LIVE (kinda live, maybe live?) REFLECTION 10-night Ultimate Caribbean

aring75

Doing a transatlantic on Reflection in 2019. Interested in knowing if smoke is noticeable in any spots. We booked on deck 6 port side note realizing the smoking area may be right below us.

That smoking area on deck 5 seems pretty heavily utilized. I agree that you would probably be happier starboard side or perhaps on a higher deck. You just want to be sure you can use your balcony. If you think the smoke will bother you, better to make the change while you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably will switch if I can ever get logged into the site. :( Our TA is east to west, though, so wouldn't the port side get more sun? My science classes are over 50 years ago but I think the sun would rise in the east, transit through the south and set in the west. Or maybe I have that transit backwards - what did I do with that bottle of Makers Mark..........

I did ask someone that was doing the TA this past fall on Reflection and they mentioned that if you want sun on the balcony you needed to book Starboard...I'm hoping this is correct!

Is it best to book alcove in advance? Is the price for the entire day? What about on port days?

Today was a Sea day and 6 out of 10 of the alcoves were reserved. You could probably book onboard. We had quite a bit of OBC and booked the four Sea days in advance.

Yes, the price is from 9am to 9pm and some nights they have a concert on the lawn. You can use your alcove until it’s over.

Port days are quite a bit cheaper than Sea days. If there’s a stop on your itinerary where you think you may not get off the ship, or may not spend much time ashore, you could save a lot of money but still use your alcove the entire day!

I did ask someone that was doing the TA this past fall on Reflection and they mentioned that if you want sun on the balcony you needed to book Starboard...I'm hoping this is correct!

We switched to starboard anyway because of the smoke. Port is left, starboard is right. Hopefully whoever told you knew their right from their left. :confused: But if that's our biggest issue for the cruise it will be a success.

We switched to starboard anyway because of the smoke. Port is left, starboard is right. Hopefully whoever told you knew their right from their left. :confused: But if that's our biggest issue for the cruise it will be a success.

Haha, so true, if we don't have morning sun then hopefully we'll get great sunsets!! I can't handle smoke so we'll stick with our starboard cabin so we can enjoy the balcony sun or no sun!

Today was a Sea day and 6 out of 10 of the alcoves were reserved. You could probably book onboard. We had quite a bit of OBC and booked the four Sea days in advance.

Yes, the price is from 9am to 9pm and some nights they have a concert on the lawn. You can use your alcove until it’s over.

Port days are quite a bit cheaper than Sea days. If there’s a stop on your itinerary where you think you may not get off the ship, or may not spend much time ashore, you could save a lot of money but still use your alcove the entire day!

Thanks [emoji1374]

Yes we stop in Cozumel and it appears so do many other ships that day (12/20). I think it may be crowded on board too for that reason. Since we are regulars on Western Caribbean itineraries we have just been there twice and have three booked already next year (on Royal). I just wondered if you get deprived of amenities in any way since restaurants not open ...not sure what else? My husband has mobility issues so we do like to find quiet places to sit, preferably with at least bar service. Internet without leaving the ship would be a big plus too since we didn’t purchase package for this cruise.

We booked an Alcove for our Sicily day on Reflection this year - we were the only one booked in Alcove that day and thoroughly spoiled. We got as much water as we needed, the exact same fruit and cheese plates as pictured here and a room service menu - they would have arranged it for us if wanted. They offered to get our drinks but I needed the walk to the Sunset Bar! We didn’t get the sparkling wine. No internet included as far as I know.

Wendy

We booked an Alcove for our Sicily day on Reflection this year - we were the only one booked in Alcove that day and thoroughly spoiled. We got as much water as we needed, the exact same fruit and cheese plates as pictured here and a room service menu - they would have arranged it for us if wanted. They offered to get our drinks but I needed the walk to the Sunset Bar! We didn’t get the sparkling wine. No internet included as far as I know.

Wendy

Thank you. I just notice there is an asterisk and * extra fee applies for Internet. That sure would nail it for me. My husband still thinks we should do it knowing how crowded the port and possibly the ship will be. These pix helped convince him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

RoLoHa

We have sailed Reflection 6times and book the Alcove for the week (you get 1free day). I have mobility issues as well and the Alcove helps to have an area to go throughout the day without worrying about chairs, crowds etc. no free internet, as you need to use included minutes (elite) or get the package.

