Disney World on Port Canaveral Day

the_redhead

I'm a Disney vet, and being as close as Port Canaveral without stopping at Disney World seems a shame. I know that the time I have in the park (Magic Kingdom in my case) will be very limited. I'm planning to go anyway. Can anyone give me a better sense of just how much time I will have? Additionally, at what point in the day do ships sailing out of NYC generally get to Port Canaveral?

I've been to WDW 25+ times and am perfectly content to people-watch on Main Street USA, have a snack and buy a new Alex and Ani bracelet. Bonus points if I'll have time to ride Splash Mountain. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic!

at what point in the day do ships sailing out of NYC generally get to Port Canaveral?

the ship usually arrives around 1, you should be able to get off the ship at around 1:10ish. if you purchase ship excursion/transfer to the park, that is around 1:30.

the ship usually arrives around 1, you should be able to get off the ship at around 1:10ish. if you purchase ship excursion/transfer to the park, that is around 1:30.

Perfect. I'll definitely be purchasing the NCL transfer, if only to make life a little easier :)

Sorry to correct you but it's an hour bus ride from Port Canaveral to Disney world. Description says excursion is 7 hours total. Very costly to only get 5 hours of time in park. Excursion is $59 and that only covers transport to and from Disney park. It doesn't include admission which is over $100 per person for a 1 day pass. If you decide to do it anyway I'd buy my ticket online ahead of time-the lines at the parks ticket booths are usually crazy long. Hope this helps.

Sorry to correct you but it's an hour bus ride from Port Canaveral to Disney world. Description says excursion is 7 hours total. Very costly to only get 5 hours of time in park. Excursion is $59 and that only covers transport to and from Disney park. It doesn't include admission which is over $100 per person for a 1 day pass. If you decide to do it anyway I'd buy my ticket online ahead of time-the lines at the parks ticket booths are usually crazy long. Hope this helps.

yes i know it is a long bus ride from the port to the park. that bus leaves at around 1:30 as per the excursion page.

Sorry to correct you but it's an hour bus ride from Port Canaveral to Disney world. Description says excursion is 7 hours total. Very costly to only get 5 hours of time in park.

It would be, and I don't think it's worth it for most people. I certainly wouldn't suggest it for a first-timer. But since this is likely my only chance to visit WDW again before 2021, I'll probably do it anyway. I have a Disney problem ;)

It would be, and I don't think it's worth it for most people. I certainly wouldn't suggest it for a first-timer. But since this is likely my only chance to visit WDW again before 2021, I'll probably do it anyway. I have a Disney problem ;)
I think you are the model for the Disney trip..... a vet who knows the lay of the land, has expectations set appropriately, not concerned with hitting all the mountains etc, and just going for the "Disney fix"..... any one else it would be crazy to go. We understand the "problem"...... wife and I are going to WDW for 2 weeks in April. Have a super time!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

just going for the "Disney fix"..... any one else it would be crazy to go.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. If I don't get anything done beyond a spin on the People Mover and a Dole Whip float, I'll still feel like it was a day well-spent. Of course, I once flew down for one night to book a bounceback offer, so I definitely have a couple of screws loose ;p

I've done it before but made the mistake of going with 2 others that had only been to Disney once so we spent our time in the gift shops and Columbia harbor house I said I would never do it again but I would if it was just me and dh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

We are New Yorkers who have retired to Central Florida a year ago. We also have 25 plus Disney trips under our belt.

To get our Disney 'Fix' we go to the new Disney Springs. Entrance is free and you can get that Disney Vibe.

The high point is Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, a virtual reality attraction. Reservations are suggested, you can do it on line.

Enjoy your cruise and Disney.

PS, enjoy the snow in NY.

LOL!:D I am also a Disney fan.

You will be fine. You have it all planned out. I usually buy my pass ahead by calling them. Sometimes they have managed to throw in a couple of extras for free. And you are purchasing NCL's transfer, so no figuring out the transport options. Have fun on your Disney pilgrimage!

We live in Orlando. I am sure you know this already but if you do go....buy your ticket ahead and reserve your fast passes. That way you can at least get a couple of rides in in a limited time There's 1 in every park that is impossible....but that will at least give you a couple of rides. Depending on time of year of course, you can get many more. We <3 Disney

I am a Disney fan as well, I have done three parks in three days, but has anyone been able to do three parks in one day?

Noooo!

I have to have 3 days in one park to get my proper fix!:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I am a Disney fan as well, I have done three parks in three days, but has anyone been able to do three parks in one day?
Depends what you call "doing". I've done all four in a day, but you're not hitting everything at every park. It wasn't too bad if you can book others after your first three. I was at the parks earlier this month and we couldn't book more than three - not sure if that's new or a glitch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Depends what you call "doing". I've done all four in a day, but you're not hitting everything at every park. It wasn't too bad if you can book others after your first three. I was at the parks earlier this month and we couldn't book more than three - not sure if that's new or a glitch.

You can book 3 FP+ and once those have been used or expired, then you can book a 4th and when that is used or expired you can book a 5th.

You can book 3 FP+ and once those have been used or expired, then you can book a 4th and when that is used or expired you can book a 5th.

I thought it was after you used the first FP you could then book another. With an afternoon restriction, I would say the "good" rides are usually booked way WAY in advance. And don't forget, those who are spending the whole day in the park normally books their "quota" for early morning, then as those are used, book for the afternoon/evening, which I believe that the OP is only there for a few hours in the afternoon. Actually it took me 2 years to book Frozen, only to be booked in the property hotels to get that.

I know that's what they say, but two weeks ago my friends couldn't book a fourth. Said they had reached limit even though we had just used their third one. Possibly a glitch, but one of my friends said there was previous time she couldn't book a fourth.