LIVE (kinda live, maybe live?) REFLECTION 10-night Ultimate Caribbean

aring75

If you get a chance , could you do a favor. We booked suite for new year but we have never seen Luminae restaurant menus. Since they are now on the tv screens in room, could you post some pics.....we would be so greatful.

Last time we were in a suite, they had a 14 day menu rotation. I'm not sure how they decide on the rotation if the cruise is less than 14 days. Search here for Luminae menus, I know they have been posted. We were also able to get items from MDR, but the only thing we asked for from that menu was Ecargot, quite often :cool:

Thank you aring for a most entertaining read. I had to stop reading several times to explain to DH what I was laughing at. We also seem to prefer the same food choices. Several times your choice from the menu was what I chose on Equinox in October. Did you book another cruise on board?

So we are finally back home everyone! The Christmas tree is still standing, the cats are happy to see us (well, not really, but they didn't pee in my shoes, so I consider that love), and nothing is on fire. #winning

Looking back at our cruise on board Reflection I have to say we were both pretty happy overall. This was our first time sailing AquaClass. We usually do a regular balcony or maybe Concierge for a minimal upcharge. After the hurricanes though, I think there were so many cancellations that's how we were able to upgrade to AQ for $20 pp for the ENTIRE cruise. From a regular balcony (I think it was 1B - is that a real thing?). For forty bucks we had to give it a try. And we were glad we did. It gave us an idea of what AQ is all about, and now I truly know what I'm willing to pay above and beyond the regular priced cabin (and I think that number would be different for everyone).

We really enjoyed dining in Blu. I found the service to be slower at times than at others, but I think they said we were sailing with every Aqua Class cabin booked. We learned which times were better (quicker) for breakfast and dinner and we would adjust if we didn't feel like a long drawn out meal.

The ship is in great shape and the crew is amazing. We didn't have a bad experience with anyone. In fact, we didn't have a less than great experience with anyone.

The entertainment could use some improvement. We did not go to all of the shows. Maybe we missed the great ones. The illusionist was okay, but kind of hokey. (That might just be me though, I'm a skeptic in general and I should really just learn to sit back and enjoy the nonsense, oops, I mean "magic.") The show the last night was fun. It was a rock and roll (50s and 60s) tribute band. What I found most fun though, was watching the audience members really get into it. Everyone dancing and singing...what a hoot!

The Celebrity singers and dancers are talented in the way that cruise ship singers and dancers are talented. There were a couple of real stand-outs, but it seemed like they were decent and the production shows were the real head-scratchers. I mean, if anyone can give me a serious run-down on "Elysium" I would SO MUCH appreciate it. You just don't know. I leaned over to Mark at one point during that show and actually said, "I have no idea what is happening right now. What is even happening right now?" He said, "I think that's the show. You're not supposed to know."

Yeah. He's deep.

There were several areas of live music around the ship at night, and a band played by the pool during the day. They piped music into some areas (like specialty restaurants, the adult pool area, Cellar Masters, the Spa, etc.).

The disembarkation process went pretty smoothly overall. We were scheduled to be called at 8:45am. It seemed like they got off to a slow start, but pretty quickly picked up speed. They called us at 8:55am. We had our luggage, got through customs, and were at our car at 9:07am. Not bad, right?

I loved our entire cruise on Reflection. Even if service in Blu was occasionally slow (the food was wonderful and the servers were amazing!) and the entertainment has been better on some of the other lines we've sailed...I would not hesitate to book another cruise on Reflection or with Celebrity.

Thank you aring for a most entertaining read. I had to stop reading several times to explain to DH what I was laughing at. We also seem to prefer the same food choices. Several times your choice from the menu was what I chose on Equinox in October. Did you book another cruise on board?

We did an open booking (I know it's better to book a specific cruise, but we have too many things planned over the next year and a half). We will definitely be sailing with Celebrity again. We just have to figure out when!

We did an open booking (I know it's better to book a specific cruise, but we have too many things planned over the next year and a half). We will definitely be sailing with Celebrity again. We just have to figure out when!

How did the upgrade work? Did you approach X or did they approach you? We're on Silhouette 3/11/18 and might be interested if the price is right. Thanks again for the great thread - DW and I are getting addicted to these kinds of reviews.

How did the upgrade work? Did you approach X or did they approach you? We're on Silhouette 3/11/18 and might be interested if the price is right. Thanks again for the great thread - DW and I are getting addicted to these kinds of reviews.

