warning for POM

LHT28

if Oceania security wanted to get in my bags they should have called us & we would have gladly opened it for them

Reception doubted it was ship's personnel

we had carry on size bags but due to the melee at the port when we arrived decided not to drag them aboard ourselves

lesson learned

We have taken our IT carry on’s on ten or so flights and always as checked bagge as well as several cruises

We love our luggage still in perfect condition and extremely light weight. Give IT a try.

We also use IT. Fabulous. Very good prices ebags.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bitob

I don't disagree with not using expensive luggage, but otherwise "best advice" from whom? Not someone who's actually seen insurance claim data I suspect.

By the way there's another reason besides theft prevention to secure your luggage with a lock or a cable tie. It helps prevent accidental opening of the bag as it gets tossed around by airport and cruise port baggage handlers.

Advice from an expert. We will just have to agree to disagree

glad to hear about IT. We have an O cruise Mumbai-Rome Apr-May'18 ( here's hoping we dock at all the ports!!!) and then a Train Adventure for 3 wks through Italy.

thanks for the great reviews of IT and of web addresses! i want to find IT in a store somewhere so I can eyeball it then begin to compare prices.

I want 1 lightweight bag 25"-26" with 2 wheels so I can maneuver it through train stations and over cobblestones.

I aim to take advantage of the free laundry and simply not take many clothes, except the dreaded long pants and long sleeve shirts for the more conservative areas where I must cover up.

thanks again!

IT luggage is:

Inexpensive

Reasonably durable

Exceptionally light

Sometimes found at Marshall’s or T J Max

Searching through works like a charm

Pricing should be about $50-80 for 21 to 26 inch

Sounds too good to be true - a $50 piece of luggage being "reasonably durable".

What does reasonably durable actually mean? I know what lifetime warranty means.

my fave carry on is a freebie i got as a Durham Bulls Baseball mini-season ticket holder--shoulder strap, side pockets, roomy.....there is no way anyone could look at it, then look at me, and think "wow, she's sophisticated and fab....let's rob her!!!"

The "big" suitcase is one we got from Oahu ATW16 when the wheels of my other suitcase was broken Day 1...so we took the free shuttle to Walmart, along with half of the passengers and most of the crew, and got stuff.

The suitcase has a big green H on the front...so, no designer luggage for us!!! Although, having said that, I am in the market for a 2 wheeled ultra-lightweight suitcase --been told to look at IT luggage. Anybody know anything about IT??

Love my IT luggage. Highly recommend IT!

Could it have been POM security, rather than Oceania security? If they wanted to open your bag for some security reason, and they couldn't easily unlock it, then yes they would cut your lock off. If they needed to makes checks before bringing the luggage aboard they would not waste time looking for you, to unlock it for them.

Although you officially don't have to use a TSA approved lock for cruises, I always do anyway just in case.

We embarked in Miami last week

when our bags finally arrived

one had the lock missing the other the lock had been cut through but not taken off

We boarded the Insignia in Miami yesterday. I gave 3 bags to the porter. There were name tags AND Oceania luggage tags securely on all the bags. 2 of the 3 arrived by sailaway and they assured me that bags were still being delivered and not to worry. But by 9pm I went to Guest Services and they had my bag! Someone had cut off both tags and they didn't know who it belonged to. Luckily it was locked and nothing missing.