Post Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale

tennislvr8

Hi all,

We will have about 5 hours from disembark to our flight at FFL. We plan on walking off the ship with our luggage, what can we do with our time. None of the excursions appeal to us. We are considering renting a car, are there any rental companies near the port or will they pick us up at the port and take us to the airport?

TIA

FFL is Fairfield, Iowa. FLL is Ft Lauderdale.

You don't need to be first off the ship, rather you could be last. That could take some time.

You could Uber/Lyft to a number of places, like Sawgrass Mills.

There are dozens and dozens of threads here on renting car right outside the port...just about all vendors are represented and have shuttles. But in all cases you will have to return the car to the airport, or take a cab from the off airport site to the airport.

Renting a car for that short a time wouldn't appeal much to me.

FFL is Fairfield, Iowa. FLL is Ft Lauderdale.

You don't need to be first off the ship, rather you could be last. That could take some time.

You could Uber/Lyft to a number of places, like Sawgrass Mills.

There are dozens and dozens of threads here on renting car right outside the port...just about all vendors are represented and have shuttles. But in all cases you will have to return the car to the airport, or take a cab from the off airport site to the airport.

Renting a car for that short a time wouldn't appeal much to me.

Sorry about the typo, glad you were still able to figure out what I meant based on the title and location of the thread.

I will look for the posts, thanks.

I am also glad I asked for myself and not you since it doesn't appeal to you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Why not do "EZ" check where Princess takes your luggage the night before and sends it to your airlines that way you do not have to lug around your luggage and just do a small carry on with wheels and do shopping for find a nice spot to hang out and have lunch. It is the best $25 dollars that you can spend.

Why not do "EZ" check where Princess takes your luggage the night before and sends it to your airlines that way you do not have to lug around your luggage and just do a small carry on with wheels and do shopping for find a nice spot to hang out and have lunch. It is the best $25 dollars that you can spend.

Thanks, I am not on Princess and my DH would never agree to that.

I am in the same situation. Our flight to Canada will be at 15:15. We have to be at the airport by 13:15. We fly business so have priority for the security. Terminal b of FLL has no good restaurant and no lounge.

We hope to get off the boat at the latest time ( 10:00 or 10:30?). We will be on the Regal Princess. Then we wish to take a taxi to a restaurant or a restaurant in a resort ( it will be a Sunday) with our luggage, eat and have a drink than take another taxi to go back to the airport ( hoping it will be easy to find one).

Comments on my plan? Restaurant or restaurant in a resort suggestion to go?

If you have other good ideas,

Merci beaucoup

Taxi to FLL (about $15 + tip) and pay to store your bags there. Then are free to explore - boozy brunch on Las Olas? Beach? Water taxi? www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist info ;)

To continue John's suggestion:

I am in the same situation. Our flight to Canada will be at 15:15. We have to be at the airport by 13:15. We fly business so have priority for the security. Terminal b of FLL has no good restaurant and no lounge.

We hope to get off the boat at the latest time ( 10:00 or 10:30?). We will be on the Regal Princess. Then we wish to take a taxi to a restaurant or a restaurant in a resort ( it will be a Sunday) with our luggage, eat and have a drink than take another taxi to go back to the airport ( hoping it will be easy to find one).

Comments on my plan? Restaurant or restaurant in a resort suggestion to go?

If you have other good ideas,

Merci beaucoup

One of our favorite restaurants, Coconuts, isn't far from Port Everglades and is right on the intracoastal. Food is great and the views are wonderful (make sure you also look down into the water to see the tarpon swimming around the dock). They offer a Sunday brunch beginning at 10 am that is very popular. If interested, call them to make sure they can handle luggage storage. There should be no problem getting a taxi or Uber to the airport.

http://coconutsfortlauderdale.com/food-menu/sunday-brunch-menu

We have a 6:00 flight back so we are going to try a rental that we pre-reserved. We’ll cab to the airport to pick it up and store our bags in the car. Our pre-cruise hotel was on Fort Lauderdale Beach and they said there is lots of public parking.

Coconuts was right across the road from our hotel but we didn’t stop by so we’ll put that brunch on our list.

Have been to the restaurants on the beach a couple of times but not to the beach itself since spring break ‘84&85. Visited Elbow Room now just have to visit Coconuts and the beach to close out the 80’s tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums