I thought the Guys Burger Joint affection was overblown I was wrong

jjennings1990

I love guys burgers too, seasoned well and cooked perfectly. The toppings bar is like no other. My only complaint is.... WHY OH WHY ISNT THERE ONE ON LAND!!!!! Uuugggghhhh and now I have to wait a year to have another one.... damnit!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My preference is the filet mignon in the steakhouse. I've eaten just 2 Guy's burgers just to sample (no burgers prior Guy's at all) and haven't been tempted to try the pizza in my 33 Carnival cruises.

I don't sail ships without a Steakhouse, couldn't care less about a darn burger.

of course Guy's has restaurants on land. He has Guy's in Vegas, but nothing like the skinny dried out burgers he sells on Carnival. It's a thick 1/2 lb burger, preferably cooked medium rare. The only place he could sell Carnival's Guy's burgers would be at a fast food next to McDonalds. Everyone talks about the toppings bar, if you need 5 toppings to make your burger edible, it says a lot

of course Guy's has restaurants on land. He has Guy's in Vegas, but nothing like the skinny dried out burgers he sells on Carnival. It's a thick 1/2 lb burger, preferably cooked medium rare. The only place he could sell Carnival's Guy's burgers would be at a fast food next to McDonalds. Everyone talks about the toppings bar, if you need 5 toppings to make your burger edible, it says a lot

Guy's opened a restaurant in New York's Times Square area, and you couldn't pay NYers to eat there. Only tourists went.

DH wasn't keen on cruising but I finally talked him into it for a 2016 sailing on the Liberty. Embarkation day in San Juan I felt like was dragging a somewhat reluctant toddler that had somehow resigned himself that he had better obey mommy and go where he was told.

Fast forward to a few hours after embarkation and we hadn't set sail yet.....we had a Guys burger. He announced how he likes cruise ships and would do another cruise someday......so yes, the burgers are good - in more ways than one. Thanks Guy's.

My preference is the filet mignon in the steakhouse. I've eaten just 2 Guy's burgers just to sample (no burgers prior Guy's at all) and haven't been tempted to try the pizza in my 33 Carnival cruises.

I don't sail ships without a Steakhouse, couldn't care less about a darn burger.

giphy.gif

I’d think if you open a restaurant in Times Square, tourists are who you’re targeting.

Very true about "targeting" tourists. I agree that many Times Square eateries do exactly that. However, you will find NY ers eating at those other restaurants, but not Guy's.

When it opened to scathing reviews in 2012, it had to shut down because the NY ers who went there panned the place and refused to go back. If NYers want a burger, they go to Sardi's, and get an Angus for $18.75.

I'm a burger fanatic, I definitely would say burgers are one of if not my most favorite type of food . I went to the bahamas at the start of this year but somehow completely missed Guys Burger joint on the Valor .

My sisters rant and raved about it but I know they don't love burgers like I do so I was skeptical, then I came to these forums and sure enough Guys Burger joint gets lots of call outs but again me being the burger aficionado I consider myself to be I didn't believe for a second it could be as good as everyone had hyped it up to be.

I've just gotten back from the Imagination today but the first think I did when I got on board the ship was to get a drink and to get a Guys burger.... with the donkey sauce, a heap of mushrooms and a shower of bacon on top of it . That first bite took me somewhere special , I enjoyed it so much I went right back into the large line to get yet another burger and I think I had at least 2 more over the next 4 days ( there's so much food everywhere on the ship that eating the same thing 4 times to me is the equivalent to offering a culinary high honor).

It was a great burger, the fries were pretty good too and I too am now a Guys Burger Joint Convert.

Ditto...love Guy's.

Very true about "targeting" tourists. I agree that many Times Square eateries do exactly that. However, you will find NY ers eating at those other restaurants, but not Guy's.

When it opened to scathing reviews in 2012, it had to shut down because the NY ers who went there panned the place and refused to go back. If NYers want a burger, they go to Sardi's, and get an Angus for $18.75.

"The Tony is taking me to Sardi's"

The Tony also goes to Ebbet's Field. Sardi's is just a run of the mill food joint, nothing special as you seem to think.

You need to brush up on your Seinfeld. I don't know, think, or care anything about Sardi's...or anything else in New York for that matter.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cf692e9e-b723-4ee3-a90c-7c94b16aaae6

giphy.gif

Hahahahaha!!! I stole the image...perfect!

BTW, my husband recently retired from a Foodservice company that imported food from all over the world.

They were based in Manhattan, and he frequently travelled there, at least once a year. I accompanied him there as often as I could.

We have been to a lot of the expensive, trendy places there, and in a lot of the major cities in the US and the caribbean. We went to Guys in Time Square last time we were there.

We thought it was pretty great, from atmosphere to the food and the service. It's a burger joint, bordering on sports bar. It was delicious and fun.

There are lots of great, awesome, restaurants out there that aren't trying to be in the Michelin guide.

I love guys burgers too, seasoned well and cooked perfectly. The toppings bar is like no other. My only complaint is.... WHY OH WHY ISNT THERE ONE ON LAND!!!!! Uuugggghhhh and now I have to wait a year to have another one.... damnit!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The corrective action for that problem is to cruise more often. ;)

Great! :D One less person to stand behind in line. ;)

I've seen the Guys in Las Vegas. For what it costs to buy a burger there I could pay for a cruise and eat all I want.