Changing cruise

Has anyone ever had to change their cruise and was there penalties? Ours is almost a year away and they said $100 per cabin penalty. This is funny since they only required a $50 deposit but we choose to put down more. Now I feel like I shouldn't have put down extra cause they can take more away. We haven't changed the cruise yet, but I wondered if others lost that much as well when the cruise is so far out. We were only going to change it by one day. Same length, costs more so they're making out if we change.

Because of DH's health we have had to change quite a few. We do book early, not sure about early saver because we haven't received any credit on the last three cruises. I called after DH'ss terrible fall this year, he did a lot of damage to his head. (fractured in 4 places, due to brittle bones from chemo) At first I called to see what would happen if we-AND I SAID THE WRONG WORD-cancelled, and rebooked, and there were over 150.00 dollars worth of charges, and a penalty fee, and a rebooking fee, and I said I would have to think about it. I called back when we knew he was going to make it, and said cancel, and rebook, and I got someone with a heart, and she said don't say cancel, say change, and it was 50 bucks per person. With the money we had left over, we booked two cruises, had one paid in full, and the other half paid in full. It depends, I am sure, on who answers the phone, and if they listen to you, not just hear you. Good luck,

Ok thank you for the info. Idk about "early saver". It was a $50 deposit deal with $50 OBC so that's why we did it when we did but now that we're almost to being able to see how much the flights are going to be, we contemplated changing cruises but with the penalty it's not worth it.

This is one of those "buyer beware" situations.

Booking a cruise SHOULD be far more than just seeing a low deposit and booking, you have to read the terms & conditions before making a decision. It's obvious you failed to read the terms.

All those low deposit rates are Early Saver as previously advised, the deposits are non-refundable and there is a $50 fee per person for all name changes.

Early saver is a non-refundable deposit, $50 change fee per person. So, if you change your cruise date/ship, you lose $50 per person & they hold the remaining deposit as a future cruise credit. If you want, you can always ask your PVP to speak to their supervisor to see if anything can be waived if the new cruise is booked at that time. I would think the answer would still be no, but you don't get what you don't ask for, so doesn't hurt to ask. Also, check the credit card you used for the booking - some of the automatically add travel insurance.