Hotel with Ft Lauderdale airport shuttle?

helene109

We stopped staying at Embassy Suites a couple of years ago and from what I have read recently it continues to look tired.

For mid October 2018 I don't think $153.00 is that bad. What price are you seeing ES for ?

I see AAA rate of $227 for 10/19/18 direct at ES website.

• 1 month later...

I am looking at Hyatt Place 17th street......right there next to Embassy suites. I could not find an ES rate lower than 250+/- for the November date I am looking for.

Valuetrips has Hyatt Place listed for $153...there is the conundrum of whether to work with Valuetrips or not.....hard getting responses etc. but the price is great. I found another reservation for Hyatt Place for $227....which is still cheaper than ES.

I have already made a backup reservation for Hyatt Place and am still debating valuetrips....I keep hearing my mother's voice in my head saying......if it sounds to good to be true?????...

I know too much info, but just wanted you to see how the prices compare and what options there are.....

We have it booked for sept thru valutrips. It took about 3 weeks to get a conformation from them but we called the hotel directly about a week later and they had us booked for the sept 15th, and 23rd & 24th. We are staying a few days extra. Don't let it worry you, they are a bit slow with their response but it will come. It's a real nice and clean hotel.

Hello right now i am booked at the Embassy Suites for September 21, 2018....I had gotten a real good rate of $146 that is with taxes included....never stayed here before....but i am reading now about all the negative reviews...saying it looks tired, and need refurbishing.... Have been reading about valuetrips.com and they are offering the Hyatt Place which is right in back of the Embassy Suites for $119 for the date that i am coming down...

My question is how safe is it to use valuetrips.com....never used them before...i see you have to give a credit card....and people saying it takes a while for them to get back to you....Also i see that it is only $2 to use the shuttle from the airport to the hotel.... Next morning i am using SAS Shuttle to take me down to the POM....I will have to check with them, to see if they pick up at the Hyatt Place....

Would apppreciate it very much, if you can get to me with answers to my questions.... you can mail me at catfin7@gmaildotcom...

Cruising lady, Hyatt Place is IMO is Newer, Cleaner, Friendly, one block behind E.S. Shuttle driver is promp, (only 3 miles from FLL) We have been there 3 times thru valuetrips in the past 2 years. We are staying there again this September. They have been a little slow at responding, but we have never been denied a stay. My last stay at E.S. was about 3-4 years ago and thought it was old and room was not the cleanest. We have neighbors that cruise on Princess once a year and they stay at H.P. also. Put in a request and wait a week to call the hotel to check for your reservation. You are not charged from Value Trips, you are charged at the hotel.V. T. is just a little slow with their email back to you.

Pretty sure SAS will pick you up from this hotel as it is close to the airport,. You could always take the hotel shuttle back to the airport, SAS will pick you up there. We have been picked up by SAS from Hilton Marina back about 7-8 years ago. Sorry for the long post,just trying to help.

I use the Best Western Airport hotel. They have free shuttles, a few places to eat walkable, a small strip mall next door, pool & breakfast in the AM. Then I take their shuttle to the airport and use SAS to take me to the POM.

Sorry but I'm a bit confused....Hyatt Place just off 17th Street sits right next to the Harbor Shopping area which has a publix market as well as several restaurants there and very near by and actually sits just behind Embassy Suites...Perhaps you didn't stay at this particular Hyatt Place.

We stayed at this hotel in April 2018. Hotel had a good breakfast of hot & cold foods. Very close to plenty of restaurants. We had dinner at Kelly's Landing.

Hyatt's shuttle driver took us to the airport....maybe a 10 minute drive. :)

We stayed at this hotel in April 2018. Hotel had a good breakfast of hot & cold foods. Very close to plenty of restaurants. We had dinner at Kelly's Landing.

Hyatt's shuttle driver took us to the airport....maybe a 10 minute drive. :)

Thanks we did NOT stay at Hyatt Place convention center as I think that there are 2 locations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Any other opinions still can’t decide! Family really wants Embassy Suites for the room size this is only one night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A big negative we've also found at Embassy...no in room safe...and you have to go through the bedroom to enter the bathroom..might not be a problem for you..but it can be for other's that are sleeping on the sofabed in the living room area.

I'm currently at Gallery One Doubletree and if has been great so far. Booked a one bedroom, was upgraded to a two bedroom two bath unit. Location is great, right on the water taxi (spent the day sightseeing on that), walk to the mall (basically right next door) that has a lot of places to eat too.

I like Best Western Oceanside Inn. It’s near the beach and water taxi. Has nice pool, a bar and a good breakfast.

I was just on their website and could not find anything about a shuttle from the airport. Is there one, do you know? Thanks.