HAL St Thomas Berth

Tiggipaws

I hope so.

I would like to see HAL back at Havensight. There was nothing at Crown Bay but a few shops and vendors.

Is it possible the ten year contract for Crown Bay may be running out? I've lost track how long it has been but it has been many years.

Is it possible the ten year contract for Crown Bay may be running out? I've lost track how long it has been but it has been many years.

I also wonder if Princess' contract may be maturing?

Good question - we will be in St. Thomas on the Nieuw Amsterdam next Wednesday (Nov 15th) and it looks from the Austin "Babe" Monsanto schedule that is posted at viports that the first time the Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to dock there is not until November 29th. Which makes me wonder if we are even going to St. Thomas at all!

Just pulled this off http://www.**********/cruise/ship-schedule/

Wednesday - 15th

Divina - 3,502 West Indian Co.

Nieuw Amsterdam - 2,106 West Indian Co.

Seabourn Odyssey - 450 Crown Bay

TUI Discovery - 2,100 West Indian Co.

Thursday - 16th

Eurodam - 2,104 West Indian Co.

Edited by mhurdle127
Change to plain text so port names show up

Yes, that is why I asked abov e if that cxontract is running out? Seems it is.

We were on Noordam January 2 007 with a number of CC'ers,. In st. Thomas, we tendereed from the inner harbor.

It was actually more convenient than we thought it would be. the tender dropped us in center of downtown Charlotte Amalie and tendering was fast and easy. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I think HAL's contract to use Crown should be up by now.

I know that we have been going there for quite a few years. Wish I could remember when that 10 year contract began.

When I first read the OP's post, that was what jumped into my mind....... Aha, the contract is finally up?

I also wonder if Princess' contract may be maturing?

Princess contract is over now.

In January we docked in Heavensight on Royal Princess even though it was the only Princess ship there that day.

I’d say it’s been about ten years . On our Noordam cruise in ‘07, we docked at Crown Bay. On our one and only Princess cruise in ‘06, Havensight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess contract is over now, but even during the last 10 years Princess ships could dock at Heavrnsight if at least one Princess ship docked at Crown

It all depends on your plans. We prefer Crown bay lately as it is much closer to Emerald beach which we use.

If you are into shopping Heavensight has more stores. Although I am not sure how many of them still exist after Maria.

Why we like Havensight.

It is easy to take a cab to Red Hook and go over to St John.

It is closer to town. We like walking around the town to see what has changed and have lunch there. We also enjoy walking around Havensight. Sadly, no one that I know of has been to St Thomas and we have no idea of the condition of anything in Havensight or town.

You have the Skyride to Paradise Point.

I used to rezlly enjoy the walk to downtown from Havensight with my DH. Not sure if I'll do it alone . I like we'll be docked near the nice Marina stores. :) We used to taxi over there from Crown Bay. High quality shops. :)

Last January we docked in Havensight on Koningsdam. It was our first time there and honestly we much preferred Crown Bay (although Crown Bay had been our only experience in St Thomas up until then).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uh... can some one explain the difference? Pros and cons of each?
Havensight has more shops and restaurants etc, and is somewhat closer to the center of Charlotte Amalie (1.3 miles vs 1.8 miles according to Google Earth) The road from Crown Bay to downtown is not as good for walking IMO.

I used to really enjoy the walk to downtown from Havensight with my DH. Not sure if I'll do it alone . I like we'll be docked near the nice Yacht Haven Marina stores. :) We used to taxi over there from Crown Bay. High quality shops. :)
We watched them building that area for years and it was great to see it finally finshed and open for business.

Perhaps the dock at Havensight is in better shape than the other one. I loved Havensight as well. I'm just glad that they are able to dock at all.

Guessing you are right, Bev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the dock at Havensight is in better shape than the other one. I loved Havensight as well. I'm just glad that they are able to dock at all.

Seing that is their main area for cruise ship docking, they may have spent more to get it back in shape faster than they did at Crown Bay. So many businesses need the ships to come back. :)

You are probably right, Bev.