Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! So, I'm looking at shore excursions and, clearly, you love this tour company. Has anyone ever had trouble getting back to the ship on time? I see they say they guarantee it, but I'm just a little nervous. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, trotzoll said:

Hi everyone! So, I'm looking at shore excursions and, clearly, you love this tour company. Has anyone ever had trouble getting back to the ship on time? I see they say they guarantee it, but I'm just a little nervous. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

I used them for 4 separate tours on my very first Mediterranean cruise.  I was very nervous about doing so but every review I had read, no one had missed the ship.  I know it's a bit scary - especially if traveling to to Rome which is pretty far from the port and anything can happen. But I think they keep a very watchful eye on traffic and don't cut their return times too close. 🙂 

• Like 3

@trotzoll This is also a very big concern of mine, specifically for Naples. Italytours.EU has great reviews but I am leaning towards a ship excursion for our day in Naples (even though it is much more expensive). We are in Naples on a Saturday, May 21st. 4 ships in port with capacity of 10,000 passengers total. Weekend may draw more tourists in general. Also, read about all the road back up and congestion in Naples. This is my first time in this port and only one stop there on our itinerary. I am just super nervous about getting back to the ship on time. Anybody with more experience have thoughts, would be !ugh appreciated.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:54 AM, SUESEABE said:

@trotzoll This is also a very big concern of mine, specifically for Naples. Italytours.EU has great reviews but I am leaning towards a ship excursion for our day in Naples (even though it is much more expensive). We are in Naples on a Saturday, May 21st. 4 ships in port with capacity of 10,000 passengers total. Weekend may draw more tourists in general. Also, read about all the road back up and congestion in Naples. This is my first time in this port and only one stop there on our itinerary. I am just super nervous about getting back to the ship on time. Anybody with more experience have thoughts, would be !ugh appreciated.

Boy, I didn't think about other trips being in port too. I'll need to check that out. Thanks for this tip!

We booked Italy Tours for two of our tours for our recent Regal Cruise. Due to weather, our ship did not make it for our tour to Florence/Pisa. Our funds were back on our Visa within two days. 

We also booked through IT for our day in Marseilles.

We prefer independent tours when cruising fo the tourgroup size. So much more can get done and seen with a smaller group. Thank you Frank for a great day. This is my posting on my Facebook Page. - I would highly recommend  IT tours.

Our driver, Frank met us at 8:30 am in his Volkswagon Van (group of 6) at the port. Traffc was heavy on our drive to Aix-en-Provence, known as the city of Paul Cezanne. Frank led us on a walk along Cours Mirabeau, the richest Provence Avenue where we saw fountains, the private hotels, the small cafés & old churches and a real Provencal market. We went into the old city and visited the famous local church and then had an hour on our own to find a “toilette” which isn’t easy.  Went to a few stores, had an Espresso and meandered back to the main fountain. The fountain represents the three main directions, to Marseilles, to Paris an to Italy.

At 11:30am we met up with Frank and drove to the village of Cassis which is east to Marseille and famous for its cliffs & Calanques. It was raining by this time but we still did the drive along the fantastic Crested Roa - (one of Europe's nicest roads) to the famous cliff Cap Canaille, which is located 400 meters above sea level and is offering astonishing views of the Mediterranean sea.

Frank then took us down into Cassis for two hours. We had lunch at La Perroquette, his favourite café. I had a local white wine, fish and chips and Janice had a hamburg steak and fries. The fish was cod but very different from any cod I ever had. It was tasty but so chewy tough that I had to use a steak knife. After lunch we walked around in the drizzle for about 45 minutes.

No visit to Marseille is complete without touring the Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica which dominates the Provence Capital's skyline. Breath-taking 360 degrees panoramic views.  Inside the Basilica are local themes depicting the importance of the sea with ship models and pictures. Lastly, we crossed the Corniche and toured the city high spots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked 3 tours through Italytours.EU for our upcoming cruise that was set to embark on April 17. Unfortunately, my husband has tested positive for Covid, and we will be cancelling the trip. I cannot comment on the actual tours, but the communications that I have had with Cristina and Mario throughout the entire booking process have been highly satisfactory. Will not hesitate to re-book with them when I reschedule this cruise in the future. My request for cancellation and refunds was processed swiftly. I am grateful for their generous cancellation policy, especially during these crazy and uncertain Covid times. It certainly gave me peace of mind when I decided to book with them. I appreciate how they run their business and treat their customers!

I booked Italy Tours for two of my sister's tours for our recent Regal Cruise. Due to weather, our ship did not make it for her tour to Florence/Pisa. The captain announced the cancellation around 8 p.m. the night before the tour.  I immediately emailed Cristina (contact person) and notified her of the port cancellation.  On such short notice, I expected no refund for the cancellation; but the refund was back on my sister's Visa within two days. 

The second tour was the Rome all-day tour.  My sister didn't thoroughly read her confirmation email, which told her to wait at the terminal and not take the Princess shuttle to the port gate.  So on the morning of the tour, she took the Princess shuttle bus to the port gate.  Obviously, the driver was not there, because that is not their meeting point.  The driver was super nice and patient, took all efforts to locate my sister and her friend.  As for the tour and service, my sister said it was excellent and the best tour she has ever taken!!  She said the driver tour guide was very knowledgeable and very nice!  And the tour covered Rome's good points of interest.

