PVP question

Wave61

Just back from a cruise and already got our future cruise offer so we went ahead and booked it. Our neighbours want to come along and have booked as well. We will be on the Miracle, March 31/19 sailing. We booked a vista suite and neighbours booked the ocean suite beside us. Deck 5 only had available cabins to allow us to do this. Our hope was/is to open up the divider to have an even larger wrap around balcony. It looks like this sailing is filling up fast!

Now I read that deck 5 balcony dividers can't be opened for safety reasons. I am hoping that something may open up for us on a higher deck but it would mean we'd have to check constantly. If both of us got the same PVP would they do the checking for us and switch us if something came available?

Just back from a cruise and already got our future cruise offer so we went ahead and booked it. Our neighbours want to come along and have booked as well. We will be on the Miracle, March 31/19 sailing. We booked a vista suite and neighbours booked the ocean suite beside us. Deck 5 only had available cabins to allow us to do this. Our hope was/is to open up the divider to have an even larger wrap around balcony. It looks like this sailing is filling up fast!

Now I read that deck 5 balcony dividers can't be opened for safety reasons. I am hoping that something may open up for us on a higher deck but it would mean we'd have to check constantly. If both of us got the same PVP would they do the checking for us and switch us if something came available?

I'm guessing, based on your question, that you don't currently have a PVP. You'll need to call Carnival and ask to be put in touch with a PVP. Then have your booking(s) transferred to him / her, and see if you can get the connecting cabins. There's an old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Seems to apply here.

Yup...call Carnival and ask to be put in touch with a PVP. Couldn't hurt, right?

We've had a PVP since after our first sailing (they called us, in fact) and we've always really liked it. He probably has a file three inches thick with notes from past cruises about what we liked, what we didn't and about what our preferences in general are and the special accommodations we need to make things go smoother than butter off a bald monkey's butt for our son (who is autistic).

Thanks for your replies. I kind of wondered whether they'd have to be checking constantly and whether they'd be willing to do that. Since I enjoy being in control, it's probably best just to keep things the way they are and check myself from time to time.

Thanks for your replies. I kind of wondered whether they'd have to be checking constantly and whether they'd be willing to do that. Since I enjoy being in control, it's probably best just to keep things the way they are and check myself from time to time.

I think this is your best approach. We have a PVP and though he's quite responsive and helpful, he hasn't been particularly proactive in keeping an eye out for future cruises, etc. that we've told him we are interested in. We just do our own checking and call him when we see something we want. I'm sure others here will say that's not the case with their PVP but that's been the case with ours.

I think this is your best approach. We have a PVP and though he's quite responsive and helpful, he hasn't been particularly proactive in keeping an eye out for future cruises, etc. that we've told him we are interested in. We just do our own checking and call him when we see something we want. I'm sure others here will say that's not the case with their PVP but that's been the case with ours.

A good pvp with established customers might do it for his beat customers but would lots of customers dont think their is enough hours of the day to do it for too many. Best to check yourself

You have to do your own looking because once a pvp l\has the booking they will not be checking for you .