3000 Cruise Points

nelblu

When we first started thinking about taking a cruise a few years ago, we got advice from a friend who cruised a lot. She had been retired for some time and worked every few days in her son's optometry practice, which is where we met her.

Anyway, she told us about a woman that she had heard of who "retired" to cruising and would negotiate six months or more at a time on a ship, ending up in ports to visit her grandkids for holidays and such. She said that being such a frequent cruiser, she got a great price, less than what you would pay in a retirement community like Leisure World or similar. She didn't have many medical issues, so the medical staff on the boat was able to monitor her just fine. If I recall correctly, she sold her house, and pretty much everything she had, and with her kids spread out all over was able to make this work. Personally, I think it's a great idea, as a cruise is so lively, and seeing different places would be so fun. Does anyone know if this is a true story or just a marine myth? I fantasize about doing this someday.

I'm not sure about lower prices, but on one of our Adventure sails, there was a couple (gay) that spent part of 6 straight months on the ship. I remember one of the 2 always having a colorful pocketbook/manbag with him. Both dressed nightly very spiffy. Can't remember their names. I remember one of them being from Majorca and the other being from Danish royalty. Haven't sailed on the AOS in years and wonder if these 2 gents still sail for that long period of time in any given year.

I'm not sure about lower prices, but on one of our Adventure sails, there was a couple (gay) that spent part of 6 straight months on the ship. I remember one of the 2 always having a colorful pocketbook/manbag with him. Both dressed nightly very spiffy. Can't remember their names. I remember one of them being from Majorca and the other being from Danish royalty. Haven't sailed on the AOS in years and wonder if these 2 gents still sail for that long period of time in any given year.

They were on our repositioning cruise a few years ago from Copenhagen to Bayonne. They had a separate stateroom for their clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They were on our repositioning cruise a few years ago from Copenhagen to Bayonne. They had a separate stateroom for their clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I imagine yes as they both had a plethora of dress items, plus any accompaniments..

I thought Super Mario was on the Navigator!

350x197

I'm totally addicted and hooked," Salcedo said last week, sitting in his customary seat on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas after it docked at Port Everglades. "I cannot live on land. I've lost my land legs."

That quote was from April when Navigator was in the US. It's been sailing from Southampton during the summer so he won't have been onboard whilst it was in the UK