Book and dream

Does anyone just book their vacation and then just dream anymore? It seems that so many spend so much time looking for any type of price drop and getting frustrated. That would take away the pleasure of dreaming of what I was going to do to have fun. It would be hard to start a vacation with a negative attitude.

I book and always check for price drops. I don’t feel negative about it. I’m delighted when I find a price drop, especially when it drops and I can book a higher grade cabin for a small price increase. Just went from an oceanview to a balcony gty for just $4 total. Plus, got an extra $50 OBC. I was very happy......and I always enjoy my cruises.

Gwen [emoji3]

As the group planner, always checking for deals is part of the fun. My group booked at a price we thought was fair, so no negative vibes at all. Once in a while you get lucky like we did today and saved $400 per cabin for a total group savings of $2000. It like each cabin got a free deluxe drink package and we all got two bungalows on Labadee.

With the right attitude it’s a blast.

As the group planner, always checking for deals is part of the fun. My group booked at a price we thought was fair, so no negative vibes at all. Once in a while you get lucky like we did today and saved $400 per cabin for a total group savings of $2000. It like each cabin got a free deluxe drink package and we all got two bungalows on Labadee.

With the right attitude it’s a blast.

Maybe you just paid to much to start. 😉

One of my guilty pleasures is reading about fantastic price drops on my roll calls. Then seeing that my cabin is still cheaper. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I book my next cruise while on the current one. I don't worry about the price one bit, the cost really doesn't matter to me, it's worth it at any cost. I let my TA watch for price drops and adjust accordingly but I don't really look at the price. There's no feeling like the excitement in the month or two leading up to the big day :)

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

Being from the UK I have no choice but to book and dream :D

There are no price drops for us and no matter whether I book early, last minute or in between there are always price drops.

It is what it is, in my mind if the price hadn't been right at that moment when I booked it then I wouldn't have booked it.

Happy then and happy now no matter what - theres a cruise to look forward to :cool:

Just because I check prices, does not mean I'm not relaxed and anticipating my vacation. You make your choices and let the rest of us make ours.

Going from a balcony E2 to a JS for zero dollars and gaining $100 OBC was well worth a few emails and 10 minutes on the phone.

Does anyone just book their vacation and then just dream anymore? It seems that so many spend so much time looking for any type of price drop and getting frustrated. That would take away the pleasure of dreaming of what I was going to do to have fun. It would be hard to start a vacation with a negative attitude.

Use to check for price drop. Will ask at final payment if I think about it. Once I make final payment I just look forward to getting on the ship. The closer it gets the more excited I become. I already have my suitcase out for March cruise. Already paid.

How are they mutually exclusive?

A price drop would allow for more money in the budget for dreamy things.

How are they mutually exclusive?

A price drop would allow for more money in the budget for dreamy things.

As a spectator to price drops I can understand a little bit the point being made by the original poster.

Some of the posts on here about price drops are slightly obsessive in my opinion involving anxious waits until the TA opens for business,three way phone calls and complaint escalations to Royal etc.

All this angst and hassle can only detract from the pleasant 'dreamy' anticipation of a vacation.

That being said its probably easy for me to view it that way as we don't get them in the UK and I'm probably a little jealous if I'm being honest :D