Cafe Promenade

lele100

I was wondering what kind of sandwiches you can get at Cafe Promenade, I am guessing the Roast Beef sandwich is not available here? Which ones are really good not to miss. Thank you

Forgot to mention on the Independence of the Seas

I was wondering what kind of sandwiches you can get at Cafe Promenade, I am guessing the Roast Beef sandwich is not available here? Which ones are really good not to miss. Thank you

Cafe Promenade does have a roast beef sandwich, but it's cold and different than the one at Park Cafe.

HI CRUISERS & BOB;;

Just thought I would post this as every cruise I have taken lately I talk to people who are not aware of COFFEE at cafe Promenade. The specialty coffee in front at counter is not free and prices posted on wall. Many people state they walk by and see prices and think the coffee is another charge. Coffee is available always in rear and this is FREE. Most have paper to go cups but a couple of the ships only have standard ceramic mugs . In the display case are offerings that are free. Have muffins, sweet rolls etc. in morning, change to small sandwiches ,desserts, etc the remainder of day.

Bob

Just off Indy. There were a selection of sandwiches. Mostly bread with a thin slice of meat lettuce. They did have things like Brie and ham., tuna salad and Turkey and cheese. They also had quesadillas and paninis at Sorrentos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing in the Cafe Promenade qualifies as good enough to not want to miss trying it.

Do they still have pizza at Cafe' Promenade?

On Indy the pizza is in Sorrento's at the other end of the Royal Promenade. It is that way on the three Freedom class ships. On the Voyager class ships the pizza is in the Cafe Promenade as there is no Sorrento's

On the Anthem, Sorrento's Pizza is right next door to Cafe Promenade. Other lunch choices are Cafe@270 for full size roast beef sandwiches, or the Dog House way up in the Seaplex, and the Solarium Cafe. Of course there is the Windjammer, and the MDR is open on sea days, with a combo of table service and a buffet. And there is always the fee based spots like Michael's Pub, the Patisserie, both on the Royal Esplanade near the Promenade Cafe.

One thing that surprised me, is that the Cafe Promenade is not open 24 hours (anymore?)....it closes at 0200....

... One thing that surprised me, is that the Cafe Promenade is not open 24 hours (anymore?)....it closes at 0200....

Another RC promise gone. When they instituted the late night charge for room service, they said they would keep a snack venue open during that time.

Another RC promise gone. When they instituted the late night charge for room service, they said they would keep a snack venue open during that time.

I am surprised that on such a large ship, with a vibrant 'night life', they close down....I suppose that is fleet-wide? Not just on the Anthem?

Meanwhile, NCL keeps their "O'Sheehan's" pub open all night, as does Princess, with their "International Cafe".....

I am really surprised, and not in a good way, to read that the Cafe Promenade is shutting down at 2 AM. I wonder if this is fleet wide or only this one ship? Also, it has been the practice for them to close down for about a hour for cleaning. I have found this to typically be between 3-4 AM. So I would be interested to know what time the Cafe was reopening on this ship.

I'm going to be honest I am looking forward going on Royal, but I will miss the lunch choices on Carnival at no cost (Guy's burgers, Burrito and tacos at blue iguana cantina, Guys BBQ, Tandoor, Mongolian wok)

I'm with ya. I'm gonna miss guys! But I'm excited to try royal again

Michelle

Celebrity Galaxy

Norwegian Sky

Norwegian Getaway 2013

Carnival Triumph 2001 & 2014

Carnival Liberty 2009

Carnival Breeze 2015

RCCL Navigator of the seas 2004

RCCL Harmony if the Seas 3/3/17

I am surprised that on such a large ship, with a vibrant 'night life', they close down....I suppose that is fleet-wide? Not just on the Anthem?

... .

I don't believe Cafe Promenade closes early fleet wide ... yet. I believe it's still open almost 24 hours on Voyager/Freedom class ships. However, on Radiance and Vision class ships, it's normal for Park Cafe to close at 1am or 2am, and that is the only late night venue on those ships.