Aboard the Seaside LIVE! Not Good!

Sailfish

Thanks. Only on for the night and the only time we leave the dock is when we move from Terminal B to Terminal F around 2 am.

We actually get off the ship and the main events take place on land and then we go back on around 8.

Oh wow I️ didn’t realize it wasn’t going out to sea. It would have been nice even it was a cruise to nowhere. Still I️ image it will be fun.

Have a great time [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Captain announced we are docking later tonight, ahead of schedule. We are planning to walk off early tomorrow, so this is good news for us. He said the pilot will be on the ship around 10pm, but possibly sooner. The ship is being scrubbed top to bottom. Carpets looking good. All the best to everyone boarding the ship on Friday.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

So typical of MSC, they took a port stop off us on the first Divina T.A so it would be in Miami a day early and no other ships would be in the port!
I think the Seaside is simply arriving a head of schedule. I am okay with an early debarkation, as I am anxious to get off the ship and go home. It's been a long voyage and it will go down as one of our worst crossings.

The ship finally is looking great. It's clean and staff are making preparations for the "real cruise". Many staff could care less what we thought. I personally managed to enjoy myself. The ports were excellent, and we kept busy on sea days. They finally got the thermal Spa working today.

I think having the Seaside in Miami will be good for South Florida. Things will improve. Just wondering if the US market will like the ship.

I'll watch for you coming in tonight! We don't normally see cruise ships coming in late so it won't be hard to miss you. It will be interesting to see a cruise ship docked there over night as we don't normally get to see that.

Hope you can enjoy your last night on board.

The ship finally is looking great. It's clean and staff are making preparations for the "real cruise". Many staff could care less what we thought.

This is sort of how I felt on the NORWEGIAN ESCAPE inaugural crossing. I felt like we were test subjects as they figured out what worked best, and they were much more concerned about Miami and those boarding then.

It is what it is. Still had a great time but having done several of these inaugural crossings I know what to expect.

Best to wait a month or two after any ship enters service if you’re looking for a “normal” experience.

So they are making the fee paying customers get off early so the free loaders can board early !:confused:

I’m not sure anyone is being forced to get off early. I’m guessing those who can carry off their own luggage can leave as early as 0630. I’ve experienced that on more than one ship. Those taking part in the traditional disembarkation process will probably be business as usual with the times.

I doubt MSC is paying the longshoremen overtime to be there at 1am to offload luggage. That would also mean pax would have to put out their luggage at like 6 or 7pm.

We were told 6:30am for walk off, but we were encouraged to be ready to leave as early as 6am if we chose to do so. Given we have to go to Fort Lauderdale, I am appreciating getting an early start. It's been 84 days since we have been home.

Have a safe trip home tomorrow!

Thanks for the review. Most newbuilds take several months to work out the issues, complete finish work, and allow the crew some time to learn how to function as a team. As one who has done extensive cruising for forty years we have learned to avoid newbuilds during the first few months. Having done 1 maiden voyage (on a RCI ship) we would never take that plunge again :).

Hank

We were told 6:30am for walk off, but we were encouraged to be ready to leave as early as 6am if we chose to do so. Given we have to go to Fort Lauderdale, I am appreciating getting an early start. It's been 84 days since we have been home.

Hope you made it home safe. Thanks for sharing honest details and insights about your TA.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When does your mini cruise come back? Is it coming back on the 22nd or 23rd

It doesn't leave the port, only moves from one terminal to another at 2 am. We are off the ship tomorrow which is Friday by 9 am.

My girlfriend and I are hoping that we can actually get off tonight after the events since we both live so very close to the port. I can actually see the ship from my place.

I believe Homeland Security stopped the 2 night things some months ago, I recall reading about it.

Either tonight or tomorrow night (can’t remember) the ship will go on an overnight cruise with a stop at Bimini.

What was halted were the cruises to nowhere, but as long as you make a brief stop at a foreign port I guess everyone is happy.

Was this ¨cruise¨ sold? I mean the one that moves from a terminal to another. Or was it an invite only event?

These inaugural events (including the mini-cruise) are invite only events. Usually selected media, travel partners, and perhaps even some very loyal past passengers. It's all expenses paid for those who are invited, including alcohol, speciality restaurants, internet, etc. Usually very nicely done as the cruise wants glowing reviews and reports. It's a way to buy yourself some good reviews.

It doesn't leave the port, only moves from one terminal to another at 2 am. We are off the ship tomorrow which is Friday by 9 am.

My girlfriend and I are hoping that we can actually get off tonight after the events since we both live so very close to the port. I can actually see the ship from my place.

Carolyn - Maybe you can find out for us, why MSC put some balcony dividers at the very front part of most of the corner GS Suites and thus creating dead space on one side and less usable balcony space for the suite occupants. Thank you.

Again, have a great time on Seaside.

I had a message earlier from the guy who was in 11001 GS regarding disembarkation, they had to be in the Theatre by 7.15 am, off the ship by 8 am and left the building so to speak at 10.15 am.

Sounds like there was a free for all because many cases were missing of people who had been told to leave the ship and the police had to be called to restore order!

Sounds just like when we arrived on the 1st Divina T.A sailing ! Not much changed then .... ;p