LIVE (kinda live, maybe live?) REFLECTION 10-night Ultimate Caribbean

aring75

We found that the new card holder is useless. Why carry an added piece of nothing just to hold your card. The older style would contain your sea pass, CC, and ID along with cash.

Can you share the burger in the Grill? It looks rather large for one person, at least for us as it would be our total calorie intake for the day and not leave any calories for drinks.

It looks as if you have a large balcony. Seeing that is it really worth getting a alcove instead of sitting on and enjoying your balcony? I am asking because we have cabin 2106 (also AQ) booked and it has a large balcony on the slant with easy access to the bars and we can always get room service. We don’t want to be in the sun ( malanoma ) and don’t need to be where the “action” is or be seen.

I am enjoying your experience and confirms my choice of cruise and ship.

Thanks for answering my question

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Loving your post, and your writing style! Definitely following. We booked a cruise on the Silhouette for November/December 2018. Love the photos of the atrium Christmas decorations, and hoping our cruise will feature a similar sight. Thanks for posting!

Great review! We have alcoves booked for our upcoming trip. Do you find you have good shade? It is very windy when at sea? Booked to have a place to be with our baby rather than fighting for space on deck. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all! This is a review of the 10-night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity’s Reflection. I don’t know what makes it “ultimate,” but I do know now why they simply call it “Caribbean” Cruise. They don’t like to get too specific when you’re cruising during, after, or anywhere near hurricane season.

When we booked our cruise, our itinerary looked like this:

417ff620f7978263e41f61cf52a2bc9f.jpg

Then it was changed to this:

00fa0f525b9ad93e7bfb30de8d5d6dca.jpg

And then this:

5f4aade1154ba645cb34b88d6c566b7f.jpg

As of December 8, 2017, it is now as follows:

4b1bb20880d26b6d151629a90c3966d9.jpg

No idea if we will actually follow this itinerary or if Celebrity will wait until we all get on board and say, “Just Kidding!!!” But we have our shore excursions booked, our fingers crossed, and our drink packages at the ready! We will take everything as it comes and won’t sweat the details.

We have an internet package, so I will try to update from the ship. I’ve never done this before though, so I make no guarantees!

Go with the flow and enjoy.

HI! What was your room number?

Yay! On the ship. Finally. The lines were terrible. Not sure why, but everyone said they waited longer than they were used to. Of course, we arrived at 12:30 PM. A busy time in general.

We are in AquaClass (A1) this trip so cabin pictures are below. Muster drill starting in 15 minutes, so be back later.

ab5a209ceaa8f576ec44cedf2fc4a4d4.jpg

100e32ccf9e7e38d0b246e3c6f850cd3.jpg

b61bc93df26c400a06a2da46dc028d92.jpg

1050be1f9913d3bcda76d99b815e4f53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We found that the new card holder is useless. Why carry an added piece of nothing just to hold your card. The older style would contain your sea pass, CC, and ID along with cash.

Can you share the burger in the Grill? It looks rather large for one person, at least for us as it would be our total calorie intake for the day and not leave any calories for drinks.

It looks as if you have a large balcony. Seeing that is it really worth getting a alcove instead of sitting on and enjoying your balcony? I am asking because we have cabin 2106 (also AQ) booked and it has a large balcony on the slant with easy access to the bars and we can always get room service. We don’t want to be in the sun ( malanoma ) and don’t need to be where the “action” is or be seen.

I am enjoying your experience and confirms my choice of cruise and ship.

Thanks for answering my question

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji924][emoji631][emoji560]

First, you could absolutely share a burger. In fact, Mark and I agreed it would probably be better to have the salad, share a burger, and then decide whether to eat your own dessert or share. Just keep in mind that the same cover charge would still apply. They were offering 30% discounts even for lunch on the first two days of our cruise.

