Live from the 2/18 Crown Princess

Host CJSKIDS

Wow have never heard of a steward doing such a poor job. Actually no job.

Could you have requested a different steward?

I don't think so. It really was a first for us. We had just had such a wonderful cabin steward on our 12/3/17 Regal sailing which is always the norm for us on Princess.

Perhaps he had been ill and was just having an off few weeks.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Can you post a current Crown Grill menu?
Sorry, I tried three days in a row, but it won't let me. Said the jpg was too big, even after I resized it. Anything you are looking for in particular on the menu? I can tell you if it is being served or not.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Wow, it was twice per day on our sailing last week! Well Buy One get one for $1. Each afternoon in the Wheelhouse and then at night at another bar.

Enjoy your cruise!

They don't even open the Wheel house bar until 5 pm this week. I guess between yours and my cruise, they discontinued BOGO $1.00

someone posted they discontinued the scallops app...wondering if true and what other changes...not a biggie, thanks for trying:D

They did. It says scallop but what it actually is now is a creamy whipped concoction. My husband who loves anything seafood related tried it. Actually said it was revolting and sent it back. The table next to us on the second night also got it and couldn’t figure it out either.

It’s a big globe of creamy something and then there is a small piece of fried okra.

Thanks! We are having a good time! Food is good, and fun activities. Weather is sunny!

What a change with the Wheelhouse.

Glad to hear you are having a great time and sunny weather! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

someone posted they discontinued the scallops app...wondering if true and what other changes...not a biggie, thanks for trying:D
No scallops in Crown grill. They have served them twice so far in the MDR, and they are delicious! I've had a really good seafood meal every night there!

No scallops in Crown grill. They have served them twice so far in the MDR, and they are delicious! I've had a really good seafood meal every night there!

Wow, cutbacks EVERYWHERE!

We won't be doing the Crown grill on our next cruise. This will be the first time we skip it in years, but 7 days is a short cruise and we want to go to SHARE at least once and we want to enjoy Club Class as much as possible to determine if we would re-book it in the future.

What are sanctuary chairs and how to you get them?

What you need to know: https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/The-Sanctuary-An-Ocean-of-Calm-on-Princess-Ships.html and https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/sanctuary.html. You can also do a search on this board entitled 'sanctuary' which should return lots of threads.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Carolyn -

Thought you'd like to know that we had a nice surprise when boarding the Crown. The problem cabin steward was no longer working in our block of cabins! We were so surprised! So, they either read your review or had other people complaining about him (name starts with a "J" - I have the full name but wasn't sure if I should mention it here). It was hinted to us that he was no longer working on the ship but it's possible he could've been moved to another area also. Either way, a new cabin steward was there (Alfredo) and he was really good. It was such a relief to have a good one after the problems you had with your guy. I was thinking of you and knew you'd be interested.

I also sailed this cruise and stayed on for the Feb. 23 sailing also. I must agree with most everything Caroline reported. We were in the Riviera Penthouse suites and I swear in the daytime you were freezing and at night it was hot! Strange. I don't know if our mattresses were new or not but too hard for my liking. I made do though😊. Both our stewards were fantastic! I travel with my 92 year old mom and they went above and beyond to make sure she was comfortable. I left her in the room one morning while I had breakfast with my brother and his wife. (She didn't feel like b-fast) When I came back she told me the steward washed the balcony windows and all the furniture down. We were lucky! Ship was definitely rocky. Food in Crown Grill excellent. Sure wish they would go back to the old recipe for the fettuccine, so bland now. All in all it was another great cruise!

Hey Carolyn -

Thought you'd like to know that we had a nice surprise when boarding the Crown. The problem cabin steward was no longer working in our block of cabins! We were so surprised! So, they either read your review or had other people complaining about him (name starts with a "J" - I have the full name but wasn't sure if I should mention it here). It was hinted to us that he was no longer working on the ship but it's possible he could've been moved to another area also. Either way, a new cabin steward was there (Alfredo) and he was really good. It was such a relief to have a good one after the problems you had with your guy. I was thinking of you and knew you'd be interested.

Glad to hear that you had a nice clean cabin!! Hope you really enjoyed your cruise. Looking forward to hearing about it.

It could not have only been my cabin that was in that state so I'm sure they read/and or heard about it from others as well.

Welcome home!

Glad to hear that you had a nice clean cabin!! Hope you really enjoyed your cruise. Looking forward to hearing about it.

It could not have only been my cabin that was in that state so I'm sure they read/and or heard about it from others as well.

Welcome home!

Thanks! We had one of our very best cruises to date! The crew were so awesome and the seas were as calm as could be. It was sunny and hot, just like we like it.

The cabin steward said they weren't changing much during the drydock as far as the cabins go - only a very deep cleaning since they all had the new mattresses and linens already. All of the crew and supervisors we talked to were vague about the upcoming changes during their two week break. It seems a lot won't be done and almost all of the workers were going to be working onboard during that time period.