Favorite beverage

ronmaca

I drink a lot of ice water.

When it is time for a cocktail -- Grey Goose on the rocks. We don't care for those mixed drinks.

I agree! Water all day, vodka on the rocks at cocktail time. ..no fuss, no muss...no "foo-foo" drinks for me!;) Same for coffee, just black coffee for me...no adds.

About 10 years ago, HAL had the best BBC - Baileys Banana Colada. I have not been back since then but we are sailing HAL this summer and hope they can make it just like they used to!

I don't mean to disappoint you, but on my last several HAL cruises the BBC's have tasted more like piña coladas -- not as "bananaee" as before -- but they are still delicious. Since I keep ordering them they must taste good enough to me, and I have turned many fellow cruisers on to them and they love them.

I love my Bloody Mary extra spicy and extra chewy! Do they make them with horseradish on board?

Thanks!

I don't know, all I know is that they are PERFECT!

So far, I won't be sailing Hal till my 82 night Grand Asia 9/30/18 cruise. If you're sailing before me, please post back.

Louis XIII

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A drink called Champagne Dream. Wow!! Of course if you ask me what my life’s ambition is: For every bartender on every HAL ship to know I drink Sweet Manhattans on the Rocks. Have a long way to go

That’s really a joke, folks, but I am trying

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A beverage steward suggested something called a Miami Vice--it's half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri as i recall. really good, that's been my go-to beverage. of course I'll also happily drink pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris separately too. can't wait until my next tropical adult beverage on Maasdam....

A beverage steward suggested something called a Miami Vice--it's half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri as i recall. really good, that's been my go-to beverage. of course I'll also happily drink pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris separately too. can't wait until my next tropical adult beverage on Maasdam....

Yes! On a cruise last year, it was the drink of the day. I am pretty much a non-drinker, but it hit the spot. The way they pour the red daiquiri and the white pina colada into the glass make for a "pretty" drink, too! I second the Miami Vice -- and my husband loves the Virgin version (if I'm going to have the calories, I'll opt for the high octane version!).

Didn't you have an interesting experience with a Flaming Coffee lesson?

Did I ever!!! I was onboard the Eurodam in the fall of 2016. On a sea day, listed in the When & Where there were alcohol "classes/ tastings" offered.

One was a beer tasting, where 6 different beers from around the world would be sampled and discussed. The charge was listed at $14.95. I attended and found it interesting. I happily handed over my ship card to pay the $14.95 as listed in the daily program.

Later that day the When & Where listed a Spanish Flaming Coffee sessions, no cost indicated. I thought how fun, I've never heard of a flaming Spanish coffee. My sister and I attended. After the demonstration the bar tender gave the Spanish coffee to the guest next to me (it was the guest's birthday). Then the bartender asked if anyone else would like one? So, of course all 6 so of us said yes. After sometime enjoying our coffees the bar tender went to each guest and asked for their ship card to pay for the coffee. Now, how the bar tender said, "who would like to purchase a coffee" I would have expected to be charged. But when I am asked who would like one and when the program did not list a charge I was "surprised" to have a charge.

Later, that afternoon I went to the front desk and explained that I believed the program should note there is a charge of $8.95 or whatever just like the beer program listed, or the bartender said who would like to purchase a coffee. The front desk passed my information onto the assistant beverage manager.

Fast forward two days later, the assistant beverage manager comes up to the Tamarind where I was dining to apologize for the confusion and invites me to come to the bar in the Piano area after 10pm where he will personally make me a flaming Spanish coffee. So, I thank him for the gesture and agree to meet him at 10pm. 10pm I arrive, the assistant beverage manager personally makes me my flaming Spanish coffee and then......wait for it......

asks me for my room key to charge me for the coffee!!!!

White wine is my go-to drink of choice. But we have the SBP on our next sailing, so I plan to venture out and experiment a little by trying some of these exotic and interesting drinks everyone on here is talking about! ;):D

It's definitely worth trying out drinks, That's what my husband did with his Magic Drink Card. I think the most drinks he had per day was 8, and most of those were Cokes, but it was great fun to not have to worry about the cost of the drink when he was in a lounge and wanted something. And he tried out some things and found some things he liked and some things he determined were not worth buying when we got home. It was a good thing for that kind of tasting/experimenting.