Over the door shoe organizer

shera1209

Hi everyone! My husband and I are sailing on the Norwegian Dawn out of Tampa in February. We actually did the same exact itinerary last year, but we left from New Orleans. We always bring an over the door shoe organizer for all of our little items. However, last year, the one I bought didn’t fit over the bathroom door. The pieces that go over the door weren’t wide enough. Does anyone have a suggestion for one that will definitely fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We brought one of these on our first cruise. We quickly learned that it makes the room look messy and cluttered. I’d rather have my stuff put away than hanging there as if it’s a decoration. It’s ugly and in the way, and there is plenty of storage in the cabins for small items. Leave the shoe holders at home.

We brought one of these on our first cruise. We quickly learned that it makes the room look messy and cluttered. I’d rather have my stuff put away than hanging there as if it’s a decoration. It’s ugly and in the way, and there is plenty of storage in the cabins for small items. Leave the shoe holders at home.

I totally agree with this! We took one on one of our first cruises years ago and it was more of a hassle than it was worth. Our trick... my husband and I each take a drawer as our "junk drawer" and everything gets tossed in there, out of sight. Mine is tidy, his is not lol.

~Denise

I use it in the bathroom. It's perfect for the toiletries you can pack it already organized and know that your steward isn't touching your mouthwash or other personal effects. Seriously did he or she just clean the toilet then wipe your counter picking up your floss........

I have no idea how one could think a hanging organizer looks 'messy'.

Really? I guess it's a difference in having all that stuff out vs. being put away. I don't decorate with my toiletries and sundries at home, and I don't on vacation either. That's why it looks messy to me. I'd rather have things in cabinets. To each his own.

There are some shelves in the bathrooms of the NCL ships I've sailed. We put a few things there. Most things go under the sink in the giant cabinet there which has more space than mine at home.

• Like 1

I cannot for the life of me imagine why you would bring one of those huge things along unless there are four or five in a cabin. If you want something similar for toiletries, etc. there much smaller versions available on line, and they do what they are designed to do, unlike a shoe organizer which is designed to hold - wait . . . . . SHOES!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I know the organizers are not for everyone, but we felt they were very useful on our last three cruises. We had inside or oceanview rooms, so that may be why. I loved having everything accessible yet organized. Once again, thank you for your help!