I upgraded on my own. Mostly. I watched as the prices kept coming down and coming down. Well, there are no discounts after final payment (at least, not technically). However, the price for the A1 category cabins came down so far that we would only have to pay $40 (even adding back all of the Go Best perks) to upgrade to A1. So I contacted our TA, explained all of this and asked if he could make it happen. An hour and a half later, we were in AQ with all of our same perks. :D

• 3 weeks later...

And I googled “dram.” It is either a unit of measure totaling 1/8th gram, 1/16th gram, or it is a Scottish word that is slang for alcohol - most commonly scotch whiskey.

A "dram" is a Scots word for a measure of whisky (no "e"). Usually used is sayings like:

"Would you like a wee dram?"

You can also use the term "hauf" (half) as in "Would you like a wee hauf?"

Hauf in this case refers to the measure of half a gil.

I hope this is of some interest.

• Like 1

A "dram" is a Scots word for a measure of whisky (no "e"). Usually used is sayings like:

"Would you like a wee dram?"

You can also use the term "hauf" (half) as in "Would you like a wee hauf?"

Hauf in this case refers to the measure of half a gil.

I hope this is of some interest.

Thanks ElmaLee! I appreciate the info. I think I would have liked it better if the drink description had mentioned whisky (no "e"). A little less confusion for some of your American compatriots me-thinks!

Of course, either way, I still would have ordered it. :D

We found that the new card holder is useless. Why carry an added piece of nothing just to hold your card. The older style would contain your sea pass, CC, and ID along with cash.

Can you share the burger in the Grill? It looks rather large for one person, at least for us as it would be our total calorie intake for the day and not leave any calories for drinks.

It looks as if you have a large balcony. Seeing that is it really worth getting a alcove instead of sitting on and enjoying your balcony? I am asking because we have cabin 2106 (also AQ) booked and it has a large balcony on the slant with easy access to the bars and we can always get room service. We don’t want to be in the sun ( malanoma ) and don’t need to be where the “action” is or be seen.

I am enjoying your experience and confirms my choice of cruise and ship.

Thanks for answering my question

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We had 2106 and all we can say it was the best move we made. The location is perfect to the spa, Aqua cafe, Solarium and pool area. And to top it off we had the best cabin steward we have ever had ! The view is the best and this was the second time we had the cabin ! Have a great trip !

I have to concur with all of the positive remarks that others have noted about your review... Great photos, commentary and humor. You both were in the right frame of mind, took a slight risk with all the changes, yet had wonderful experiences that you shared with all of us...many thanks for such a thorough review. Sadly, we have to wait until the end of April for our next cruise, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback! I have to admit, I enjoyed the daily (and sometimes current) re-cap of our vacation. I’m hoping I can do it again next time. Although, we haven’t booked our next Celebrity trip yet, we have our 20-year anniversary cruise booked for June 2019! A 12- night Mediterranean/Greek Isles on RCL Vision OTS.

I’m so excited [emoji38]. But also realize that it’s way too far away. Going to have to find one between now and then to hold us over!

If we do, don’t you worry. I’ll tell you ALL about it. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your entertaining and informative review! You’ve given me some great ideas for our first Caribbean cruise in December😊 And your lovely photos have given me flashbacks to snorkeling in Barbados and Hawaii😁 Wishing you many more enjoyable cruises. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful travelogue! We have sailed Equinox & Solstice in Aqua several times so the Lawn Club descriptions were particularly interesting.

Our next cruise is Edge next January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Sure! I can tell you what we have received so far. I know there’s a website page that lists everything, but the internet is just “okay” from here. I might be able find it later.

-We got 4 bottles of water when we arrived this morning.

-There’s a phone with a direct connection to the bar steward. If you have a drink package it will apply and they bring you anything you want from the bar.

-They bring any food for free from the room service menu, and will bring food from The Porch or Lawn Club Grill for the normal cost of dining there.

-Early afternoon you get a fruit plate with melon, pineapple, grapes, and berries.

-Also early afternoon you get a cheese plate. Looks like cheddar, blue cheese, Brie, pepper jack, and (maybe) baby Swiss. Also has dried apricots and more grapes. Plus crackers.

-You get a bottle of sparkling wine on ice (with glasses).

-A plate of strawberries delivered later in the day.

-There are four pool towels in the alcove for your use.

-There are two large chairs (one has a large ottoman/footstool) and a lounger-style sofa.

I will update if I remember anything else, or if anything else comes up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first saw the "Alcove" deal I though "why bother" but am now reconsidering for the sea days!

Do they get booked out/Is it necessary to get in early to book them?