I thought the Guys Burger Joint affection was overblown I was wrong

jjennings1990

Haven't had an opportunity for a Guy's burger yet. Sailing on the Elation next month and will try one then.

What makes it so special? Good meat? Cooked properly? Toppings?

Yes. My favorite is the "Straight Up". Nice sear on it, donkey sauce, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and they also have the best thin sliced dill pickle chips, I have had, other than my homemade ones. Our routine is get on the ship, drop luggage off in the room, head up to the Lido, get a margarita at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and line up for a Guy's Burger. You also need to try a Blue Iguana Breakfast Burrito and their Huevos Rancheros. Make sure you use the salsa bar liberally on both those.

Yes. My favorite is the "Straight Up". Nice sear on it, donkey sauce, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and they also have the best thin sliced dill pickle chips, I have had, other than my homemade ones. Our routine is get on the ship, drop luggage off in the room, head up to the Lido, get a margarita at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and line up for a Guy's Burger. You also need to try a Blue Iguana Breakfast Burrito and their Huevos Rancheros. Make sure you use the salsa bar liberally on both those.

I'm definitely looking forward to breakfast at Blue Iguana! SOOO much better than the buffet!:cool:

I'm not completely sure, I know one of the patties is made out of bacon so they must prepare patty alternatives, no clue if they survey Turkey burgers though sorry.

There is a thin disc of bacon on the "Pig Patty" burger. It also has a regular burger patty on it as well. I tried that burger one time and did not find the bacon patty added anything.

There is a thin disc of bacon on the "Pig Patty" burger. It also has a regular burger patty on it as well. I tried that burger one time and did not find the bacon patty added anything.

It's good to know I didn't miss much then , The only major endorsement this board insisted on was TRY THE DONKEY SAUCE so I figured as long as I did that I'd be fine haha .

Are you talking about the same guys burgers??

I totally agree. I love good burgers and Guys are not. A well done pressed burger is not how good burgers served. A big fat burger medium rare, dripping with juice is how a great burger should me served.

I totally agree. I love good burgers and Guys are not. A well done pressed burger is not how good burgers served. A big fat burger medium rare, dripping with juice is how a great burger should me served.

Sorry but I won't eat any US ground beef that's less than well done. Your idea of a good burger is revolting to me.

I love the sear on the guys burgers - I think the standout is the SMC - it's the combo of both the cheese slice (meh) and the cheese sauce that turns it into something awesome along with that donkey sauce (and the chipotle mayo for the fries - wow).

Haven't had an opportunity for a Guy's burger yet. Sailing on the Elation next month and will try one then.

They are actually cooked to order and made with good tasting meat. There is a great selections of sauces. The toppings are plentiful and flavorful. They even have gluten free buns available! Went on two cruises recently, one with GBJ and one without, it is a world of difference. Like comparing McDonald's to Five Guys or Jack in the Box.

We like to go to Guys when there is least some line for burgers because that means they're being served as soon as they come off the grill - no time to dry out.:)

We love the cart with all the good toppings like grilled onions and mushrooms for starters and a slew of other things to add to those.

It's nice to be able to choose which of the many toppings you want and how much without having to be the one to prepare it and clean up afterwards.:D:D

#1 suggestion - if you're going to get a drink from the bar to go with your burger do it before you get in the burger line or your food will be cold by the time to get done in the bar line:tropical-drink::tropical-drink:

Another major plus for Guys is that -- unlike any other lunch option except the Deli -- they're open until 6 pm. That makes a huge difference; many can opt to get an early dinner by visiting Guy's before they close.

Have never tried it before, but looking forward to 1 in Nov. Not too big on burgers cooked "well" though, prefer med rare-med.

They are pressed to death. Most really good restaurants do not serve ground beef, which is allowed 2% organ meat. Ground sirloin, chuck, or brisket make the best burgers. Who ever posted about not eating MR and being repulsed. I'm sure you burn your steak as well, with ketchup and A-1

They are pressed to death. Most really good restaurants do not serve ground beef, which is allowed 2% organ meat. Ground sirloin, chuck, or brisket make the best burgers. Who ever posted about not eating MR and being repulsed. I'm sure you burn your steak as well, with ketchup and A-1
Nope, steak is rare or medium rare. There are inherent issues with how ground meat is governed in the US and the standards for slaughtering and packaging fall below what I consider adequate.

Non ground meat is different and the chance of a serious e coli issue is miniscule.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Guy's uses 80/20 ground chuck, not regular "ground beef". That is one reason they taste so much better. As for the pressing, lots of restaurants do it. I don't at home, but I do a lot of cooking different at home than on the ship.

Nope, steak is rare or medium rare. There are inherent issues with how ground meat is governed in the US and the standards for slaughtering and packaging fall below what I consider adequate.

Non ground meat is different and the chance of a serious e coli issue is miniscule.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

newsflash, ground sirloin is steak