To answer your second question, we have your exact balcony just on the opposite side of the ship. It is perfect for relaxing. Great size, and has two loungers and a small table. You would need to order room service and go get your own drinks from the bar, or you could get something from the OVC. Keep in mind that the Oceanview is at the other end of the ship. But the Mast Grill is just two decks up if you feel like a “free” burger! [emoji3]

Great review! We have alcoves booked for our upcoming trip. Do you find you have good shade? It is very windy when at sea? Booked to have a place to be with our baby rather than fighting for space on deck. Thanks!

For our cruise itinerary and time of year, the port side alcoves have better shade early in the day (from about 10:30am to 2pm).

It has been a bit windy, however, even when it has been quite windy on deck inside the alcoves are breezy, but not too bad. The high side walls seem to block a lot of the wind. One thing though — the canopy is made from a heavy white tarp. It can get a little loud if the wind catches it and shakes it. I don’t know if it would bother you (it kind of became background noise for us) but I thought I would mention it.

We had dinner at the Lawn Club Grill last night. They gave us a discount on the first night to make a reservation. Mark was excited because the restaurant manager here told him that for evening chic night, the dress was still casual. Still we didn’t want to wear shorts around the ship while everyone else was dressed nice, so he wore khaki pants and a collared shirt. I wore a maxi dress.

We fit in just fine. There were still some people in their evening finery, but the suit jackets mostly ended up on backs of chairs.

The menu:

0e9c27ada9297bf879481b677e7def97.jpg

Drinks (this one was laminated and I kept getting glare, sorry!):

e14df1c043504e657685910e5583ba3b.jpg

Okay, so here they suggest that for two people you share a flatbread and then help yourself to the salad bar. We decided on the BBQ chicken flatbread and got our salad while we were waiting (which seemed to be what most people did).

The salad bar was almost the same as at lunch (just a few different toppings):

f5d89869a71e09a636276f7eb805a42e.jpg

And when the flatbread (Isn’t this just pizza? This used to be pizza.) was delivered, we dug in before I got my picture!

b1343ed05f80d2f9bf6b67f0623dd80e.jpg

They tell you to order in such a way that you have “plenty to share.” Apparently they have never met my husband. He doesn’t really do that. I mean, not with food. This was a completely foreign concept.

I order the shrimp&scallop kebab and also the filet kebab. Then for my side I requested the lobster mac & cheese. Mark got the whole filet and bratwurst. And a baked potato. He also got a side of creamed corn.

Wait, what? Yep. I made that face too! Why Mark? Why would you do that?! Except when I think of creamed corn I think of my grandma opening a can and heating it up. It was vile. And looked even more vile. This was...well, I guess just not like that. It was obviously freshly made. I tasted a bite (hesitantly) and it was actually good! Sweet corn, but it had a slightly spicy kick to it at the end. The sleeper hit of the evening.

So I did it again. I started eating before I took a picture. I told Mark he’s not allowed to let me do that anymore. He mmm-hmmmmed between bites and nodded. I’m sure we’ve got it under control now.

Just imagine this plate with two scallops and another shrimp.

aa11c8466fdcf6967e5248389cbb9300.jpg

These are the freshly made sauces for use with all of your grilled meats. Also, butter and sour cream for the baked potato.

3fc2194fe1ffa13176d557f1ce28b49f.jpg

And then there was dessert. I opted for the blueberry crumble.

42f3f6298542aab8879854d90aea4dff.jpg

Just to recap. We enjoyed eating here a lot. This seemed way more like Mark’s thing, but I think I ended up liking it just as much. We would definitely do this again!

Today we are in Antigua. Mark and I are doing a catamaran sail and snorkel at Green Island with a BBQ lunch. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Hello: Do you know if Cafe al Bacio has any holiday themed beverages (i.e. gingerbread latte or peppermint mocha)? Thank you .

Hmmm...I don’t know. But I will see if I can find out!

Last night after dinner we decided to try the martini bar. It was busy as usual, but had a fun atmosphere. Almost all of the martinis are included with the premium package and there would be a small upcharge per drink with the classic.

