Oasis Help!

jspang

This is our first timesailing out of Port Canaveral on the Oasis. We will be flying into Orlando on6/2 sailing on 6/3. We will have a party of 8. Two Grandparents, 2 Parents and4 children, 10, 8, 5 & 3. Looking for advice for hotels and transportation.Should we stay in Orlando and shuttle to the port the next day or stay around PortCanaveral after our arrival? Recommendations for shuttle service & cost willbe appreciated. Thank you in advance!

For us, it would depend on how late the flight arrives.

If it arrives in the afternoon, I'd prefer to stay in the port area, have some dinner there and take a hotel shuttle to the ship.

If the flight arrives in the evening, then I'd stay in the airport area and shuttle to the port in the morning.

We use Cortrans shuttle, $20 per person each way.

Some of this depends on what time you land at MCO. But I recommend for people to get out of Orland and stay in Cocoa Beach if you can. It's a nice pace by the ocean with a nice choice of restaurants. As for transportation, we usually rent a car for the trip to Cocoa Beach so you have transporation for dinner, to go the beach or the pier. And we do a shuttle after the cruise back to the airport. For a party of your size, could two cars work or look into a shuttle service like Cortrans or Uber, you just wouldn't be able to get around in Cocoa Beach as easily. We stayed at Homewood Suites last time after the Doubletree on the beach was closed due to the hurricane, it was nice and we were happy with it. There are a few good hotels in that area that people will recommend.

We prefer to stay in the port area. We usually have an early flight out of Philly.

We rent a car and drive to the port area. It's a pretty straight shot from the airport.

Like to wake up have a quick breakfast to hold me over until I can get to Park Cafe for a roast beef sandwich. Then a short 10 -15 drive to the port and the fun begins.

We will be using Cortrans to get us back to the airport afterwards.

Bill

just off OASIS and far from my first RCCL cruise

I do not understand the fascination with the RB sandwich at Park Cafe

I thought this was something we'd missed in previous cruises and made a point to seek it out .....

small sandwich of not memorable roast beef served in a crappy space by servers who seemed to get lost between the food counter and the tables .....

SUBWAY makes a better roast beef sandwich! and I do at home with Boar's Head meats and some fresh rolls .....

we went once and will never return ..... ditto the breakfast at Johnny Rocket's btw ..... yes the omlet is 'closer' to made to order than you'll find in WJ anymore (remember when there was an egg station that cooked to order?) but it still sucks ..... we tried and had NO desire to go back ..... saw may folks 'discussing' with the servers when they had not realized the menu was limited and their kids 'needed' everything that was available in WJ to be happy ........

just off OASIS and far from my first RCCL cruise

I do not understand the fascination with the RB sandwich at Park Cafe

I thought this was something we'd missed in previous cruises and made a point to seek it out .....

small sandwich of not memorable roast beef served in a crappy space by servers who seemed to get lost between the food counter and the tables .....

SUBWAY makes a better roast beef sandwich! and I do at home with Boar's Head meats and some fresh rolls .....

we went once and will never return ..... ditto the breakfast at Johnny Rocket's btw ..... yes the omlet is 'closer' to made to order than you'll find in WJ anymore (remember when there was an egg station that cooked to order?) but it still sucks ..... we tried and had NO desire to go back ..... saw may folks 'discussing' with the servers when they had not realized the menu was limited and their kids 'needed' everything that was available in WJ to be happy ........

I don't care for the roast beef sandwich either. It is like raw fat on a hard salty roll. Not good to me.

Thank you for the info on Cortrans, it sounds like they do a very good job. We will also look at staying in Orlando or going to Port Canaveral for the night. We will look at all options, we are so used to going out of Ft Lauderdale, Miami & San Juan. We have not sailed out of Port Canaveral since the Big Red Boat! Ha!

We have not sailed out of Port Canaveral since the Big Red Boat! Ha!

Now that brings back some memories. We just sailed Oasis in October and we had seven of us with grandkids. We picked Doubletree Suites Melbourne for the larger suite rooms, directly on the beach, and low cost. Great surprise was the outstanding food at the restaurant. It was beyond belief.

We have never used Cortrans as I think when I looked they have a set schedule so if you miss it you wait. We used limos.com, which allowed us to pick any size vehicle, inside meet & greet, and times. We used them from MCO out to Melbourne and then from the hotel to the port. We also needed car seats, which weren't a problem with our hire.

We have also stayed at the Hyatt inside MCO a few times and it's a great hotel. If it was me and I was getting in late I would just stay at the Hyatt and then take the ships shuttle in the AM to the port.

If you were arriving in Orlando earlier I would say stay in Orlando, rent a car, and drive yourself to port. We found a deal on a rental that we are picking up on International Drive and dropping off at Port Canaveral. However, you're sailing out the next day so it may be wise to stay at a hotel near the port (maybe Cocoa Beach) and shuttle over in the morning.

This is our first timesailing out of Port Canaveral on the Oasis. We will be flying into Orlando on6/2 sailing on 6/3. We will have a party of 8. Two Grandparents, 2 Parents and4 children, 10, 8, 5 & 3. Looking for advice for hotels and transportation.Should we stay in Orlando and shuttle to the port the next day or stay around PortCanaveral after our arrival? Recommendations for shuttle service & cost willbe appreciated. Thank you in advance!

If you were arriving in Orlando earlier I would say stay in Orlando, rent a car, and drive yourself to port. We found a deal on a rental that we are picking up on International Drive and dropping off at Port Canaveral. However, you're sailing out the next day so it may be wise to stay at a hotel near the port (maybe Cocoa Beach) and shuttle over in the morning.

I'm thinking that it won't be easy to rent a vehicle that will fit 8 people and their luggage.

I agree RB sandwich not sure what the big hoopla was all about -- I much preferred to bags of chips offered there.

As per transportation -- car service would be the best, cheaper if you do a round trip vs one way (check out yelp/google reviews).

Hi Cruiser,

We are flying in the day before our cruise .Also like to go Cape Canaveral to stay over night before the cruise. We have booked Cortran's Shuttle both ways. We are staying at Radisson Inn in Port Canaveral have stayed on there on other cruises . And will either take their shuttle or taxi to the Terminal . ENJOY your cruise :D

Just waiting to cruise

kruise runner:cool:

I would stay near the port if you can. The Country Inn and Suites has family suites that work perfectly for families. Our room had one king, one individual twin, and twin bunks. Should be able to fit all 4 kids no problem. Also free breakfast.

Residence Inn is also a good choice for families with true two-bedroom suites.

RI is a good choice as they also do free breakfast and some do free cocktails. As Bob pointed, they are "true" two bedroom and two bath units. We have used them frequently when traveling with the grandkids. Nice to have a kitchen also.

RI is a good choice as they also do free breakfast and some do free cocktails. As Bob pointed, they are "true" two bedroom and two bath units. We have used them frequently when traveling with the grandkids. Nice to have a kitchen also.

Plus the common area has a sofa bed, so the suite can sleep 6 if needed.