Infinite Verandah

Bernie19

Yes, according to their webpage:

"The ultimate in spa-inspired experiences, these staterooms are designed to indulge at every turn. From the Infinite The ultimate in spa-inspired experiences, these staterooms are designed to indulge at every turn. From the Infinite VerandaSM that takes the whole room right to the water’s edge to Blu, the exclusive restaurant featuring favorite dishes reimagined with a healthier twist. erandaSM that takes the whole room right to the water’s edge to Blu, the exclusive restaurant featuring favorite dishes reimagined with a healthier twist. "

Do you know if all veranda rooms are “infinite” verandas? Have a Sunset veranda Booked for December.

No, the sunset verandas are not infinite, though the balcony is larger than the infinite balconies. I am hoping to see one on our cabin crawl in November. :)

72-7.jpg

Yup, the Sunset Veranda doesn’t have the Infinite Veranda, and neither does the Deluxe Ocean view with Veranda. But the Sunset Veranda is a larger 228sqft SR and a much larger 89sqft Veranda. I couldn’t tell exacty, but the Infinite Veranda’s SR state the total is 244sqft which I think means SR is 199sqft and the Veranda is 45sqft, or something in that area, so your Sunset SR is nice and large and is on the stern.

We have the Infinite Veranda. The other big difference in Edge SRs is it has a Single Infinite SR for one person. It’s 131sqft and 45sqft Infinite Veranda which is nice for single cruisers.

Den

II think it will be quiet, but to be truthful, I’ve never really had issues with hearing neighbors from inside our SR. I can hear a bit when sitting outside, but other then that, not a problem for me......but of course I do have hearing issues!!

Den

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit disappointed that the IV's cannot have the option to open to the adjoining balcony. We frequently travel with 2 other couples and it's very enjoyable to all hang out on the balcony together. We're sailing on the Edge in Dec. and our friends will be in an IV cabin and we'll be in an aft (SV) cabin. So at least there will be enough room on our balcony to hang out together (as long as my friend can handle being on the back of the ship : ))

We have had issues with noise from an adjacent balcony on our last cruise. Our neighbors had 3 connecting balconies and they liked to have breakfast out there around 7:00 each morning. I think either one guy had a hearing problem or he just wanted to make sure everyone could hear what he had to say. Too bad they didn't eat on the middle balcony so as to minimize the impact on their two neighbors.

• 6 months later...
We are hoping the new IV's will be quieter than the standard outside platform verandas. Basically the IV is a cabin with a giant window, so without the outside area, inconsiderate pax yapping loudly at 2 AM outside will be a non issue.

Will people not still sit out on the 'balcony' though just as they would on a normal one? There is an outside area isn't there?

One person has posted about her actual experience with an Infinite Veranda.. It was a sample cabin on her cruise. They did sit on/in it but I wonder if it will have that outdoor balc feeling for everyone..

It has the solid side walls...compared to panels that sep traditional outdoor balcs..It will most likely be quieter...but may feel less open????

We'll find out in January

Will people not still sit out on the 'balcony' though just as they would on a normal one? There is an outside area isn't there?

I thought that, when the internal doors are closed and the external window down it becomes a 'normal' balcony cabin, but like the older ships the balcony is more in the hull of the ship (if that is the right term).

• 2 weeks later...

Smart Marketing ...in choice of terms

"Infinite Veranda" (IV) speaks to the full glass views...but seems it may be more of a protected Enclosed Veranda (EV) compared to what we think of as a traditional balcony.

Either way can't wait to experience my Veranda cabin on EDGE !

I thought that, when the internal doors are closed and the external window down it becomes a 'normal' balcony cabin, but like the older ships the balcony is more in the hull of the ship (if that is the right term).

Exactly. Older ships had balconies contained within the hull. There are a few of these on Edge. IMO the IV balconies should be a little more quiet, because there are two walls separating verandas instead of one or two partial dividers. I wouldn’t expect complete silence, however, because in my experience, some people simply don’t have an “inside voice”. I do believe this may sometimes be attributed to hearing loss or tinnitus (as is the case with my dad) and hearing aids cannot fix every issue. I suppose there may be slightly less air flow on the IVs, but I expect it to be imperceptible. I have been in the habit of leaning on my balcony rail to gaze forward and aft, and I’m not sure that would be wise with the IV design, if only because I don’t want to smudge it;) I’m becoming even more excited as we get closer to her first sailings. DH and I can’t wait to check out our IV stateroom and explore Edge from stem to stern:cool::cool:

I did not like the IV when I first saw them and went for traditional balconies when I booked. I did like the versatility of having a bigger space, a sunroom, etc., but we like to be out there in the sun (it is usually brutal here in VT when we cruise in Jan or Feb).

