Harmony of seas 2018 presidents cruise question

Just curious, how crowded were the venues?

Star Lounge - Diamonds - large venue and we never noticed it being crowded. We were in a GS so mostly utilized the CL as it was just around the corner from our cabin.

Olive & Twist - Diamond + - tried to get a drink at the bar once as we had drink packages as we we thought it was Viking Crown Lounge with a view for a chilly sail away. We were refused service as we were not D+. This was first night before we figured out the lay of the land. It didn’t seem crowded but it may have been before the cocktail hours.

DL - P’s - never went in. I believe their was less than 50 P’s. High 30’s I recall.

CL - Suites, P’s, D+ - we always found a seat. However, we did shore excursions each day and didn’t normally stop by until after MDR first seating. We did have one well known lady show up every morning in her bath robe and two or three large styrofoam cups and pack in as much fruit as she could and I assume go back to her cabin. She often cleaned out all the strawberries.

We choose not to book the Harmony cruise as our primary concern was regarding the SL/CK and the expected high number Pinnacles. Also cabin prices were nearly double what we commonly pay for a GS.

The “special” excursions were very nice. They had one each day which included MB. Some of those he would make an appearance and then leave. Some he participated the entire excursion. The price of the excursions were expensive but really nice.

Entertainment - they brought onboard the The 80’s Band Wild Boys Band. They played about 4 Times onboard at different venues. They had a concert offsite bull ring with the Gypsy Kings.

It was a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

• 1 month later...
Star Lounge - Diamonds - large venue and we never noticed it being crowded. We were in a GS so mostly utilized the CL as it was just around the corner from our cabin.

Olive & Twist - Diamond + - tried to get a drink at the bar once as we had drink packages as we we thought it was Viking Crown Lounge with a view for a chilly sail away. We were refused service as we were not D+. This was first night before we figured out the lay of the land. It didn’t seem crowded but it may have been before the cocktail hours.

DL - P’s - never went in. I believe their was less than 50 P’s. High 30’s I recall.

CL - Suites, P’s, D+ - we always found a seat. However, we did shore excursions each day and didn’t normally stop by until after MDR first seating. We did have one well known lady show up every morning in her bath robe and two or three large styrofoam cups and pack in as much fruit as she could and I assume go back to her cabin. She often cleaned out all the strawberries.

We choose not to book the Harmony cruise as our primary concern was regarding the SL/CK and the expected high number Pinnacles. Also cabin prices were nearly double what we commonly pay for a GS.

The “special” excursions were very nice. They had one each day which included MB. Some of those he would make an appearance and then leave. Some he participated the entire excursion. The price of the excursions were expensive but really nice.

Entertainment - they brought onboard the The 80’s Band Wild Boys Band. They played about 4 Times onboard at different venues. They had a concert offsite bull ring with the Gypsy Kings.

It was a great cruise.

Any guesses when we will get some info on this year's cruise?

Sent from my KFDOWI using Forums mobile app

On the 2016 cruise all of the 4th floor clubs (Comedy, Jazz Club, and Blaze) were turned into the Diamond lounge for D's and D+'s. The normal Diamond Lounge deck 11 was for Pinnacles only and the Suite lounge was accessible to the suite guests.

Don't know exactly what they will do on the Harmony with Wonderland replacing the diamond lounge.

All in all 2016 was a great cruise looking forward to 2018. Especially with our change in status.

On the 2016 cruise all of the 4th floor clubs (Comedy, Jazz Club, and Blaze) were turned into the Diamond lounge for D's and D+'s. The normal Diamond Lounge deck 11 was for Pinnacles only and the Suite lounge was accessible to the suite guests.

Don't know exactly what they will do on the Harmony with Wonderland replacing the diamond lounge.

All in all 2016 was a great cruise looking forward to 2018. Especially with our change in status.

Just a technical point. Harmony NEVER had a Diamond Lounge on Deck 11/12. She was built with Wonderland so the DL was never replaced by. The Diamond Lounge on Harmony is down on Deck 4 next to Jazz.

Just a technical point. Harmony NEVER had a Diamond Lounge on Deck 11/12. She was built with Wonderland so the DL was never replaced by. The Diamond Lounge on Harmony is down on Deck 4 next to Jazz.

Oasis temporarily had a DL on deck 4 opposite from Izumi. It didn't work because of some steps. Surprised that wasn't redesigned during Harmony or Symphony. Especially with the move towards more folks abandoning the MDR

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Yes, we were on Harmony last October and the Diamond Lounge is on Deck 4 and quite tiny. I second having Dazzles turned into the DL for the Prez cruise...since I plan on being there, of course :D! Excited about Billy Ocean! He can be my Caribbean King any time!

• 3 weeks later...
I am hoping that with the president on board, they will make another location essentially a diamond lounge for the duration of the cruise. How embarrassing would that be to have people turned away from the longe while he is on board. Celebrity has been using their sky lounge which is probably 3 or 4 times the size of the deck 11 diamond lounge. I can not even imagine how small the deck 4 lounge must be.

No lounge on the Harmony on deck 11. The Diamond lounge is on deck 4. I'm sure all 3 venues (jazz club, the attic, and the diamond lounge) will be used as the Diamond lounge.

On the Allure in 2016 the deck 11 diamond lounge was for Pinnacles. But on the Harmony Wonderland is there.

No lounge on the Harmony on deck 11. The Diamond lounge is on deck 4. I'm sure all 3 venues (jazz club, the attic, and the diamond lounge) will be used as the Diamond lounge.

On the Allure in 2016 the deck 11 diamond lounge was for Pinnacles. But on the Harmony Wonderland is there.

Maybe Dazzles

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Question; I hear the ship has 'Royal IQ' I read somewhere that you can text home no charge IF YOU AND THE OTHER PARTY HAVE IPHONES. Is there any truth to this? I hear that this is available on Harmony and a few other ships... anyone every use it before? Thanks

Question; I hear the ship has 'Royal IQ' I read somewhere that you can text home no charge IF YOU AND THE OTHER PARTY HAVE IPHONES. Is there any truth to this? I hear that this is available on Harmony and a few other ships... anyone every use it before? Thanks

Yes, free iMessage has been reported on Harmony just last week.