Navigator dry dock coming

Probably slides, more staterooms, more specialty restaurants, swim diaper area.

I might be wrong, but I think it's already maxed out the venues for specialty restaurants. Izumi and Sabor are both on there as well as Chops and Giovani's. I wonder where they could stuff another one.

Our kids would really like a slide or two added.

Dan

I might be wrong, but I think it's already maxed out the venues for specialty restaurants. Izumi and Sabor are both on there as well as Chops and Giovani's. I wonder where they could stuff another one. ...

They could replace Vintages with a restaurant, similar to what they did with Adventure's sports bar.

I also forget to mention a Suite Lounge with the former CL becoming staterooms.

They could replace Vintages with a restaurant, similar to what they did with Adventure's sports bar.

I also forget to mention a Suite Lounge with the former CL becoming staterooms.

Thanks! I'm sure that those who like Vintages wouldn't like that, but I would. In my experience, Vintages is rarely at 1/2 capacity, or even 1/4 capacity. I would like something different there (other than a shop of some kind)

Dan

On adventure they converted the card room on deck 14 port side for the Suite Lounge to replace the concierge lounge it is not possible on Navigator as Izumi has all ready replaced it they could wall off a portion of the Viking Crown Lounge or use the cigar lounge as a suite lounge like explorer does for pinnacles on the trans pacific. I also can’t see where 100 additional staterooms are going as reported in other Navigator threads

I wonder where they could stuff another one.

Replace Johnny Rockets with Hook'd

Replace Sabor with..........anything.

The sundeck on top of deck 12 is MASSIVE and way underused. I'd like to see them add hot tubs up there.

I read that they are suppose to be putting in a Park Cafe as well like on the Allure, Oasis and other ships in that class. That is what I would be most excited about, but would like to know what they are removing to put that in. We are currently booked a on the 9 night on the Harmony departing the end of March. The Navigator is about $1000 cheaper though for around the same time and it is the same length. What to do, what to do...

I read that they are suppose to be putting in a Park Cafe as well like on the Allure, Oasis and other ships in that class. That is what I would be most excited about, but would like to know what they are removing to put that in. We are currently booked a on the 9 night on the Harmony departing the end of March. The Navigator is about $1000 cheaper though for around the same time and it is the same length. What to do, what to do...

I'll believe the Park Cafe thing when I see it. They planned to do that to Voyager/Freedom ships years ago, and nothing came of it.

So, Bob, if there is to be a suite lounge where would it be? Izumi takes up the area that became the suite lounge on Liberty.

Good question. Maybe they move Izumi down to the Royal Promenade?

I might be wrong, but I think it's already maxed out the venues for specialty restaurants. Izumi and Sabor are both on there as well as Chops and Giovani's. I wonder where they could stuff another one.

Our kids would really like a slide or two added.

Dan

Giovanni may be replaced by Jamie’s???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told last week after Navigator comes out of drydock it will stay in Tampa doing 4,5 night Caribbean sailings, never leaving the US again

Tampa cannot be right, Voyager class ships cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

I thought Navigator was going to Miami to do 3/4 night Bahamas cruises.

Tampa cannot be right, Voyager class ships cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

I thought Navigator was going to Miami to do 3/4 night Bahamas cruises.

Looks like after April 2019 you are correct.

March 2019 right out of dry dock has some 5 and 9 nighters

Dan

Yep, you got it.

Dan

I was told that in 2020 when Mariner moves to Port Canaveral the Navigator will be taking over the 3 and 4 night sailings from Miami and Explorer will take over the 5 and 9 night sailings.

I was told that in 2020 when Mariner moves to Port Canaveral the Navigator will be taking over the 3 and 4 night sailings from Miami and Explorer will take over the 5 and 9 night sailings.

Correct, but just to be clear...

From Feb 24th - April 21st 2019 the Navigator is still doing the same 5 and 9 night itineraries as it is now out of Miami. (I'm booked on a March 2019 9 night ABC cruise on the Navigator.). Then it switches to the 3 and 4 nighters.

The Explorer is taking over 5 and 9 nights out of Miami, but not until late Nov 2019.

Dan

From Feb 24th - April 21st 2019 the Navigator is still doing the same 5 and 9 night itineraries as it is now out of Miami. (I'm booked on a March 2019 9 night ABC cruise on the Navigator.). Then it switches to the 3 and 4 nighters.

The Explorer is taking over 5 and 9 nights out of Miami, but not until late Nov 2019.

Dan

We are also on a 9 night ABC cruise in March 2019. We booked it while sailing the 9 night on Navigator last month. It was the Next Cruise representative who booked our 2019 cruise that told us of the ships post-dry dock plans. She didn't give us the dates, but according to the website you are correct. We will be happy to have Explorer back in Florida!

Dan

So excited that we get Mariner this year and then Navigator next year. To have ships this size for our short cruises is amazing. Once we do Navigator then we will be on all 5 of the Adventure Class ships which is pretty cool.

We are also on a 9 night ABC cruise in March 2019. We booked it while sailing the 9 night on Navigator last month. It was the Next Cruise representative who booked our 2019 cruise that told us of the ships post-dry dock plans. She didn't give us the dates, but according to the website you are correct. We will be happy to have Explorer back in Florida!

Yes, the Voyager and Freedom classes are our favorites. I will be perfectly happy with the Explorer too. With all of the new ships coming out, that is good for us since the price is lower on these.

So excited that we get Mariner this year and then Navigator next year. To have ships this size for our short cruises is amazing. Once we do Navigator then we will be on all 5 of the Adventure Class ships which is pretty cool.

Yeah, with these classes of ships getting outsized by the giants, it's great to have these great ships for lots of good cruise options

Dan

Different opinions for different folks. Personally, I am annoyed since we love this class of ship and flying all the way to Florida to do a 3 to 5 day cruise is not worth the airfare. Seems like you have to pay a small fortune now to do a 7 day cruise with RCCL since the majority of the 7 day cruises are going to the Oasis class ships, which always seem to charge a premium.

The sundeck on top of deck 12 is MASSIVE and way underused. I'd like to see them add hot tubs up there.

Totally agree with this opinion. Looks like they are moving the mini putt course on the Mariner to that sundeck (like they did on the Liberty). Maybe they will do the same on the Navigator when they put the slides and kids' splash areas at the back where the course is currently.