As the actual pictures started to come out, I started to like them more. They are growing on me and I'm hoping now to be in one for my first cruise to try it out for myself. My DH won't be happy without an open balcony most likely, but there will plenty of other places he can get out in the sun. I hope he does like them so we can try AQ on the Edge some day.:D

Exactly. Older ships had balconies contained within the hull. There are a few of these on Edge. IMO the IV balconies should be a little more quiet, because there are two walls separating verandas instead of one or two partial dividers. I wouldn’t expect complete silence, however, because in my experience, some people simply don’t have an “inside voice”. I do believe this may sometimes be attributed to hearing loss or tinnitus (as is the case with my dad) and hearing aids cannot fix every issue. I suppose there may be slightly less air flow on the IVs, but I expect it to be imperceptible. I have been in the habit of leaning on my balcony rail to gaze forward and aft, and I’m not sure that would be wise with the IV design, if only because I don’t want to smudge it;) I’m becoming even more excited as we get closer to her first sailings. DH and I can’t wait to check out our IV stateroom and explore Edge from stem to stern:cool::cool:

Or the boisterous folks are just plain under the influence, inconsiderate or have out of control children. Been there and experienced that many times. We mostly cruise in upper level suites for this reason. One of our priorities for our Preview cruise is to evaluate the noise environment of the IV. We like the idea of the recessed verandas since it could be more private. Time will tell. Still looking optimistically at experiencing the leading "Edge" design.

I did not like the IV when I first saw them and went for traditional balconies when I booked. I did like the versatility of having a bigger space, a sunroom, etc., but we like to be out there in the sun (it is usually brutal here in VT when we cruise in Jan or Feb).

As the actual pictures started to come out, I started to like them more. They are growing on me and I'm hoping now to be in one for my first cruise to try it out for myself. My DH won't be happy without an open balcony most likely, but there will plenty of other places he can get out in the sun. I hope he does like them so we can try AQ on the Edge some day.:D

I understand. Mid-Atlantic winters can be depressing enough, but Vermont has longer & harder winters. DH & I appreciate the warmth of the sun in winter, but we don’t tend to lounge in direct sun for long (fair skin & first cousins having melanomas makes us wary).

We were attracted to the IV for the reasons you mentioned, plus it seemed like a cool design (yes, we’re geeks lol). We may find that we prefer the older verandas, but I expect our IV experience will be like most new things. We will like some things, dislike others, and feel neutral about the rest. We’d definitely like to try a suite again though;p

During the past 18 months we’ve been on three very different Celebrity itineraries, two on S-class flanking one on M-class. Despite observing some misguided (IMO) destruction of the previously lovely traffic flow on the M-class ship (to add Solstice features), we cannot say we didn’t enjoy that cruise just as much as the others. There were strengths & weaknesses about each ship design, stateroom, food & beverage department, music, and crew but we would book any of those ships again. I expect Edge and the IV to be the same:)

Or the boisterous folks are just plain under the influence, inconsiderate or have out of control children. Been there and experienced that many times. We mostly cruise in upper level suites for this reason. One of our priorities for our Preview cruise is to evaluate the noise environment of the IV. We like the idea of the recessed verandas since it could be more private. Time will tell. Still looking optimistically at experiencing the leading "Edge" design.

I’ve definitely heard them all, but haven’t had the misfortune to have the latter in adjacent staterooms. As for the boisterous, happy people conversing loudly in the corridors or their staterooms at 0200, we’ve been fortunate in that the occasional disturbance to us hasn’t lasted long. Fingers crossed, our luck will hold for future cruises;) I have noticed that fellow passengers seem to save their late nights for those nights prior to sea days (as do we) so I think that’s fair. Of course, I understand Caribbean cruises can be different in that regard, since many passengers don’t leave the ship.

We are in an IV cabin on January 13th so we can compare with the S class as we board Silhouette directly after on January 20th. Now, we have a Sky Suite on Silhouette but still we can compare differences in the balcony experience. Been on every S class except Reflection, every M class except Infinity and go all the way back to the Century class and Zenith and Horizon so we've seen many improvements over the years. BUT, still the first one on Edge will be so different. Looking forward to exploring this ship. Didn't think we would like the "S" class but love them now. Always exciting to try something really different and get out of that comfort zone.