28e6a693ab0a152d73713612cdfe302e.jpg

ffa19771c8081cb31a8ea29635c37365.jpg

1474d6cba1a3e253da0b8be0e5fef413.jpg

Apologies! The first page of the menu isn’t showing up on my phone. Looks like we may have to make another trip. Darn it.

c701d4f28a50f760306303036fb01d26.jpg

Today’s excursion was a ship sponsored catamaran sail and snorkel. I usually like to book private tours because you seem to get a lot more time to swim, but I booked this one after all our ports started changing. Mark felt better especially since we had a pretty early departure (3:30).

Our sail took us on a 360 degree tour of the island. Half of it before our snorkel stop and half after. We stopped a private island called “Green Island” and snorkeled for around two-ish hours before they served us lunch.

Unfortunately, they didn’t let us go out in our own. We had to stay as a group. (Boo.) Also, they have been experiencing high concentrations of sea urchins on the reef. So they wouldn’t let us snorkel there. Umm...that’s kinda where you want to snorkel folks.

All-in-all it was still a good day. The weather was beautiful, the water was perfect, and the crew of the Excellence was friendly and attentive. I wish the snorkeling had been better, but we still saw quite a few fish!

d93ea23d06d012a35bea40e90ef77c03.jpg

02e8f682abbcb37a54a47acf16134e09.jpg

89e5f1765ac96c1408f732bc2c32c225.jpg

81c3566b8268dcee065ee713dd6ad07f.jpg

After snorkeling, they had everyone come back aboard and they served a BBQ lunch. Lunch consisted of BBQ chicken, fish (you could have two pieces of one or one piece each), pasta salad, rice and beans (hot sauce optional [emoji4]), freshly made salad with Italian dressing, and many drink choices. The food was good and quite plentiful. You could have the local beer, red or white wine, rum punch, rum & coke, an assortment of sodas or juices, or water.

b97613a1e1e704c249d4016b3a69f1d8.jpg

f23218111e9b36f267bd531620bc1336.jpg

After lunch we were given another 30-45 minutes to swim/sunbathe before it was time to leave.

This is the little cove where we pulled in and anchored.

17601fe0f71e0f006d9c6e3da8426ba2.jpg

The catamaran pulled all the way up to the beach and dropped a set of stairs. You could practically walk right on to the beach. Some snorkeling excursions have you swim directly from the boat in 20-30 ft of water. I thought this would be a great tour for beginning snorkelers!

9881d3106145a086378fc7f6ea06ac67.jpg

After snorkeling and lunch were finished, we headed back to complete our loop of Antigua. We stopped in a couple of harbors along the way and saw several enormous yachts. No pictures. Sorry, I was just too tired. At this point I was ready to get back and take a nice long shower!

I think this was a good tour. Again, if you were there when they were allowing snorkeling out in the reef, I think you would see a lot more fish. I’m still pretty satisfied overall!

We were on the same excursion today and were very disappointed that we had to stay with the group, rather than being able to do our own thing. After getting kicked in the head twice I came in. I think their mistake was mixing all skill levels into a single group. Other than that, the weather was outstanding. aring75 I am enjoying your take on the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the same excursion today and were very disappointed that we had to stay with the group, rather than being able to do our own thing. After getting kicked in the head twice I came in. I think their mistake was mixing all skill levels into a single group. Other than that, the weather was outstanding. aring75 I am enjoying your take on the cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree! Having to stay in one big group was the worst part!!! I think it would have been better to at least break it up into two groups with a beginner group and then intermediate/experienced.

We are snorkeling in St Thomas and hoping for more leeway!

After snorkeling and lunch were finished, we headed back to complete our loop of Antigua. We stopped in a couple of harbors along the way and saw several enormous yachts. No pictures. Sorry, I was just too tired. At this point I was ready to get back and take a nice long shower!

I think this was a good tour. Again, if you were there when they were allowing snorkeling out in the reef, I think you would see a lot more fish. I’m still pretty satisfied overall!

By any chance would you know if the Cocobay Resort is relatively close to the dock?

QQ - never having been on X, are the alcoves available for anyone to reserve or just for certain levels.

Anyone can reserve! You can book ahead of time using your cruise planner. Just go to the specialty restaurant section. Or you can call. Either way, you can using any existing OBC you may have.