LIVE (kinda live, maybe live?) REFLECTION 10-night Ultimate Caribbean

aring75

Question... we are going to sail on 1/2/18 and I am a huge foodie. I do want to try some of the restaurants with my obc. But I want to save the maximum. Is it better to book 4 days ahead of time? Or wait for special offers onboard. Thanks!! Also, which restaurants were you favorites- and would you give any a pass next time?

I have LOVED this thread thx!

Question... we are going to sail on 1/2/18 and I am a huge foodie. I do want to try some of the restaurants with my obc. But I want to save the maximum. Is it better to book 4 days ahead of time? Or wait for special offers onboard. Thanks!! Also, which restaurants were you favorites- and would you give any a pass next time?

I have LOVED this thread thx!

The ONLY reason I would book ahead of time is if I really wanted a certain date or time. Like if you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary or know you want 6:30 pm on chic night, etc.

However, if you are flexible, I would wait to book onboard. They offer a minimum of 30% to book, but you should start looking at making your reservations shortly after you board. The time slots start filling up pretty quickly once people learn of the discount.

Okay, so my favorites...this is totally subjective, but we both loved Lawn Club Grill. It’s outdoors, but they have heaters built in to the beams above the seating area, so I think it would still be comfortable even if the weather is a little cooler out.

Murano is always an elegant and delicious dinner. Absolutely no complaints!!

We didn’t try the Porch or Sushi on Five. I really wanted to do SoF, but Mark sees sushi on the menu and I think he just assumes it’s all sushi. Like everything gets infected with sushi cooties. [emoji53]

If I had to tell you to choose, I would say LCG and Murano are not to be missed.

If after that you are still looking for somewhere else to dine, Qsine is interesting and very entertaining. It is better enjoyed at a table for four (I think) because everything is served tapas style and shared around the table. You can enjoy a larger variety with more than two people. But we’ve done it with just the two of us and we still had fun.

Tuscan Grill can be hit or miss. I think the food is pretty solid if you stick with what they generally do best. The steaks and the pasta. My steak this time (the ribeye) was just about perfect. The service isn’t always as great as some (well, actually all) of the other specialty restaurants, but this time was great for us. If you get a discount here and you like the menu, it’s worth it.

I hope this helps. If you have a specific question about any of the specialty restaurants let me know. I will answer if I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get a chance , could you do a favor. We booked suite for new year but we have never seen Luminae restaurant menus. Since they are now on the tv screens in room, could you post some pics.....we would be so greatful.

I was on the Reflection last year. We rented Alcove for sea days it is awesome. You have it from 9am-9pm worked out great when they had concert on the lawn and now apparently they will be doing movies with the new upgrades of the ships.

We just got off the Eclipse and are going through withdrawals so your live review is definitely helping! I'm absolutely loving your writing style and the way you're describing your experiences. Hope you continue to have a wonderful time. I'll be following along.

Loved your review of the Eclipse! And I truly wish I had an extra four days. I’m going to be re-reading your review for MY post cruise blues!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am with Mark about sushi. I wouldn’t mind it so much if they rolled it in cornmeal and deep-fried it.

Lol, yep! You could totally hang out for lunch and beers. He says raw fish is bait. [emoji3]

If you get a chance , could you do a favor. We booked suite for new year but we have never seen Luminae restaurant menus. Since they are now on the tv screens in room, could you post some pics.....we would be so greatful.

Sure! I will look for them this afternoon. [emoji1303]

The room service menu available from the alcoves:

1baf937cfabc421a39ed58d7684129ca.jpg

8b3f1c3d8698ffaa7f6a94affdb53f85.jpg

I don’t remember if I mentioned it or not, but there’s 110V outlets in the alcoves for charging your devices.

c3de31c9433f6a1218a4d224f548e842.jpg

So you pay the menu prices but they deliver to your alcove...is there a service fee added?

Nope. No charge. Only a charge for the specialty items as well. Mark got a turkey club. I got a Caesar salad and a pizza. No charge. [emoji4]

Blu menu for 2nd evening chic night:

977e1fe5208fdf36cd291e66abc9a217.jpg

Crab cake appetizer:

e19d4ebbecc953a68f951833585ee82f.jpg

Sugar snap peas:

4e55dbb157b2861c9fd9fc2ce057e635.jpg

Lobster tail entree (the 2nd picture shows it out of the tail, and our server brought extra) [emoji4]:

64cf2190e85c9aafe0c766de984fa0cd.jpg

3a4cd34f029bacbd6bfab096dee3cd14.jpg

I checked the television in the stateroom. There is a screen for Luminae, but no menu once you click on the name of the restaurant. I’m sorry!

