Luggage Tags...Black Card?

suzyed

Just got off Seaside yesterday and my luggage tags said Voyagers Club at the top but my roommates didn't have that on hers. She did not belong to Voyagers Club. It didn't really matter because we got our bags at the same time.

Does your boarding pass have your black card numbers?

The "Cruise Ticket" says Black Member next to each of our names but our embarkation form doesn't say anything. and our Black Card number is not on there.

The "Cruise Ticket" says Black Member next to each of our names but our embarkation form doesn't say anything. and our Black Card number is not on there.

That's very strange that your luggage tags aren't showing your status. My first reaction was to wonder if your tickets were, but you've answered that one. Your number is never included - only your status.

The only time the status didn't show on our tags was when the status hadn't been included on the tickets. As long as your tickets are showing you're Black Card, I wouldn't worry about the tags. I'm not convinced that luggage gets delivered any quicker to your cabin due to the status. I say that having done 12 cruises at Black Card level.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I originally submitted documentation for a status match back in 2015 when I booked my cruise. At that time I had to have the status match because booking cruises on Seaside was only open to Voyager Club members. I submitted my documentation for status match via their online then called two days later asking could I book the cruise. The CS put me on hold and confirmed my status match documentation received and in process before allowing me to book the cruise. I was told at that time they were backlogged and expect it to take a month or so. Of course I forgot about it.

A few months ago I realized I never got it. Called and spoke to a CS who said she'd send an inquiry and to call back if I did not hear anything in a week or so. Waited ten days and called again. Now told I must talk to that department and they have more limited hours than regular customer service line. Due to work limitations it was a while before I finally got to call in and when I did I was told just resubmit.

Life happened and I finally realized it was now or never last week. Called customer service and was told to submit via email with my cruise date in the subject line. Very efficiently handled as I received confirmation of status match within a couple of hours.

Did not realize I needed to reprint my tickets with my new status until I saw this post. Went into MSC and it popped up wanting me to update and confirm both my Voyager Club profile and my spouses. I did so. Now when I go to e-ticket link on our booking it says they don't have full information on both passengers, even though previously it said they did and etickets were available to me. Ok fine I'll just fix whatever is missing. Go check in and both of us say we're complete, and the eticket button prints out tickets. Tickets exactly like those we received previously which have a button that is just a picture of a button because it is a .pdf which says click it to join Voyagers Club. By each of our names it has a link to join the voyager club as well. I go to it and it finds our status match profiles which now say I should have emails for each of us to activate our membership. Go to email and I don't have them.

Eye-yi-yi their website is going to drive me bonkers!

I've printed my Voyagers Club Card and as long as I can get on the boat Saturday I don't even care anymore.

Edit: SOOOOO I called. CS says when you get your voyagers club status match sometimes it throws out some of your data. He updated it for me and we're all set yet again. \o/ yay! \o/

Wow do I need that cruise now. :)

Edited by TravelinGert

I originally submitted documentation for a status match back in 2015 when I booked my cruise. At that time I had to have the status match because booking cruises on Seaside was only open to Voyager Club members. I submitted my documentation for status match via their online then called two days later asking could I book the cruise. The CS put me on hold and confirmed my status match documentation received and in process before allowing me to book the cruise. I was told at that time they were backlogged and expect it to take a month or so. Of course I forgot about it.

A few months ago I realized I never got it. Called and spoke to a CS who said she'd send an inquiry and to call back if I did not hear anything in a week or so. Waited ten days and called again. Now told I must talk to that department and they have more limited hours than regular customer service line. Due to work limitations it was a while before I finally got to call in and when I did I was told just resubmit.

Life happened and I finally realized it was now or never last week. Called customer service and was told to submit via email with my cruise date in the subject line. Very efficiently handled as I received confirmation of status match within a couple of hours.

Did not realize I needed to reprint my tickets with my new status until I saw this post. Went into MSC and it popped up wanting me to update and confirm both my Voyager Club profile and my spouses. I did so. Now when I go to e-ticket link on our booking it says they don't have full information on both passengers, even though previously it said they did and etickets were available to me. Ok fine I'll just fix whatever is missing. Go check in and both of us say we're complete, and the eticket button prints out tickets. Tickets exactly like those we received previously which have a button that is just a picture of a button because it is a .pdf which says click it to join Voyagers Club. By each of our names it has a link to join the voyager club as well. I go to it and it finds our status match profiles which now say I should have emails for each of us to activate our membership. Go to email and I don't have them.

Eye-yi-yi their website is going to drive me bonkers!

I've printed my Voyagers Club Card and as long as I can get on the boat Saturday I don't even care anymore.

Edit: SOOOOO I called. CS says when you get your voyagers club status match sometimes it throws out some of your data. He updated it for me and we're all set yet again. \o/ yay! \o/

Wow do I need that cruise now. :)

I called MSC earlier and the lady I spoke with who has been with them for several years said the luggage tags don't have your status on them and the even if they did, there is no priority for the luggage.

She also told me not to believe all the stuff I read on CC and said she reads CC too and half the time the info is incorrect! LOL! Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black?! :rolleyes:

I called MSC earlier and the lady I spoke with who has been with them for several years said the luggage tags don't have your status on them and the even if they did, there is no priority for the luggage.

She also told me not to believe all the stuff I read on CC and said she reads CC too and half the time the info is incorrect! LOL! Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black?! :rolleyes:

Now that made me laugh out loud! She’s right, there is a lot of conjecture and made-up “facts” but we’re not allowed to criticize any of it because it’s just people’s opinions and not subject to scrutiny. (Which is fine, I’m just reading everything with an even larger grain of salt than before) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only say when reprinted my ticket has my status which gets me priority boarding onto the ship. We're flying in the day of the cruise which has already got me biting my nails with concern so not having to wait in line to board is really the perk I am thankful for. If my luggage doesn't get to my cabin until Sunday morning that's fine. I always carry our swimwear, a change of clothing, and our first aid and shower kit in my carry on. :)

Here's a photo showing the level (in this case *Black*) on one of our tags from last September. It's printed just below the Guest Name/Booking number/Your Experience lines:

3fa8d7596411a4af836c616fe31303c4.jpg

The levels have been shown on every tag we've received since they began including the level on the tags when Voyagers Club was introduced.

Susan ... you have to remember that the people employed by MSC in the USA are still at a very early stage and know less than I do about who they work for! give them time and in a few years they should be able to pass on the right information ... :D

Susan ... you have to remember that the people employed by MSC in the USA are still at a very early stage and know less than I do about who they work for! give them time and in a few years they should be able to pass on the right information ... :D

Dave ... the funniest thing was that she said she reads the forum here. She said "the luggage tags don't have your status on them"! I hope she sees the photo I've posted during her next visit to the board. :rolleyes:

That's very strange that your luggage tags aren't showing your status. My first reaction was to wonder if your tickets were, but you've answered that one. Your number is never included - only your status.

The only time the status didn't show on our tags was when the status hadn't been included on the tickets. As long as your tickets are showing you're Black Card, I wouldn't worry about the tags. I'm not convinced that luggage gets delivered any quicker to your cabin due to the status. I say that having done 12 cruises at Black Card level.

Shh, some people think that if they have black card captain goes down to the pier and brings up their luggage to the cabin :')

Shh, some people think that if they have black card captain goes down to the pier and brings up their luggage to the cabin :')

Wasn't really worried, just curious since I read somewhere that the tags had your status on them. Not to worry....it's on there....but it's really small. LOL!

You mean he doesn't?? And I thought he brought it to HIS cabin where I would be staying with him. (If it's Captain Massa)

[/size]

Wasn't really worried, just curious since I read somewhere that the tags had your status on them. Not to worry....it's on there....but it's really small. LOL!

So, does this mean that it *is* actually showing on your tags and, if so, did my post with the photo assist you in being able to locate it? I do so hope that it did.

So, does this mean that it *is* actually showing on your tags and, if so, did my post with the photo assist you in being able to locate it? I do so hope that it did.

No actually my friend Leslie sent me a pic of her tag and then I was able to spot it! LOL!

Our luggage tags are like the screen shot above, it states VC level on each tag: Black Member

when we had to call MSC customer service, there has been minimal wait and our questions answered quickly.

Cheers!

I waited about 15 minutes on hold....but it was Sunday, so maybe short staffed. Anyway, yes, they answer quickly, but lets hope it's correctly!