This is crazy

Drill2dk

No kidding. This is old news now. And irrelevant. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

The OP originally said they were sailing in early December. Their whole hand wringing schtic seems to have stemmed from a hurricane related itinerary change. I am looking forward to their trip report when they tell us how much they enjoyed the alternate ports...

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The OP originally said they were sailing in early December. Their whole hand wringing schtic seems to have stemmed from a hurricane related itinerary change. I am looking forward to their trip report when they tell us how much they enjoyed the alternate ports...

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. I think they were hoping for a cruise cancellation because of itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Almost made it 3 days before the OP bumped his own thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Too bad for them that the ports are open and are begging for people to visit them.

As opposed to the year that some predicted that St Maarten and St Thomas would take. Just a few months.

There's no reason for any cruise line to cancel cruises. No, there's more reason to get them going. While it's good for my pocketbook, it's also sad that so many people are canceling cruises. The islands need us to come back, and people turn their backs on them.

Im supposed to go on a cruise in the beginning of December. When I did final deposit they had substituted st Martin and Puerto Rico for other islands. Now RCL is saying they will be the first to go back to these ports. I think its horrible, that they would vavaction were so many people are suffering. RCL should be giving money and time for these people to heal. I feel its not cool to be vacationing while people are living without food, power and clean water.

Please call RCL cooperate and tell them this is wrong 305-539-6455.

I think its horrible, that you would vaction were so many people are suffering. You should be giving money and time for these people to heal. I feel its not cool to be vacationing while people are living without food, power and clean water.

Please call yourself and your family and tell them this is wrong.

There is a reason why the hotels are not open. They are not safe!! My visit is not helping them to rebuild. Stay home and donate money. Don't swim and play in their misery.

why cant your visit help them rebuild, become an aid worker for the day.

why cant your visit help them rebuild, become an aid worker for the day.

The resources necessary to train a volunteer for for such a short period of time is just not worth it. A Volunteer is a crucial and limited resource, but requires training. Can you imagine the fall out if a cruise ship passenger were to be injured while volunteering in such an area, the Public relations damage and legal implications for both the cruise line and the local authorities would be endless. Also not sure what that persons medical insurance would have to say about it.

I am not arguing either for or against the return of cruise ships. Just stating a fact.

dp

So, was on Allure last week, the first Eastern Caribbean itinerary since before the hurricanes for the ship, which included a stop in St. Thomas.

Just about every single local we encountered while out on our tour of the island (booked through the cruise line) actually said "thank you for visiting us" because they needed the help. Our tour driver and a few locals we encountered detailed to us just how much they need visitors right now, as without the cruise ships, they would all be out of work. 90% of the hotels are still closed, so cruise ships coming in is essential to these people.

They do not need or want "time to rebuild without visitors coming." They want the money flowing so they can go on with their lives, make a living, and actually speed up the rebuilding process.

Their economy depends on tourism. A tour operator, and his employees, can't rebuild because they have no business because the ships aren't docking. Dock and spend money, that's what I say. I remember the ship I was on docked at Veracruz because of a hurricane and hundreds upon hundreds of locals came down because they saw the "Big Cash Cow" arrive.

So, was on Allure last week, the first Eastern Caribbean itinerary since before the hurricanes for the ship, which included a stop in St. Thomas.

Just about every single local we encountered while out on our tour of the island (booked through the cruise line) actually said "thank you for visiting us" because they needed the help. Our tour driver and a few locals we encountered detailed to us just how much they need visitors right now, as without the cruise ships, they would all be out of work. 90% of the hotels are still closed, so cruise ships coming in is essential to these people.

They do not need or want "time to rebuild without visitors coming." They want the money flowing so they can go on with their lives, make a living, and actually speed up the rebuilding process.

Thanks for posting. Most of us do realize the locals (no matter where) depend on tourist dollars no matter the circumstances.