‘Free’ drinks package for UK sailings

Static events

The package you are most likely to be offered is the classic (look up on Celebrity website), basically it offers a selection of OK wines, standard spirits, sodas, water and excellent coffee. If you want a more expensive drink you pay the difference. The premium package offers a greater range of higher brand beers and spirits (think single malt rather than blended Scotch....). This package can be offered when you book a higher end room. You can pay to upgrade from the Classic to the premium.

Even if you are not a big drinker the cost of those nice coffees, a few sodas and bottles of water, a glass of wine with dinner and a pre and post dinner drink soon add up....

We are not big drinkers either but do enjoy the flexibility of a drinks package.

The package you are most likely to be offered is the classic (look up on Celebrity website), basically it offers a selection of OK wines, standard spirits, sodas, water and excellent coffee. If you want a more expensive drink you pay the difference. The premium package offers a greater range of higher brand beers and spirits (think single malt rather than blended Scotch....). This package can be offered when you book a higher end room. You can pay to upgrade from the Classic to the premium.

Even if you are not a big drinker the cost of those nice coffees, a few sodas and bottles of water, a glass of wine with dinner and a pre and post dinner drink soon add up....

We are not big drinkers either but do enjoy the flexibility of a drinks package.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I thought as much however it is nice to have the freedom to try different drinks while on holiday.

If you book on board you do get a number of perk options. The U.K. usually have strange deals at this time each year with no drinks packages etc. On board currently you get all 4 perks and obc on the current cruise if you book a suite or some perks and obc for other cabins. It is almost like they are pushing us towards booking on board.

If you are looking ahead to 2019/20 there is no drink package offered (in the UK) but the prices still seem to be similar to the earlier ones with the drinks. 😕

Yes you have a very good point.

I suppose it's actually a good deal when you look at it.

I recall that last year, folks in the UK were being offered the "standard" drink package, not the "classic" drink package. Check to see which package is being offered "free"....and then find it on the celebrity web site to see what's included.

I recall that last year, folks in the UK were being offered the "standard" drink package, not the "classic" drink package. Check to see which package is being offered "free"....and then find it on the celebrity web site to see what's included.

The "standard" is very limited indeed!

The standard package reared it’s ugly head in 2016. Luckily the promos since then have been at least the Classic Package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk