Vista...my observations

mrsd2fan

Have sailed on the Vista twice and have booked a 6 day this summer. Not a fan but we have friends we like to sail with and that's the ship they booked. I'm mainly responding to this because of the chair hog comment by the OP and someone else. Maybe it was the particular cruise we were on (New Years 8 Day) but the girl in the towel hut was tagging chairs all day long and taking towels and belongings back to the hut routinely. After 19 Cruises with Carnival I have never seen this before. Maybe it was the particular sailing and it was for show, because a lot of the crew had their families sailing with them. But it was impressive. I think this ship has a great crew especially Eddie from Peru at the Blue Iguana Bar. I too miss the glass elevators in the atrium as someone else mentioned. Love the Glory as well which has been mentioned here but haven't been on her since she was updated.. Maybe this summer..

First I've heard of the 20 minute tag and removal of items, but I think it's a great idea and should be on every cruise. It would stop the chair hogs when they realize it's pointless.

I'm on the Vista in just a few weeks and I can honestly say I am concerned about the negativity with the ship. I like the shows and comedy so I think I will be disappointed If it's too crowded.

First I've heard of the 20 minute tag and removal of items, but I think it's a great idea and should be on every cruise. It would stop the chair hogs when they realize it's pointless.

I'm on the Vista in just a few weeks and I can honestly say I am concerned about the negativity with the ship. I like the shows and comedy so I think I will be disappointed If it's too crowded.

I was on the Vista in January and someone put stickers on the two loungers next to mine. The people came back before their stuff was removed, but it was great to see Carnival enforcing rules. Also, when I was in the main theater waiting for a show to begin, they announced that people can't save more than one seat (although some people did it anyway)

They enforced the appointment time too. My appointment time to arrive was 11:30 to 12:00. By the time I gave my luggage to the porter and got to the line, it was 12:05. They would not let me go into the "on time" line. I had to go into the early/late line. Early disembarkation was very organized and they had people line up their suitcases in the order they arrived so that the first to arrive in the waiting area were the first to leave.

The Vista has a lot of positives. Even though some people, myself included, wouldn't choose to sail on this ship again, it doesn't mean people can't have a great cruise. If your ship sails full, just be prepared to arrive at the shows VERY early to get in line and get a good seat. As long as you know that going in, then it's easier to accept and won't be so frustrating.

The food is very good, the shows are good, and the cruise director is awesome. My husband and I had a great time. For us, sailing on such a large ship that doesn't have a reservation system and has very long lines wasn't for us. The theater is not like the other ships, so that was a bit of a negative. However, the cruise was still great. I hope you have a wonderful time too!

See, i dont know if it would stop them....1/2 of that crowd would come back, not see their stuff and think "oh well". The other half would go to GS and complain that how dare someone touch their stuff, that they were only gone 5 mins and that this is unacceptable. The Carnival employee ruined my whole cruise and i want something for my troubles (there is the group always looking for something). This type would be at it the next morning doing the same thing with a sticky of their own of "DONT TOUCH MY STUFF, WILL BE BACK IN 10 MINS" (then of course arrive 2 hrs later because Carnival was running a sale and it was Carnivals fault that they distracted me from getting to the Lido Deck on time :rolleyes:)

• 2 weeks later...
Not a big fan of RCL.... I feel the line is over priced and their drink prices are outrageous.
We did 8 Carnival cruises before we thought it was only fair that we gave Royal Caribbean a try...WOW...WHAT A MISTAKE. Maybe we just got unlucky that week but that unfortunately was enough to not try it again. We never met such unfriendly, snobby people....I'm not just talking about passengers, this includes the staff...we LOVE cruising, are very simple people, make our own fun....but I will tell you....it was pretty near impossible to do that on that ship. Food was not good....staff looked like they really did not want to be there....clean up staff was non-existent , 1 bartender for the LIDO DECK! ,,,,hard to believe 6 people couldn't wait to get off a cruise! By By Royal...

We did 8 Carnival cruises before we thought it was only fair that we gave Royal Caribbean a try...WOW...WHAT A MISTAKE. Maybe we just got unlucky that week but that unfortunately was enough to not try it again. We never met such unfriendly, snobby people....I'm not just talking about passengers, this includes the staff...we LOVE cruising, are very simple people, make our own fun....but I will tell you....it was pretty near impossible to do that on that ship. Food was not good....staff looked like they really did not want to be there....clean up staff was non-existent , 1 bartender for the LIDO DECK! ,,,,hard to believe 6 people couldn't wait to get off a cruise! By By Royal...

Yup.... IMO Carnival excels at customer service. Crew and staff always smiling and saying hello. I have cruised all the main cruiselines (more than once).....and when it comes to service Carnival wins out all the time. They may have their shortcomings....but not in the service area!

Yup.... IMO Carnival excels at customer service. Crew and staff always smiling and saying hello. I have cruised all the main cruiselines (more than once).....and when it comes to service Carnival wins out all the time. They may have their shortcomings....but not in the service area!

I thought so, too. Until my recent Harmony cruise. Our crew on Glory were noticeably better than on Oasis, but Harmony set a higher bar. Maybe Royal is just less consistent, I don't know. But I've never had a cruise where the staff make that big of a difference either way.