:D Thank You!!

The ONLY reason I would book ahead of time is if I really wanted a certain date or time. Like if you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary or know you want 6:30 pm on chic night, etc.

However, if you are flexible, I would wait to book onboard. They offer a minimum of 30% to book, but you should start looking at making your reservations shortly after you board. The time slots start filling up pretty quickly once people learn of the discount.

Okay, so my favorites...this is totally subjective, but we both loved Lawn Club Grill. It’s outdoors, but they have heaters built in to the beams above the seating area, so I think it would still be comfortable even if the weather is a little cooler out.

Murano is always an elegant and delicious dinner. Absolutely no complaints!!

We didn’t try the Porch or Sushi on Five. I really wanted to do SoF, but Mark sees sushi on the menu and I think he just assumes it’s all sushi. Like everything gets infected with sushi cooties. [emoji53]

If I had to tell you to choose, I would say LCG and Murano are not to be missed.

If after that you are still looking for somewhere else to dine, Qsine is interesting and very entertaining. It is better enjoyed at a table for four (I think) because everything is served tapas style and shared around the table. You can enjoy a larger variety with more than two people. But we’ve done it with just the two of us and we still had fun.

Tuscan Grill can be hit or miss. I think the food is pretty solid if you stick with what they generally do best. The steaks and the pasta. My steak this time (the ribeye) was just about perfect. The service isn’t always as great as some (well, actually all) of the other specialty restaurants, but this time was great for us. If you get a discount here and you like the menu, it’s worth it.

I hope this helps. If you have a specific question about any of the specialty restaurants let me know. I will answer if I can!

Took some pictures around the ship this afternoon. I really don’t want to leave!

They created this gingerbread village in the Grand Foyer on deck 3 a few days ago. It looks amazing with all the twinkling lights!

117c2695d258ee5f5931e779f88e35fa.jpg

And a view of the main staircase. They’ve had it set up to take formal portraits a couple of nights. And I’ve seen some people doing their own during the day.

688d26dc7cef53adb9f113010d004775.jpg

Today’s lunch menu for the main dining room:

d291a0ccb4a06f7d02e03f28a06c234f.jpg

Menu for Sushi on Five:

07d7764c29637d8d1f07ec584bf8cc55.jpg

A view of the layout of the martini bar (looks a lot different at night when it gets popular!):

5d6607256559f8c177062b6467af07ad.jpg

The seating area to the side of the martini bar:

5bdf84df6b53ae9ca88d966141ec3f47.jpg

Cellar Masters:

1bff940026dda0a6a96f7010ddcfd18a.jpg

Cellar Masters 2.0:

c6247eeca018129ecafeb32d6ec50020.jpg

Enomatic wine machines in Cellar Masters (not included on the beverage package):

204121278f9ee63788ff6a4a19ce8c1a.jpg

The gelato case located outside Cafe al Bacio on deck 5:

a5a7162231fa5ac8d52d9e68394f7e4e.jpg

Mark got pistachio and strawberry (it was pretty good):

35556a1b3bd1014cc61d068c92002c54.jpg

I got rum raisin and coffee (this tasted like one of the “yummy” specialty coffees, except frozen...I highly recommend this gelato combination):

7f4b076d5d3680c62b35cdb90b38a19a.jpg

They were having a sale on Michael Kors bags the last Sea day. Some were 10-15% off retail. Plus, no tax. I didn’t get one, but if you have a ton of OBC maybe you’d be interested? Thought I’d share!

0a0c408a465ae0ef496bfddb97bdc592.jpg

They also had brands like Guess, Fossil, Anne Klein and others. They were also on sale and were much less expensive.

fbc466094097f6f2865935834aa4a0b8.jpg

This is the store where they sell for full price. Kate Spade, Furla, Michael Kors, and others.

016cf84bd004821fa81ac8c475f54ada.jpg

They have lots of mid-range and higher-end skin care and makeup:

6ad54d81c25ee230f79962ffcbd8d439.jpg

df78d63a2da261b90831516062e7f70e.jpg