What would you bring back?

Jenal2

I would bring back NO "specialty" restaurants, but EXCELLENT food and presentation in the dining room. That's what I miss the most. 5 course meals that actually taste good, with many choices, and real silverware, molded butter pats, crystal glasses, china plate....I like that! It's so civilized!

My first cruise was on Sovereign. Mostly I remember the naivety of cruising--I didn't have a clue. The travel agent made all the arrangements including the flights. The RCL transfer bus was there waiting on everyone. It was the day of the cruise. I remember an excursion I went on and they did that dance where you went under that bar. The punch was spiked. I was so sick I couldn't go to lobster night. The steward brought a plate of crackers to my cabin and hubby went to dinner alone. He said the waiter giggled when he was told I got tipsy.

The midnight buffet was amazing. People couldn't wait to take photos of the ice sculptures and fruit/vegetable carvings. I remember the shows and how amazing I thought they were. I was just starry eyed at the whole thing.

Our steward was amazing. I remember writing him a letter and leaving him a nice tip. It occurred to me the last day he had to do the same thing next week and the week after that.

I remember the wine steward and buying 2 cases of wine with RCL wine glasses we proudly displayed when we got home. I remember Labadee was just a little island. I still have the letter size map they handed you.

I would bring back NO "specialty" restaurants, but EXCELLENT food and presentation in the dining room. That's what I miss the most. 5 course meals that actually taste good, with many choices, and real silverware, molded butter pats, crystal glasses, china plate....I like that! It's so civilized!

I totally agree. The dinners used to be my favorite part of a cruise. My husband prefers the buffet, so we usually do that. I still drag him to the dining room a few times but I used to love the long, leisurely dinners with great service, food, and (hopefully) interesting table mates.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums