Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

3 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Anyone else seen the new Celebrity Edge ship with its awesome Magic Carpet?Now that is what you call innovation!

Quite shocked that RCL and NCL 2 of the biggest lines in the industry have failed to come up with something as innovating as the Edge a smaller lesser known cruise line.

Sat having a meal or a drink in this movable Magic Carpet will be insane. The interior of the Edge is also unreal and only has a max capacity of 3000 passengers.

Celebrity Cruises have sat the bar so high with their new ship, its now up to RCL and NCL to up their game as a bigger go kart track is nothing compared to the Magic Carpet.

You know Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean, right?  Hardly considered a "lesser known" line at all...

3 hours ago, mom23krzkidz said:

http://cruisewith.co.uk/norwegian-encore-entertainment-announced/?fbclid=IwAR0iVPFNLRx_axVkzPz0eGmUeZOlmEM70Wa1ilLYzvI5eDsT_Onov8pep9U

From Cruise with Ben and David: 

Announcements so far! Encore will have a Double Layer Race Track, Virtual Reality room, Choir or Man Show and a Water Slide that will go 11ft off the side of the ship! 

Plus... KINKY BOOTS

THEY ANNOUNCED ENCORE WILL HAVE KINKY BOOTS!!!  OMG, YES!  THAT'S AWESOME!

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

The question is... what gets bumped by including a 10,000 sq/ft Galaxy Pavilion?  I can’t imagine they’ll scrap the Thermal Spa like they did with the Joy. 

Haven’t we speculated that the area that was Spice H2O might be enclosed in the block plans?  That would certainly explain why they started to tone-down the activities held there on the Bliss.

Of course they won't scrap the Thermal Spa...  They are selling Spa Balconies, Spa Mini-Suites and Spa Haven rooms...

34 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Of course they won't scrap the Thermal Spa...  They are selling Spa Balconies, Spa Mini-Suites and Spa Haven rooms...

I should have phrased that differently.  Point being... it won’t go where it is on the Joy (Thermal Spa), so it needs to bump something else. 

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

The question is... what gets bumped by including a 10,000 sq/ft Galaxy Pavilion?  I can’t imagine they’ll scrap the Thermal Spa like they did with the Joy. 

Haven’t we speculated that the area that was Spice H2O might be enclosed in the block plans?  That would certainly explain why they started to tone-down the activities held there on the Bliss.

Spice H20 does appear to be replaced by the laser tag arena when I look at this overhead view.  Quite unfortunate to dedicate such a prime ocean view spot to a dark and enclosed arena.  

18B409D8-C0E4-4EDC-9778-D2189728035B.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Wow... wasn’t expecting all of that.  I’m impressed.  

It's much bells and whistles yeah but it is taking a lottttt of top deck. I remember someone asking if that Breakaway render with the NYC landmarks photoshopped on it was real, well, Encore will be. :classic_ohmy:

4 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

It's much bells and whistles yeah but it is taking a lottttt of top deck. I remember someone asking if that Breakaway render with the NYC landmarks photoshopped on it was real, well, Encore will be. :classic_ohmy:

Or are they just consolidating entertainment areas by moving laser tag to the aft?  The question is if the new sun deck has any Spice features (bar, water feature).  

EE9F7656-A9BC-4058-87EA-E86F54FDFC22.jpeg

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

Or are they just consolidating entertainment areas by moving laser tag to the aft?  The question is if the new sun deck has any Spice features (bar, water feature).  

EE9F7656-A9BC-4058-87EA-E86F54FDFC22.jpeg

I immediately noticed this and thought, wow, that's a new lounge deck area but you're right, it's what WAS the laser tag on Bliss.  So still likely keeping something to partially replace Spice H2O or could this deck become Vibe and then leave what was Vibe open to the public.

I would hope for some updated deck plans in the coming days too since they have now released all of this info showing the top decks and where things are located.

EDIT: Looks like we may be getting updated deck plans today.  That page of the website is now down...

Edited by rtkenmore

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I would hope for some updated deck plans in the coming days too since they have now released all of this info showing the top decks and where things are located.

The aerial shot still shows a Vibe area.

C1A8815A-83ED-4670-8D55-0B68B3122BF5.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut

the thing i don´t like :

how many people drive cart at the same time? 10

how many Laser Tag? 10 too?

so they have much space at the top deck for things only 20 people can do at the same time and have to pay for.

with haven and vibe many space at the top deck you can only use for pay.

maybe they find later space for a one hole minigolf for free haha

3 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

FreestyleNovice - I think it’s safe to post them now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Anyone else seen the new Celebrity Edge ship with its awesome Magic Carpet?Now that is what you call innovation!

The goofy-looking Tragic Carpet is the worst thing on EDGE. The Retreat is the best thing.

Sat having a meal or a drink in this movable Magic Carpet will be insane.

The carpet will not move while people are on it. 

The interior of the Edge is also unreal and only has a max capacity of 3000 passengers.

I agree that EDGE is much better looking inside than NCL's ships.