Live on westerdam Panama Canal cruise

creel5857

on day 10 of 14 and I will just share a few observations in appreciation for people who posted many helpful comments while we were planning:

1. Embarkation in San Diego was organized but many people came early which meant a delay getting people loaded and we were well past our scheduled time getting on ship....

2. Signature suite was nice with extra space since it was a 14 day trip. Large flat screen tv was great but you can use sofa in room as it it placed underneath tv. Many on ship in non suite rooms commented that their rooms needed facelift as they were not included in facelift this past spring

3. interior in public space has taken a contemporary feel and seating in public spaces (except dining) is very low and hard for seniors to get up out of. As others have said the crows nest has changed with the more contemporary look and low uncomfortable seating unless you get one of the few comfortable lounge type chairs.

4, service in dining room and cabins is great as always BUT the lido service was bad and food a bit lacking.

5. As noted by others, night shows in theater slightly disappointing as compared to other cruislines but we plan our trips on itenerary so we are ok with that

6. Be aware if you and cabin mate both get onboard credit toward internet you can not combine them both toward full voyage internet for one account like you can combine other OBC. And as of today they still have not given me credit for the 50 obc toward internet that my travel agent gave us. Have had multiple discussions

Great weather, great food in ding room and great serviced by most all staff.

Thanks so much for the report. Getting excited since we will be doing the same cruise starting in San Diego to Jan 20, 2018. Could you please tell us how many formal/gala nights there were and which nights they were on? We're trying to make plans for signature dining nights as our son gave us some as Christmas Gift :D

on day 10 of 14 and I will just share a few observations in appreciation for people who posted many helpful comments while we were planning:

3. interior in public space has taken a contemporary feel and seating in public spaces (except dining) is very low and hard for seniors to get up out of. As others have said the crows nest has changed with the more contemporary look and low uncomfortable seating unless you get one of the few comfortable lounge type chairs.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was particularly interested in them as we'll be sailing on the recently refreshed Zuiderdam next summer, in a signature suite. I read your number 3 above to my wife re the low seating (we are in our 60s, and our knees have seen better days), and she said "Who does HAL think is sailing on their ships?" ;p

We were on the Westerdam in late November and were able to combine our two $50 internet credits to pay for the $100 package. I believe they "technically" weren't combined, but both credits were on the final accounting we received.

by the final night on board we received a call from customer service that the 2 different individuals we had spoken to about the internet credits were "new" and "not yet trained" on how to handle the internet credits and we were finally credited up to 100.00 for our internet package. I felt like it was a slip-up all along but ironic that both of these employees were adamant that they could not credit me and never checked with anyone else. The westerdam internet package is still a good option for anyone wanting to stay connected to children or older parents at home. The package we purchased for 2 weeks was 187.00 which included email and social media but not a lot of live streaming.

by the final night on board we received a call from customer service that the 2 different individuals we had spoken to about the internet credits were "new" and "not yet trained" on how to handle the internet credits and we were finally credited up to 100.00 for our internet package. I felt like it was a slip-up all along but ironic that both of these employees were adamant that they could not credit me and never checked with anyone else. The westerdam internet package is still a good option for anyone wanting to stay connected to children or older parents at home. The package we purchased for 2 weeks was 187.00 which included email and social media but not a lot of live streaming.

Good deal. Glad to hear you finally did receive your internet credits.