MSC Seaside Yacht Club Review and Pics!

eroller

Thanks Ernie, for a great review. We've just booked our first YC..... as a result. :)

Will we see you on Bliss Panama?

Stephen & Daniel

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I hope you enjoy Seaside as much as I did.

No Bliss for me. I'm taking a breather from NCL. I'll probably return to try out the first Project Leonardo ship. I do think Bliss looks very nice. Some greatly needed improvements over Escape. Hope you all have a blast on her!

Wow! Thank you for the thorough, fair, and honest review! Your review fills in the gaps that others leave out.

We sailed MSC Divina a few years ago and were not expecting much based on the reviews. We kept an open mind and it turned out to be one of the best cruises we've been on!

Like you said, there are areas that MSC could work on, especially in the American market. But it looks like they're headed in the right direction.

We booked the Yacht Club on Seaside for this summer and are looking forward to it, especially now after reading your review and viewing your photos!

Wow! Thank you for the thorough, fair, and honest review! Your review fills in the gaps that others leave out.

We sailed MSC Divina a few years ago and were not expecting much based on the reviews. We kept an open mind and it turned out to be one of the best cruises we've been on!

Like you said, there are areas that MSC could work on, especially in the American market. But it looks like they're headed in the right direction.

We booked the Yacht Club on Seaside for this summer and are looking forward to it, especially now after reading your review and viewing your photos!

Thank you! So glad you found it helpful.

I'm sure you will enjoy your YC experience!

Both smoking areas in the YC were outside. One on Deck 16, on the starboard side of the outdoor deck forward of the Top Sail Lounge. The other on Deck 19, forward of the pool and bar in a seating area also on the starboard side.

Very helpful information! I booked on the Port side in YC on Seaside. Then I realized I didn’t know where the smoking areas were. I am glad I choose The opposite of the smoking areas.

Thank you so much for your review and especially for the photos. Our Seaside cruise isn’t until July of 2019. We’re taking our daughter her husband and two teens for our 50th anniversary and to celebrate my and DH 70th birthdays. As my DH and DD think I’m obsessive about this cruise, my DSIL has shown some signs of early curiosity. I sent the connection to your Flickr photos. We were on the Divina in the YC last October and enjoyed it so much more than our Haven cruise on Escape in October of 2016. Your review has made me even more excited (if that’s possible).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone stayed in YC suite 16010? It's starboard, and I just read that the smoking area is starboard. Is it close? Also, how is the location of the cabin as far as being in YC? I think there may be one cabin left on the port side.
The smoking area on 16 is the starboard side of the small outside part of the Top Sail lounge. The whole indoor Top Sail lounge would be in between the smoking area and the first starboard cabin. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

The smoking area on 16 is the starboard side of the small outside part of the Top Sail lounge. The whole indoor Top Sail lounge would be in between the smoking area and the first starboard cabin. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

You must have read my mind because of course, I started worrying about the smoke when I am on our balcony on deck 18. Silly I know but with my allergy, I sometimes run into an issue with coughing and red really watering eyes. My DH said, not to worry we are at sea and the smoke will not come and get me on the balcony.:D:D

Arthur is a refugee of Princess Cruise Line. We won the lottery when we had him on the DIVINA before he transferred to the SEASIDE. We had him for a back to back cruise over Christmas. My 3 daughters loved him and we still chat with him on Facebook. By week 2, we just let Arthur take care of the food as he knew what we liked and how much we liked. We were plied in lobster tails. We were brought an array of desserts nightly. Currently(according to my daughters), no other waiter has rivaled Arthur on any other cruise line we travelled on. MSC is lucky to have him!!

Arthur is a refugee of Princess Cruise Line. We won the lottery when we had him on the DIVINA before he transferred to the SEASIDE. We had him for a back to back cruise over Christmas. My 3 daughters loved him and we still chat with him on Facebook. By week 2, we just let Arthur take care of the food as he knew what we liked and how much we liked. We were plied in lobster tails. We were brought an array of desserts nightly. Currently(according to my daughters), no other waiter has rivaled Arthur on any other cruise line we travelled on. MSC is lucky to have him!!

It’s funny I’ve been cruising Princess since the 80’s and I have Elite status with them, but never had the fortune of running into Arthur. He told us the entire story of how he left Princess and it made for an entertaining evening! Agree MSC is lucky to have him.

Great review and wonderful photos. We're also "Elite" on Princess and have been on well over 100 cruises to date, as well. We were on our 24th Princess cruise (Caribbean Princess) early Jan and on the "Divina" the end of Jan. To sum it up in just one sentence: Somewhat disappointed with our experience on Princess this go-round and VERY impressed with MSC. We'll be back!

I’ve heard rumors that Arthur will be making a change when his contract is up in September.

Wherever he goes I'm sure he will be successful. If he leaves MSC then they have lost a great asset.

I could see Arthur at an ultra-premium or luxury line such as Oceania and Silversea. He brings a lot of experience and finesse to the table.

• 2 weeks later...
Great review and wonderful photos. We're also "Elite" on Princess and have been on well over 100 cruises to date, as well. We were on our 24th Princess cruise (Caribbean Princess) early Jan and on the "Divina" the end of Jan. To sum it up in just one sentence: Somewhat disappointed with our experience on Princess this go-round and VERY impressed with MSC. We'll be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve heard rumors that Arthur will be making a change when his contract is up in September.