If you figure out what to stick that grey "room card" holder to, please post it here. I would have stuck it to my cellphone, but then it would have spent the entire cruise in the safe :) Warning: irrespective of whether you use that holder or not, if your room card gets close to any magnet (ipad cover, kindle cover,....) you will be visiting guest services for a new card.

Got back to the room last night and this was waiting. [emoji3]

1a63f430ce27779370fcfa937ddd7b1e.jpg

fb042f231b661ea3626cf4ecc1350e06.jpg

Seems to be the updated version of the blue leather style card cases.

I actually like the new spongy feeling one...dh prefers the old style..

Did you get one or two? They only gave us one at first...

Seems to be the updated version of the blue leather style card cases.

I actually like the new spongy feeling one...dh prefers the old style..

Did you get one or two? They only gave us one at first...

We have one of the magnetic and just one of these new “snappy” ones. Seems like they must be changing over to these now. Too many complaints of demagnetized cards I would guess!!

Hi leesre! I can see your text, but if you posted a photo I can’t see it.

Lol, never mind. I didn’t see you were quoting me. [emoji23]

Celebrity Today - Day 3 (at Sea)

ce49b745715dc2e731efb6eae9c06f37.jpg

9f0caa36960fd36336b0ba0ff7d55893.jpg

98784115f27f46bec9cf9e5fb51438e1.jpg

c2b8655dde7e259333e7bf5ca1cd4535.jpg

Sorry about my fingers in the last photo. Had to retake the picture and it’s a little windy in the alcoves today people! [emoji3]

Celebrity Today - Day 3 (at Sea)

ce49b745715dc2e731efb6eae9c06f37.jpg

9f0caa36960fd36336b0ba0ff7d55893.jpg

98784115f27f46bec9cf9e5fb51438e1.jpg

c2b8655dde7e259333e7bf5ca1cd4535.jpg

Sorry about my fingers in the last photo. Had to retake the picture and it’s a little windy in the alcoves today people! [emoji3]

A little windy in the Alcoves is it? I'm trying to be sympathetic. Really trying.....nope. Not happening. But I did try - really. :cool:

Fair enough cltnccruisers! [emoji4]

Just a couple of notes about dining in Blu (although we have only been there two nights and two mornings so far). The food has been quite good. Both Mark and I have agreed it is a step above most of what you get in the MDR, and the filet on the first night was delicious. Cooked perfectly, and I’m pretty sure I could have cut it with my fork.

However, it is busy. That means every meal has been slow. This morning’s breakfast was excruciatingly so. The staff is friendly and welcoming, and if you have time for a leisurely meal, it’s definitely worth it. It might take too long in the morning if you have time-sensitive plans.

Now. I have still heard complaints. There was a table with two women sitting next to us the first night. I’m pretty sure the had a competition going to see who could grumble the loudest.

Lady #1: Well, this is barely edible. What did they call this stuff again?

Lady #2: Shrimp cocktail. It’s too cold. And the sauce is terrible. I don’t even know why they would serve this to people.

Lady #1: (next course) What kind of fish is this even supposed to be. I’ve never heard of it. I’m not eating something I’ve never even heard of. (Note: She cleaned her plate.)

Lady #2: Might as well not even order dessert. I can’t imagine it would be any good.

I would like to take a moment to point out that these two women finished every course. I mean, nothing was left behind. I do understand that some people don’t like “wasting” food, but they dug in with such gusto that it became comical to see what they would say with each plate.

Guys, I wanted to do a little video, or at least take a picture of their spotless plates, but Mark was all, “Stop that! You’re embarrassing me! You can’t take video of strangers.”

I’m not sure that’s an actual RULE or anything, but you can blame him that you only got the written play-by-play. And you’ll have to take my word for it...it was funny.

Saw this beautiful sight from our balcony this morning.

b0386083498a98aba80b69fbab31b30a.jpg

Seems she’s been steadily gaining on us all morning.

687d79feec1cca8207d1138074ae56b0.jpg

I think it’s the Silhouette. We share some of the same ports this cruise.