look more attractive. Businesses can't afford to take the attitude that you display of "I hope you enjoy all your NCL cruises."

I think we would all love everything to be cheaper, and if you think ncl gives better value, then go for it. I would rather have some things not included because otherwise they would need to increase the cost of the cruise to cover the lost revenue, which them forces everybody to pay the cost for something they may not want.

I have no interest in specialty dining or room service. I probably won't buy an alcoholic package.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app