Is it really that bad at the BOTTOM of the ship?

We are going on a cruise that was kind of last minute booking, so there was not a log of cabins to pick from. Doing a B2B on the Liberty. First leg we are on the 8th deck inside. Second leg deck 2 inside. Usually we have a balcony, but we have had inside rooms in the past. Just curious as how the bottom of the ship will be. We make the most of every cruise, and I believe we will have a wonderful time. This is our second B2B on Liberty, had a hump balcony and loved it. Anyway would love to hear from those who have sailed on the bottom!

We ALWAYS sail inside and as low as possible, towards the center. We’re only in our cabin to sleep and shower. Once we’re out of the room, the ship is exactly the same one that the passengers that pay way more. Note that I’m afraid of heights and get seasick, LOL! Jealous, as we’ve never done a B2B!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They gave us a accessible room which has a little more room, which we are not in need of one, but oh well, which is good, plus it's mid ship

Ahoy Jeanneful

We just did the same thing. We just added on another Oasis sailing at the last minute so we could do a B2B. We have a balcony for the first leg, but had to go to an inside guarantee to stay within a budget but still be able to do a back to back. Our room was assigned the next day to an Accessible cabin by the mid elevators on deck 3.

No matter which cabin you are in, you still get to enjoy the same cruising amenities throughout the ship.

We have stayed on deck 2 or 3 before. It was very quiet. It turned out to be very convenient to get to other areas...

We like the Liberty, and I am sure you will too.....

D&B

Ahoy Jeanneful

We just did the same thing. We just added on another Oasis sailing at the last minute so we could do a B2B. We have a balcony for the first leg, but had to go to an inside guarantee to stay within a budget but still be able to do a back to back. Our room was assigned the next day to an Accessible cabin by the mid elevators on deck 3.

No matter which cabin you are in, you still get to enjoy the same cruising amenities throughout the ship.

We have stayed on deck 2 or 3 before. It was very quiet. It turned out to be very convenient to get to other areas...

We like the Liberty, and I am sure you will too.....

D&B

I agree, we will have a fantastic time!!! This will be our second B2B on the Liberty, we have done two others on different lines.

The barnacles will cut the heck out of you. Also, the lack of oxygen becomes an issue after a while.

LOL.....however, you have it backwards.....the oxygen gets thinner the HIGHER you go, NOT lower. We have stayed in OV a few times and for us (mostly book balcony cabins up above) it just felt 'weird' to go BELOW the atrium to get to our cabin, but once inside, you wouldn't know the difference. And as others have said, you absolutely do feel less motion 'down below' and it is soooo convenient to get on and off the ship!!

LOL.....however, you have it backwards.....the oxygen gets thinner the HIGHER you go, NOT lower. We have stayed in OV a few times and for us (mostly book balcony cabins up above) it just felt 'weird' to go BELOW the atrium to get to our cabin, but once inside, you wouldn't know the difference. And as others have said, you absolutely do feel less motion 'down below' and it is soooo convenient to get on and off the ship!!

Since he referenced barnacles, he means you are literally on the bottom of the ship (underwater), so there would be a definite lack of oxygen.

I love the lower decks. Perhaps not such an issue on large RCI ships but have had some very rough seas leaving and returning to Sydney on smaller ships and people were vomiting everywhere. We could escape back to our nice, still, quiet deck 2 cabin if it got too much up on the pool deck and felt better immediately. Also very handy for the MDR and theatre. And if I had eaten too much at breakfast I used the stairs for the rest of the day and then felt justified ordering dessert at dinner. :)

We started our cruise career in the cheapest cabins on the bottom decks. There is nothing wrong with them and if today they had the type of cabin I am now after (which I guess is impossible since you'd get wet from the waves on your balcony form time to time) then I'd not be averse to a low deck.

Stupid complaint to guest services “excuse me but can you please advise as to why I can’t open my window in my ocean view cabin”

There are good reasons the dining rooms have traditionally been very low in the ship. It has to do with motion, among other things.

What does that say about Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class.:eek: