Air Mattress Not Allowed?

Hammergirl

We are looking at the Deluxe Owners suite and I asked my travel agent if air mattresses were allowed. She called NCL and they told her that absolutely not, they are not allowed ever. This doesn't sound right to me as I see threads here talking about people bringing them on. I don't want to bid on this room, only to find out my kids have to share a couch bed together.

Kristine

IMHO keep the 2 bedroom, I have been told by people who had the OS the while at sea the balcony is not great due to the wind. The 2 bedroom will allow the kids to go to bed and you can still enjoy the living room. Also I tend to be up before anyone else so I can sit there and enjoy a coffee without bothering anyone.

I suggest asking for them to bring in a roll-away bed. We did that in our Owners Suite on the POA and it was surprisingly very comfortable and allowed the two adults sharing the living room space to have separate beds.

IMHO keep the 2 bedroom, I have been told by people who had the OS the while at sea the balcony is not great due to the wind. The 2 bedroom will allow the kids to go to bed and you can still enjoy the living room. Also I tend to be up before anyone else so I can sit there and enjoy a coffee without bothering anyone.

I agree with this. I stayed in an OS on the Getaway. It was great, but we had 3 sea days, and the balcony is basically unusable on a sea day, it's so windy.

Just bring one onboard with you and see what happens .

• if it gets confiscated, you'll have to make do what's available in your cabin
  • if not, horraay! But it will be up to the housekeeping personnel (e.g. cabin steward, and up) to allow it in cabin
  • be prepared to put the air mattress out on the balcony if needed.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

When we holidayed in Las Vegas we brought air mattress for the 3rd person and it worked so well. The hotel rooms in LV are so spacious and there was plenty of room for the air mattresses. Each evening we inflated it with air pump and used bed linen from home, and each morning we just deflated it and folded the whole thing up and hid it in a closet.

Our son said it was a great vacation (it was a 2 weeks long ).

Just bring one onboard with you and see what happens .

• if it gets confiscated, you'll have to make do what's available in your cabin
  • if not, horraay! But it will be up to the housekeeping personnel (e.g. cabin steward, and up) to allow it in cabin
  • be prepared to put the air mattress out on the balcony if needed.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

When we holidayed in Las Vegas we brought air mattress for the 3rd person and it worked so well. The hotel rooms in LV are so spacious and there was plenty of room for the air mattresses. Each evening we inflated it with air pump and used bed linen from home, and each morning we just deflated it and folded the whole thing up and hid it in a closet.

Our son said it was a great vacation (it was a 2 weeks long ).

Putting it on the balcony would mean it would likely get picked up and blown away. Even while in port in Nassau with little wind things like the side door between the front balcony and side balcony acted like a sail and took two hands to manage. It is not a safe situation when they added the door.

Putting it on the balcony would mean it would likely get picked up and blown away. Even while in port in Nassau with little wind things like the side door between the front balcony and side balcony acted like a sail and took two hands to manage. It is not a safe situation when they added the door.

I mean to sleep on it while out on balcony. It would need to be deflated, rolled up and put away out of sight during the day.

I think the OP should stick with the 2 BR and not bother to bid for the DOS.

Thank you guy SO much for all your help. With the information about the windy balcony, we are going to stick with the 2 bedroom. No reason to have an amazing balcony when it cannot be used a lot of the time. Our last cruise we sailed on Royal in a cabin that had a huge balcony with a table for six, 2 loungers and a hot tub on it. It was amazing. But we were not impressed with the ship so we are trying NCL now.

Our last cruise we sailed on Royal in a cabin that had a huge balcony with a table for six, 2 loungers and a hot tub on it. It was amazing. But we were not impressed with the ship so we are trying NCL now.

Which ship was that?

Which ship was that?

We were on Oasis. We had a great cruise, don't get me wrong. But the food was mostly not good and he staff seemed annoyed most of the time. The exception was the kids club, they were amazing. Our experience in the suite restaurant was not good the few times we tried it.

I mean to sleep on it while out on balcony. It would need to be deflated, rolled up and put away out of sight during the day.

I think the OP should stick with the 2 BR and not bother to bid for the DOS.

Oh, ok, that makes sense.