Refrigerators

MarvelMania

Definitely second keeping the door open. The one I had on Glory in October pretty near froze my chocolate covered strawberries. But then again it wasn’t in a cabinet, it was on the counter in a HC cabin.

On Conquest in August I had the same HC cabin and the fridge was below the counter, not in a cabinet and that one got super cold too.

But I haven’t had any issues previously if you leave the cabinet open. It really helps with the circulation and keeps things plenty cold.

We have found that the fridges (even those in the cabinets) do a decent job of cooling down the water and soda we pre-order very quickly and the bottles are nice and cold to the touch. I wouldn't classify it as a cooler. Perhaps they have replace the old fridges that didn't cool anything down?

When I was on the Breeze last week, I put a 12 pack of water in the "cooler" when I first got to the cabin. By dinner time, it was "cool". I then remember to prop the cabinet door open to get decent refridgeration. I used a hand towel folded over about mid way down the door so it was only opened about 2". Voila, cold water.

I told my cabin steward so he wouldn't remove the towel, and I was good for the rest of the week.

Remember that refridgeration is the removal of heat from a unit through its evaporator (the fins usually at the back or bottom of a unit) and not introducing cold air into it.

We were on Dream in January and, after all the discussion here about these mini-fridges, I pulled it out and had a look. It was not a compressor based unit, just a thermoelectric type cooler. Maybe changed out in the drydock that's happened since them. But definitely no compressor. Spa balcony cabin, don't recall the exact number.

Unless things have changed on all the Carnival ships, they all have a small refrigerator in the room. The BAD part, they don't keep anything cool. A person would be better putting ice around the object, then putting it in the refrigerator, as it would keep it colder that way.