Cristina was a super nice person and always responded to my emails/questions in a very timely manner.  I strongly recommend this company!  I have absolutely no hesitation to use this company again for all my future Italy tours.  
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, bb215 said:

Booked 3 tours through Italytours.EU for our upcoming cruise that was set to embark on April 17. Unfortunately, my husband has tested positive for Covid, and we will be cancelling the trip. I cannot comment on the actual tours, but the communications that I have had with Cristina and Mario throughout the entire booking process have been highly satisfactory. Will not hesitate to re-book with them when I reschedule this cruise in the future. My request for cancellation and refunds was processed swiftly. I am grateful for their generous cancellation policy, especially during these crazy and uncertain Covid times. It certainly gave me peace of mind when I decided to book with them. I appreciate how they run their business and treat their customers!

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how disappointed you are. Breaks my heart for you. 😞 I hope you will be able to reschedule soon and aren't out too much money.

4 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how disappointed you are. Breaks my heart for you. 😞 I hope you will be able to reschedule soon and aren't out too much money.

All is good. I canceled the cruise, flights, hotels, and all tours, with no money lost. Everything was or will be returned in the form of a refund or credit. On the bright side, since I already did all the planning, I know exactly what tours I want to take and which company I will use, when I do reschedule. 😃

On 4/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, bb215 said:

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I hope he's getting through it okay, but what a disappointment. I hope you can get rescheduled soon.!

Forgive me if this has been asked already. 
we are ending our cruise in Rome and would love to book the all day tour. Has anyone done this from the end of cruise?

we will have all our luggage with us and there might be 6 of us total. They say we can leave the luggage in the van all day, but I wonder if they would allow us to drop it off at the hotel first? 

11 hours ago, aaalynn1 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked already. 
we are ending our cruise in Rome and would love to book the all day tour. Has anyone done this from the end of cruise?

we will have all our luggage with us and there might be 6 of us total. They say we can leave the luggage in the van all day, but I wonder if they would allow us to drop it off at the hotel first? 

It's a private tour.  They will customize it as you please.  Just ask them. 

• Thanks 1

For those of you who did the "Best of Rome & The Vatican" tour, did you do the optional Colosseum add-on? Part of me really wants to see the inside of the Colosseum but the other part knows it'll be a huge chunk of time to get through the security and entry lines, taking time away from other things we could be visiting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

For those of you who did the "Best of Rome & The Vatican" tour, did you do the optional Colosseum add-on? Part of me really wants to see the inside of the Colosseum but the other part knows it'll be a huge chunk of time to get through the security and entry lines, taking time away from other things we could be visiting.

We did this tour and did the add on for the Colosseum.  Since you get skip the line tickets, it doesn't take that long in security or entry lines.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

We did, and while I can check off the "Colosseum" on the bucket list, after getting through security, we only had about 20 minutes inside and it felt really rushed.  Even though you have pre-paid tickets, the day we went, the line for security was really long - it could also be due to the time of year because we went in August which is when everyone in Europe is on holiday - summer months tend to be busier.  I'm still glad I did it since it might be my only trip to Europe.  It was still a very full tour - lots of in/out of the van at the different stops and the Vatican portion takes a good while as well. I think we all fell asleep in the van on the way back to port. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an excursion for « Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast » in August. In the confirmation email, I saw that the guide will not be with us on the site of Pompeii. He will not be with us to guide us and give us some informations. Can someone confirm this ? So we need to do the tour by ourself on site of Pompeii ? What can we do to be sure we will learn everything ? Can we buy a ticket for our guide ? Loll Thanks for your help.

6 hours ago, Beedrill said:

We booked an excursion for « Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast » in August. In the confirmation email, I saw that the guide will not be with us on the site of Pompeii. He will not be with us to guide us and give us some informations. Can someone confirm this ? So we need to do the tour by ourself on site of Pompeii ? What can we do to be sure we will learn everything ? Can we buy a ticket for our guide ? Loll Thanks for your help.

I remember from doing this tour a few years ago that a driver/guide collected us from the port, drove us to Pompeii, then a second guide met us and did the tour of Pompeii, so perhaps that's what they mean?

I have only used Italy Tours once (unfortunately there were not enough people interested in another tour I wanted to do), but I have always been very happy with the professional service from them.

23 hours ago, Beedrill said:

As Chocolate Teapot said, the drive who picks you up at the port, is more of a drive than a guide.  A separate guide, knowledgeable in Pompeii, does this portion of the tour.  Then the driver takes you into Sorrento for lunch and will recommend a place (it has an amazing view) and then on to the Amalfi Coast.  We didn't make it to Positano (which I was hoping for) but still an amazing day! 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:01 AM, Beedrill said:

To follow up on my post, here are a few pictures from that day. 

CB6EB973-DEC8-464E-8E09-D4ECD8B3C7EA.jpeg

View of Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii

048DA23B-534B-4655-A4AB-AD1D34F3007A.jpeg

Restaurant where we at lunch

F7A38489-6EC8-4F5C-8C5E-6143AF3B541F.jpeg

View while we ate lunch

B66D39CD-4F40-445B-8772-9FA161765B85.jpeg

Picture stop along Amalfi Coast - as close as I got to Positano 😞

AADAAA01-1BE1-4B9E-860F-29B6190810F2.jpeg

Amalfi Coast stop

7CD0BB5A-8B06-480C-A857-3DC0B9DC2DDB.jpeg

Pompeii