Rebooking after price drop

RD29P5

Is it considered bad form to cancel and rebook to a higher cabin category? Looks like there was a significant price drop on the July cruise we have booked. An aft facing suite is now just a bit over $100 more than we initially paid for a forward balcony. I know DSC will be higher but I can deal with that if we do it. Also can I pick what perks I want instead of the combo choices that are online if I do this?

My understanding was to get the new rate with the price drop, I'd have to cancel and rebook. Is that not the case? I may have been given bad info from a relative.

I believe it’s technically considered a cancellation and rebook but you just call and tell them you want to change it to the new room. Just know that whatever the promos you got when you booked will disappear and you will get whatever promos are offered now instead. This could become a problem if your promo was 3rd sails free if they don’t offer it now, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in how it is handled. But, yes, completely proper to give it a try. As others said, it may be a complete rebooking with a loss of promo bennies if any were there originally. But, maybe not. All you can do is call and tell them what you want and see what they offer.

I believe it’s technically considered a cancellation and rebook but you just call and tell them you want to change it to the new room. Just know that whatever the promos you got when you booked will disappear and you will get whatever promos are offered now instead. This could become a problem if your promo was 3rd sails free if they don’t offer it now, for example.

My understanding was to get the new rate with the price drop, I'd have to cancel and rebook. Is that not the case? I may have been given bad info from a relative.

You are both right. Example that happened in just a 1 week period. I booked under free at sea and OBC.

Within the week it changed to Free Strawberries and bottle of wine. Then it was offered distinct voyagers and was $100 per person lower than when I booked.

Each change was a cancel of original invoice and each change was a loss of perks I had to the new ones offered.

So in the end I now have Distinct Voyages, Free at Sea and and fare $200 lower that when I booked. I gave up $50 OBC and Strawberries&Wine and by the time I sail it will probably change again.

Have a great cruise.

If you used two cruise next certificates for a balcony 6+ months in advance and paid in full can you rebook inside of 6 months in case of a price drop without losing one of the cruise next certificates?

I don't see any changes to the payments made in my upgrade. Still showing the 2 certs used in the initial booking. I don't think anything changed in the payments made, other than the total price increased by a bit under $300.