He told me the same. While he likes Seaside he said the confguration of the restaurant to the kitchen make it very difficult for the servers. He said we probably wont see him next year he is hoping to move but that did not reflect in his attitude. He was ama inf on my trip on February 24.

Thank you for your excellent review! We were in the YC starting February 24 and had an absolutely amazing trip and booked again for next year. Thank you.

Wonderful informational post about your experience with MSC!!! THANK YOU!!!!

If you have a chance....I have a few questions! We are seniors and celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in June of 2020. Our plan is to bring our daughter/son-in-law and two grandsons (13/15) and our younger daughter along for the celebration on a Western Med. cruise on the Divina (or any of the MSC ships that will coincide with our schedule).

Having just returned from a lovely cruise on Oceania’s, Riviera I am wondering how the Divina compares?

Also, I really like the idea of the YC staterooms. Cruising with the family in “YC”-style would be a treat and with five adults and two children....we are wondering.......for the past several years, my husband and I have also been fortunate to cruise with HAL and worked directly with a HAL rep. We touched base with her every so often and when any specials occured (after our initial booking), she would make sure we got that discount, too, and we’d keep our initial stateroom choice. Does MSC let you take any discount that comes along after you’ve signed up and paid a deposit-and let you keep your original choice of staterooms? When we are working with a total of seven....we are talking a serious difference in cost!

THANK YOU!

Wonderful informational post about your experience with MSC!!! THANK YOU!!!!

If you have a chance....I have a few questions! We are seniors and celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in June of 2020. Our plan is to bring our daughter/son-in-law and two grandsons (13/15) and our younger daughter along for the celebration on a Western Med. cruise on the Divina (or any of the MSC ships that will coincide with our schedule).

Having just returned from a lovely cruise on Oceania’s, Riviera I am wondering how the Divina compares?

Also, I really like the idea of the YC staterooms. Cruising with the family in “YC”-style would be a treat and with five adults and two children....we are wondering.......for the past several years, my husband and I have also been fortunate to cruise with HAL and worked directly with a HAL rep. We touched base with her every so often and when any specials occured (after our initial booking), she would make sure we got that discount, too, and we’d keep our initial stateroom choice. Does MSC let you take any discount that comes along after you’ve signed up and paid a deposit-and let you keep your original choice of staterooms? When we are working with a total of seven....we are talking a serious difference in cost!

THANK YOU!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

I have also sailed on Oceania's RIVIERA and quite enjoyed it. I'll let you know up front the experience on MSC will be quite different even in the Yacht Club. In general Oceania is much more sedate than MSC. Service is more polished I would say and overall the ship has a much more elegant feel. It's an ultra-premium experience where MSC is mass-market. Mind you there are many aspects of the Yacht Club that are ultra-premium but just keep in mind that the rest of the ship is mass-market, which means a much more busy, crowded, loud, and activity filled experience. I'll also mention that cuisine on RIVIERA was probably the best I've experience at sea, and in no way does MSC's compare even in the Yacht Club. That is just my personal opinion. So my best advice is go with an open mind and enjoy the experience for what it is, and try not to compare everything to past cruises.

I do believe you can take advantage of any new promotions or rate reductions prior to final payment time. At least that is the way it works in the US. Deposits here are generally refundable, so worse case scenario you can always cancel and rebook with no penalty. I know it's different in other countries and I'm not sure where you're from. I know in the UK deposits are generally not refundable so different circumstances and rules there.

Hope this helps!

It’s funny I’ve been cruising Princess since the 80’s and I have Elite status with them, but never had the fortune of running into Arthur. He told us the entire story of how he left Princess and it made for an entertaining evening! Agree MSC is lucky to have him.

I am sure that Arthur telling how he left Princess would have been so funny. We loved Arthur as did so many other people. Yes, he never wrote down your food order and everything came perfect, just like you ordered it. Arthur is indeed one of a kind. Best waiter ever

Sue

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

I have also sailed on Oceania's RIVIERA and quite enjoyed it. I'll let you know up front the experience on MSC will be quite different even in the Yacht Club. In general Oceania is much more sedate than MSC. Service is more polished I would say and overall the ship has a much more elegant feel. It's an ultra-premium experience where MSC is mass-market. Mind you there are many aspects of the Yacht Club that are ultra-premium but just keep in mind that the rest of the ship is mass-market, which means a much more busy, crowded, loud, and activity filled experience. I'll also mention that cuisine on RIVIERA was probably the best I've experience at sea, and in no way does MSC's compare even in the Yacht Club. That is just my personal opinion. So my best advice is go with an open mind and enjoy the experience for what it is, and try not to compare everything to past cruises.

I do believe you can take advantage of any new promotions or rate reductions prior to final payment time. At least that is the way it works in the US. Deposits here are generally refundable, so worse case scenario you can always cancel and rebook with no penalty. I know it's different in other countries and I'm not sure where you're from. I know in the UK deposits are generally not refundable so different circumstances and rules there.

Hope this helps!

But isn’t Oceana Riviera a LOT more expensive than Yacht Club?