Cuban Restaurants

tortuga1975

I’m going to Cuba in May on the Carnival Paradise. We’ve booked CCL excursions but our evening is still free. I thought it might be fun to try a local restaurant for dinner. Does anyone have recommendations or a good guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Paladar San Cristóbal is one of most well known restaurants in Havana. Paladars are privately run restaurants operated out of family-owned locations. Most restaurants are operated by the government and not recommended. The Obamas ate there when they visited in 2016. Reservations are a must. Phone numbers are listed on the website. They were not responding to email or facebook messages when we ate there but did answer the phone and take our reservation. If you don't speak Spanish have someone who does make the call for you. There are multiple numbers there, try until one works. It was definitely worth the trouble.

http://www.paladarsancristobal.com/en/

We had a wonderful experience at 304 O'Reilly. We had our guide walk us by and help us make a reservation for the following day. We also had a great dinner at Cafe Laurent, and were able to make reservations via email. The food was fabulous. But our favorite was 304 O'Reilly. I had just read an article in one of the foodie mags about it before we went, and it did not disappoint.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We would love to find a nice restaurant not far from the pier on our upcoming cruise but my wife is deathly allergic to cigar smoke. Does anyone know a nice restaurant where cigar smoking is not allowed?

EDIT: I just read that smoking is not allowed at O'Reilly's. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

We would love to find a nice restaurant not far from the pier on our upcoming cruise but my wife is deathly allergic to cigar smoke. Does anyone know a nice restaurant where cigar smoking is not allowed?

EDIT: I just read that smoking is not allowed at O'Reilly's. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

When you get back, please do a detailed review. I would love to hear all about the trip.

La Paladar Guarida was one of the best meals we had on our entire HAL cruise — and privately owned, so compliant with US rules.

I highly recommend making reservations and arranging for a car to pick you up at a certain time when you leave as I didn’t see taxis in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk