Where can you buy wine before boarding in FLL?

dazee8

Getting into FLL around 7:30 am. I am going to grab a taxi to head over to the ship. I was wondering if anyone know of a decent liquor place close to the ship to stop off and get a few bottles before boarding?? Thanks! :)

Getting into FLL around 7:30 am. I am going to grab a taxi to head over to the ship. I was wondering if anyone know of a decent liquor place close to the ship to stop off and get a few bottles before boarding?? Thanks! :)

Probably, the best bet is to ask the cab driver.:)

Thanks Sun Princess. I think I will go with the info that I found from the previous posting. They actually have some good selections. Got my list and going to run in or phone it in and then head on over to the ship. :)

There is a Publix grocery store across the Street from Embassy Suites. They have a very good selection there. We also picked up our bottled water there.

Publix store is about a 30-40 minute walk (depending on your speed) from the ship's terminal. We were staying at the Renaissance Hotel pre-cruise and we walked to both the Publix store (20-25 minutes) and the ship's terminal (10-15 minutes). It's on the 17th street. From the airport to the ship's terminal, Publix is actually on the way.

Since you have time before boarding the ship, you can check in your luggages, then head out towards 17th street. There is a Walgreen Drugstore on the way as well. If the weather permit (not too hot and humid), walking beats sitting and waiting at the ship's terminal.

FYI, we were slow walkers because we had 2 kids in strollers and it was difficult manuvering the sidewalk along 17th street.

Merela, Thanks for the approx. times for the distance in walking to the Publix store. Since I am not all that familar with the area around the Port it is good to get that info from someone who has done it themselves.

For this trip, I am going to take the easy way out since I have a lot to manage. I'm going to have the cab stop at the liquor store that is located on 17th street as mentioned in the previous posting. I found their website and know exactly what they have. Hopefully I can call ahead and ask them to put aside my choices, but if not it shouldn't take me too long to find what I am looking for. Then I will just buzz on over to the ship. :D

Greetings, fellow cruisers and wine drinkers.

I requested information about a wine shop near Port Everglades on a roll call just a couple of days ago. From someone who lives in south Florida:

Crown Liquor & Spirits

1645 Cordova Rd.

FLL, 33316

(near 17th street across from Embassy Suites)

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/

Enjoy your fine wine and Bon Voyage!

Chris

Thanks Chris for posting that for all. That location is exactly where I am going to go before heading on over to the ship. From the website they have reasonable prices. Have you ever been there youself? :)

Just back from the Star yesterday. We stopped at a Winn-Dixie that had a liquor store next door in a little shopping center. Had a Burger King on front of shopping center too I remember. Not sure of exact street but was real close to the port and Thrifty rental car place on Miami Rd where we returned car. We got our Beer,wine, and water at Winn-Dixie but didn't go into liquor store.

Thanks Chris for posting that for all. That location is exactly where I am going to go before heading on over to the ship. From the website they have reasonable prices. Have you ever been there youself? :)

Dazee8,

You're welcome. I haven't been to Crown Liquor & Spirits, but it comes highly recommended by others on these boards.

DH and I usually bring 4-6 bottles of wine from home, packed with bubble-wrap and in plastic bags for safe travel. On our upcoming CB cruise (1/28), we'll have a rental car for 24 hours because we're going to the King Tut exhibit the day prior to sailing. It makes more sense to get a car instead of taking taxis to the museum, out to dinner, shopping, etc. We'll have plenty of time to browse the wine shop after we check into our hotel (Courtyard Marriott) and plan to stock up on wine and bottled water (and maybe some other goodies) for the cruise. Only 46 more days!

Bon Voyage and Happy Holidays, everyone.

Chris

Chris,

You gave me another tip about the bubble wrap. Many thanks. I will pack a few sheets of that in the bag I am going to take in the store when I get the beverages. Good planning on your part too about getting a rental car. I will have to remember that tip too, when I return to FLL. :)

Greetings, fellow cruisers and wine drinkers.

I requested information about a wine shop near Port Everglades on a roll call just a couple of days ago. From someone who lives in south Florida:

Crown Liquor & Spirits

1645 Cordova Rd.

FLL, 33316

(near 17th street across from Embassy Suites)

Here's the link to the website:

http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/

Enjoy your fine wine and Bon Voyage!

Chris

We bought liquor here the night before our cruise and there's a Win Dixie close by it where we picked up some wine as well. Good prices at the Win Dixie, I found the liquor store high.

Archived