RC free gratuities

I booked two cruises that had a "Free grats." promotion. Not sure how it is handled, as there was no indication on the booking that it is free grats. Agent said my reservation is noted. If others have purchased under this promotion can you tell me if this info is correct?

Not sure if I need to select the Grats - I will call and report back.

M

Thx

Hi all - just looking to book with RC and their current offer includes free gratuities. So I have one question - when booking do I select 'pre-paid gratuities' (assuming RC then take this off at some point)?

Thanks! Laura

Hi Laura,

Are you referring to this offer?

Here's the fine print for

* See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions.Price is per person, in USD, cruise only, applies to select sailings, interior stateroom, based on double-occupancy, and reflects any promotional savings. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount ofthe deposit minus a $100 per person service fee ("FCC"). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms.Cruise must be booked between 1/4/18 through 1/31/18 the “Offer Period”. Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 2/4/18. Offer includes 30% off cruise fare for all guests’ in the stateroom plus up to $100 onboard credit (OBC.) Onboard credit is determined by sailing length and category booked: $25 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $50 OBC forBalconies and $75 OBC for Suites on sailings 5 nights and less, $50 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $75 OBC for Balconies, and $100 OBC for Suites on sailings 6 nights or longer. Free Gratuities are available for those guests who book a Royal Suite class room sailing on OA Class + Anthem of the Seas sailings to Bahamas, Bermuda or the Caribbeandeparting on or after February 4, 2018. Free Gratuities are for the first two passengers only. Additionally, offer provides for free upgrade from Oceanview to Balcony exclusively on Anthem of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas sailings departing from May 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018, and free upgrade from Inside to Oceanview exclusively onGrandeur of the Seas sailings departing from May 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018. Free upgrade refers to purchasing a Balcony at the price of an Oceanview and Oceanview at the price of an Inside at standard/full fare. NRDB that are booked six months or more prior to the cruise departure date are eligible to receive a per stateroom onboard credit("OBC") in the following amount: for sailings 5-nights and less, $25 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, and $50 OBC for Balcony and Suite; and for sailings of 6-nights and longer, $50 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $100 OBC for Balcony and Suite. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by10:00 p.m. on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with select promotions. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. OBC is not redeemable for cash and may expire. Offer open to residents of U.S. or Canada. Offer excludes China departures. Prices and Offer are subject to availability andchange without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. ©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

You may want to check out this thread for more info, it looks as if a follow-up call to Royal Caribbean may be required for confirmation.

Do you have a TA who can facilitate this for you?

There were a couple of posts when the promo started from people that checked the box for prepaid grats and they were added to their invoice. They were told that they would be taken off in a couple of weeks. Not sure if that happened or not. Maybe one of them will see this post

When I called I was told that it was noted in the booking

That said I would print out the offer and keep it just in case, but that's just me. It does not show up anywhere on the booking invoice.

Hi Laura,

You may want to check out this thread for more info, it looks as if a follow-up call to Royal Caribbean may be required for confirmation.

Do you have a TA who can facilitate this for you?

Hi thanks for your reply. My TA doesn't seem to know. He keeps saying that it's telling him that it's chargeable even though it's an offer which is frustrating. I assume they take it off the bill at some point but can't find a straight answer even in the for print.

I looked at that thread before posting and it doesn't answer my question either...I don't want to not include gratuities for the staff not to get them and I don't want to click gratuities for them not to be taken off! might just contact RCI

Thanks again

There were a couple of posts when the promo started from people that checked the box for prepaid grats and they were added to their invoice. They were told that they would be taken off in a couple of weeks. Not sure if that happened or not. Maybe one of them will see this post

When I called I was told that it was noted in the booking

That said I would print out the offer and keep it just in case, but that's just me. It does not show up anywhere on the booking invoice.

OK that makes sense thank you!

We took advantage of this offer last time it was offered. You do not have to select pre-paid grats. In about a week or so, the pre-paid grats appeared on the booking invoice.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

booked on my own via web site a deal that said grat' included at last minute just a few weeks out.

invoice said nothing about grat'

when I started doing online regis' there was a box asking if I wanted to prepay ..... hmmm.

called and was told ignore and the box would go away which it did in a couple of days. I was a lil ?? until we got our final onboard account at departure and sure enuf go grat' charged.

Just another 'feature' of RC's excellent web site! @%$@!%

Booked also during one of the free grats promo over two weeks ago on board with Next Cruise. Noticed it was not on my confirmation when I printed it out at home. Called CS and was told it would be manually adjusted in two weeks.

Called again yesterday (two week mark) when it still did not show up, and was told it is a promo that ran from 1/4-1/31/18 and was assured I will get the freebie...but will not show up until after the 31st. I will be checking again in a few days.

I sent an email last week and then again this week to my "CVP" asking to verify that we had free grats on our booking so I would have a paper trail just in case. Still have not heard back from him:rolleyes:

See my post just before yours. Check back in a few days. I totally agree, I like an actual printed out paper trail myself as a back up.

When we had that promo on Celebrity last year, they worked in the same way. Charges were put on (the original invoice) and then taken out a few days later. A new invoice was emailed. I remember this was all done within 30 to 40 days.

What Mic_tic wrote. I was just told not to do anything. It will be added and manually removed. I was told to give RCCL few weeks to take care of all of them.

M

Thanks Marci- I hope that's the case because right now there are no grats on my invoice. I booked direct.

When was this promotion offered? I booked a couple of weeks ago and that was never mentioned to me. Is it just for certain sailings? I'm not sailing until June 2019 so maybe it didn't apply to my cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agent told me today that it was for Oasis/Quantum sailings in a JS or above, booked by Jan 31 and sailing by some date this year. ( did not get the date) Not sure if it was for all sailings.

Can't hurt to call and ask.

M

Agent told me today that it was for Oasis/Quantum sailings in a JS or above, booked by Jan 31 and sailing by some date this year. ( did not get the date) Not sure if it was for all sailings.

M

Thanks! I will!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

M

That is what I saw listed on the website also.

We that booked under those circumstances should see those free grats posted in a few days, after the final day of the promo (today) has passed.

Hopefully one of us will come back and post once it gets done and shows up on their invoice

Just checked, nothing yet. But it is only day one after the promo ended.

Will give it until mid week next week to see if it posts...if not...another call to CS. :o

Just checked, nothing yet. But it is only day one after the promo ended.

Will give it until mid week next week to see if it posts...if not...another call to CS. :o

It looks like the free grats promo has been extended, don't know until when