Navigator dry dock coming

I was told that in 2020 when Mariner moves to Port Canaveral the Navigator will be taking over the 3 and 4 night sailings from Miami and Explorer will take over the 5 and 9 night sailings.

Mariner moves to Port Canaveral for May 2019. Navigator takes over the 3/4 day itineraries then.

Different opinions for different folks. Personally, I am annoyed since we love this class of ship and flying all the way to Florida to do a 3 to 5 day cruise is not worth the airfare. Seems like you have to pay a small fortune now to do a 7 day cruise with RCCL since the majority of the 7 day cruises are going to the Oasis class ships, which always seem to charge a premium.

Totally agree with this opinion. Looks like they are moving the mini putt course on the Mariner to that sundeck (like they did on the Liberty). Maybe they will do the same on the Navigator when they put the slides and kids' splash areas at the back where the course is currently.

Did you not see, earlier in this discussion, that the exact same class ship is doing the 5 and 9 night cruises? Instead of the Navigator it will be the Explorer.

Dan

Did you not see, earlier in this discussion, that the exact same class ship is doing the 5 and 9 night cruises? Instead of the Navigator it will be the Explorer.

Dan

Just referencing my previous post. Sorry didn't mean to come across snarky. I am very happy as well to have a Voyager or Freedom class doing the 9 night ABC itinerary. I would prefer Freedom class, but the Voyager is awfully similar.

Dan

Anyone have a guess when we’ll hear more firm confirmation of what RCCL will do to the Navigator during dry-dock?

Dan

I would guess around the time that dry dock starts.

Hopefully they are not adding staterooms. The bars are all ready full before dinner and is almost impossible to get a seat. I am thinking it will add slides and a few other attractions and maybe swap Sabor out for another restaurant that is more profitable

Hopefully they are not adding staterooms. The bars are all ready full before dinner and is almost impossible to get a seat. I am thinking it will add slides and a few other attractions and maybe swap Sabor out for another restaurant that is more profitable

Just look at Adventure. Suite Lounge added. CL removed. More cabins added.

What bars are their no seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Navigator was the first ship who got the additional cabins on deck 12, so this is done already.

Now she will get ugly slides and the yellow ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

If the plan is to make Navigator do 3/4 night Bahamas runs similar to Mariner, I could see them making very similar changes to Navigator that Mariner now has. Of course, Navigator already has a step on it as the deck 12 rooms by the spa were already added and some of the other stateroom additions and changes for specialty restaurants has already happened.

I can see them:

-Adding staterooms were CL is.

-Converting Izumi to SL and moving it elsewhere, perhaps where Sabor is located

-Adding the slides and the SkyPad

-Adding some of the newer bar concepts like Playmakers and Bamboo room.

I'm wondering if they will monitor how it is working on Mariner at first or if they already have to have the plans in place by now. Were only about 6 months away.

I'm looking at one of the 9-nights, that's why I'm curious.

For those who care:

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-to-modernize-10-cruise-ships-4-years/23442

Voyager Class Upgrades

In summer 2018, the transformation of Royal Caribbean’s short Caribbean cruises will begin with the $90 million amp-up of Mariner of the Seas. Mariner will redefine the quick getaway by giving guests the chance to take their weekends to new heights with the addition of new thrills, such as Sky Pad and laser tag; The Bamboo Room, a retro lounge with its tiki-chic décor; and the fun and vibrant Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade. The program will continue in 2019 on sister ship Navigator of the Seas, which also will be redesigned to specifically cater to those who seek a quick getaway.

• 2 weeks later...

My twin 15-year-old daughters and I are on the March 10-15, 2019 cruise.

Yesterday Chops Grille, Jamie's Italian and the Chef's table showed up in the dining section of the cruise planner. No Izumi, no Sabor.

Also, the deck plans on the official Royal site has three sets. One for 2018, one from Feb 1st to April 21, 2019 and another from April 26th 2019 onward.

I'm SO hoping they aren't adding back Sabor and Izumi after our cruise. My girls hate steak but LOVE Asian and Mexican foods.

My twin 15-year-old daughters and I are on the March 10-15, 2019 cruise.

Yesterday Chops Grille, Jamie's Italian and the Chef's table showed up in the dining section of the cruise planner. No Izumi, no Sabor.

Also, the deck plans on the official Royal site has three sets. One for 2018, one from Feb 1st to April 21, 2019 and another from April 26th 2019 onward.

I'm SO hoping they aren't adding back Sabor and Izumi after our cruise. My girls hate steak but LOVE Asian and Mexican foods.

Navigator currently has all of those restaurants that you listed. Just because they are not in the cruise planner does not mean that they are not there.

Izumi is on deck 14

Chops and Giovsnnis on deck 11

Sabor on deck 4

Chefs table is small and held within another venue.

Navigator currently has all of those restaurants that you listed. Just because they are not in the cruise planner does not mean that they are not there.

Izumi is on deck 14

Chops and Giovsnnis on deck 11

Sabor on deck 4

Chefs table is small and held within another venue.

You're missing the point. Just because they are there NOW doesn't mean they will be there after they refurb the ship.

Giovanni's is obviously being replaced by Jamie's. All good. Looking at the Mariner's current new deck plan, Izumi's is where Sabor is on Navigator and Playmakers was added.