Suite Question

kskelley40

I've tried to find this answer on the boards before submitting this question with no luck so....

We have a suite on the Dawn in January. We have all of the packages, i.e. dining, drinks etc...

My question is: If I ask the Butler to stock the mini-fridge with cokes (pepsi) will I be charged for them or is this included with the suite? And will he refill it every day?

I don't drink coffee and like to have a soda in the morning. I know I can just go to a bar and get one with my drink package but I am an early riser and my husband is not. I don't want to disturb him by going in and out of the door so early in the morning. I like to just grab a drink out of the mini fridge and sit on the balcony reading until he wakes up. I used to bring a case with me on past cruises, but no longer allowed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well, technically the beverage package only includes fountain sodas, although I have heard of some people being able to get cans. So, the OP may not be able to get a soda the night before. She will either have to leave the cabin to get the soda or just pay for one from the mini-bar each morning.

Everyone here has given spot-on advice/answers. I'd like to suggest to the OP that instead of going to a bar every morning for a soda, that he/she look into pre-ordering some sodas from NCL and then having the butler leave some ice each evening to chill a can overnight. :)

Thanks for the responses...that is what I thought. I looked into buying sodas ahead of time but do not see them in the "gifts" category to order, just wine.

It is not a big deal to pay for them....I think last time I took one out of the mini-fridge (in a balcony) it was only $2.95.

Happy Cruising!

Not really trying to hijack the thread but it is related. I know from other threads, several people staying in suites suggest having the butler clear out the mini-fridge on arrival to eliminate the chances of accidental charges, etc. If I am staying in an OS that includes soft drinks, is there a reason the clean out the mini-fridge and is the mini-fridge separate from a mini-bar? I know we get a limited choice of three bottles of liquor but is there also a mini-bar available (for a fee)?

Thanks.

Not really trying to hijack the thread but it is related. I know from other threads, several people staying in suites suggest having the butler clear out the mini-fridge on arrival to eliminate the chances of accidental charges, etc. If I am staying in an OS that includes soft drinks, is there a reason the clean out the mini-fridge and is the mini-fridge separate from a mini-bar? I know we get a limited choice of three bottles of liquor but is there also a mini-bar available (for a fee)?

Thanks.

My experience is limited to the DOS on the Breakaway, but on all of our cruises the mini-fridge was all we had. It was kept stocked with water, soda, mixers, half and half, etc.

There was no separate mini bar, but we did have the full 3 bottles of liquor that we ordered. Of all my trips I think we opened one bottle and made one drink. We just left the rest in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mini fridge usually includes other little booze bottles. Not sure about OS, but does not matter. You can set those aside, put in cabinet next to fridge or have steward empty it. If we need room, we just stack them up in fridge, or move them.

Mini fridge usually includes other little booze bottles. Not sure about OS, but does not matter. You can set those aside, put in cabinet next to fridge or have steward empty it. If we need room, we just stack them up in fridge, or move them.

In DOS on Epic in March: no mini booze just the 3 we ordered in advance with only the sodas and mixers we asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the OP, I have noticed that in the buffet-the bar area had cans of soda. Thinking you might latch onto some there to take back to your room by showing your room card that includes drink package. Not sure if that will work, others might chime in because I have not tried it.

As for Gampy, there's no such thing as a mini-bar that you need to pay for in the OS. There is a fridge that LOOKS like a mini-bar, however all is free for your use. Let your butler know what you want that space stocked with as far as sodas, juices, milks, etc. and it is part of your perks.

I was in OS on Gem and told butler yo keep fridge full of Diet Pepsi and he did at no extra charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^

When we were in OS and DOS, we asked the Butler to keep a specific selection of soft drinks in the mini fridge, and to leave a few extras so we could chill them throughout the day as we finished the ones that were already chilled.

Even in a 2BR Haven Suite, where these drinks were not "included", we just asked for a few things to be kept on hand, and just had them added to our bill.

GC

If you can't get closed cans at the bar for your room I have seen pics of soda vending machines at the arcade on some NCL boats (don't know if they still have this or not as I don't use the arcade). Might be cheaper than the minibar option if your boat has that.

We are on the Dawn. They have an Owner's Suite with 2 balconies which is sold out and an Owner's Suite. The latter does not mention a balcony and the photos do not show one.

Are you sure that the second suite type, without the balcony, isn't actually the DOS (Deluxe Owner's Suite) on Deck [12, I think, from memory]?

It's right over the Bridge, with the same amazing forward view.

It's got that huge wrap-around wall of windows, including (but not shown on floor plans) on the "wing" that sticks out to the side over the Bridge, and gives a great view aft, down the side of the ship. Fun to watch the lifeboats being raised/lowered when that happens.

It doesn't have a balcony, but it's also not an "OS"/Owners Suite.

GC