Hello from Venice on our way to Rome tomorrow to join the Silhouette Oct.11 !

A Sixth?

Great pre cruise de-jet lag, next the bullet train and then a 39 day stay aboard the ship.

Testing the therory that retirement on a cruise ship (experimented in 2016 pre retired) isn’t a dumb idea. At least for several months a year anyway.

Not in AQ as we usually strive for but have always had a great time with Celebrity and are looking forward to this first “retirement cruise, and the second half January through March in the Celebrity Caribbean

Ps I am still in my fifties but grey.... as I was at 16:cool:

Donald

symhys.jpg

10fw3nt.jpg

2d1n0g9.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

Enjoy, 39 nights, how fabulous. I bet you two could teach us all a few packing tips

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carry on is the way to go but we did check a bag (just over carry on airline limits) for this one. Joni’s carry bags’ handle broke just before the trip and yes.... it too is as full as the carry on would have been. But still a bag each easily wheeled about on train, vapporetto, ferry or taxi

Our apartments private court yard right next to Mauricio

5d5naf.jpg

Discount cruise line

25utrlu.jpg

A Venice fling

11jozmf.jpg

Great pre cruise de-jet lag, next the bullet train and then a 39 day stay aboard the ship.

Testing the therory that retirement on a cruise ship (experimented in 2016 pre retired) isn’t a dumb idea. At least for several months a year anyway.

Not in AQ as we usually strive for but have always had a great time with Celebrity and are looking forward to this first “retirement cruise, and the second half January through March in the Celebrity Caribbean

Ps I am still in my fifties but grey.... as I was at 16:cool:

Donald

symhys.jpg

10fw3nt.jpg

2d1n0g9.jpg

Happy retirement. Nice age to retire.

Which ship are you on in January and February? Perhaps you can "lecture" on early retirement.:cool:

Happy cruising.

Did you mean Oct.11? We're on the ship on Nov. 4 for our first TA so really looking forward to your thread.

Duh, my brain and the iPad keyboard...... Yes, Oct 11 and we’re on the November 4th trans Atlantic too. I’ll ask the administrator if the headline can be corrected

We’re in Rome after a great high speed train trip from Venice

16hj0i8.jpg

2s0d65x.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

Happy retirement. Nice age to retire.

Which ship are you on in January and February? Perhaps you can "lecture" on early retirement.:cool:

Happy cruising.

Make sure your hobby pays a bit

I dabbled in cattle rustling :D

ka0k9i.jpg

ftj79t.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

Duh, my brain and the iPad keyboard...... Yes, Oct 11 and we’re on the November 4th trans Atlantic too. I’ll ask the administrator if the headline can be corrected

Title corrected.

Sea day and Palma weather, ship and everything 110%, in fact, it was hot today.

FWIW, the ship bus to downtown was 8euro pp (cash not part of Celebrity but mentioned in the daily news letter) but a taxi was10 for the whole car.

We walked and it’s about 45 to 60 minutes to the cathedral depending on how many yachts you check out on the harbour stroll

Food in the main dining room is very good and IMHO excellent. Roast beef, beef ribs, and duck all as good as I can remember having on a ship

I will try to post pictures soon